Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Angels and Free Will

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Angels and Free Will

    Can anyone explain the free will of Angles. Do they have it? I have been told they don't have free will and they act as Allah (swt) commands them.

    1. I have heard a Hadith where we recite some verses of Surah Al-Hashr and 70 thousand angles pray for our forgiveness all day. Why do angels pray for us? Allah (swt) commands them to pray to him?

    2. I have heard that when Pharaoh was drowning, Angle Jibree put mud in his mouth so he could not repent. Did Allah (swt) ask Jibreel to shut his mouth? or Jibreel acted on his own?

    3. In many verses of Quran (7:11, 15:28-31, 17:61, 18:50, 20:116, 38:71-74), Iblees has been mentioned among the Mala'ika (angels), then why did he disobey if he was among the angels?

    4. There are angles who are always worshipping/praising Allah (swt). Since they have no free will, do they worship because they were commanded to do so?

  • #2
    Re: Angels and Free Will

    angels can act on their own, i.e without it being an order from Allah, but having no free will means they don't have ability to commit any sin; they can only do good

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Angels and Free Will

      These are goof questions. Anybody can explain them? :jkk:
      There are gems to be discovered in Quran.

      Recite :saw: when you read this sentence.

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Angels and Free Will

        Originally posted by Hassaan333 View Post
        These are goof questions. Anybody can explain them? :jkk:
        Good*
        There are gems to be discovered in Quran.

        Recite :saw: when you read this sentence.

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Angels and Free Will

          I read in ibn katheer most importantly that Jibraeel did that so 'he could have some mercy of Allah'
          There are gems to be discovered in Quran.

          Recite :saw: when you read this sentence.

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Angels and Free Will

            Originally posted by Hassaan333 View Post
            I read in ibn katheer most importantly that Jibraeel did that so 'he could have some mercy of Allah'
            Probably *

            There's no edit button here.
            There are gems to be discovered in Quran.

            Recite :saw: when you read this sentence.

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Angels and Free Will

              I believe Angels have free will. Well... From a biblical perspective they certainly do. :) if they did not worship God out of love and sincerity born out of free will then their worship would be worthless. This is also demonstrated that part of the heavenly host rebelled against God and sided with Satan. They could only have made this choice if they had been gifted with free will by God.

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Angels and Free Will

                Originally posted by Arbed View Post
                I believe Angels have free will. Well... From a biblical perspective they certainly do. :) if they did not worship God out of love and sincerity born out of free will then their worship would be worthless. This is also demonstrated that part of the heavenly host rebelled against God and sided with Satan. They could only have made this choice if they had been gifted with free will by God.
                Are you a Christian?
                There are gems to be discovered in Quran.

                Recite :saw: when you read this sentence.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: Angels and Free Will

                  Originally posted by Hassaan333 View Post
                  Are you a Christian?
                  Yep sorry... I guess I should not have posted a reply in this section. Feel free to ignore. :)

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: Angels and Free Will

                    1. Pray and Worship are two different words. I can pray for my head to stop aching or for my brother to get good grades. I however worship neither my brother, the grades or the aching.
                    2. Did God order a particular angel in the 5th heaven to do a certain order. Point in question, we don't know what Allah orders his Angels to do unless he tells us himself.
                    3. I can attend a party filled with rich people while i myself am not rich, being among a party of rich people does not equate to me being rich. If you read into the story of Iblees, he is not an Angel he is a Djinn, but was given a station among them, i.e in their gathering. While being among them like in my party analogy above he was not of them.
                    4. -
                    (a)Angels have personality differences and free-will, they however do not have the will to disobey their Master, like the same way a human being cannot kill himself by holding his breath, the angles do not have it in them to disobey their Lord, they just don't like the same way you just don't have it in you to look at your back and front at the same time.

                    (b)Of my own opinion i think.. they are always praising their Lord similar to say how a human is always breathing. Imagine an unending ovation/praising, the same way humans will continue to praise God in paradise even though they have not been commanded to do so but because every little thing leaves them in awe of the one that created it, thus the continuous praise like how when an individual sees something amazing you exclaim "oh my God" but that only lasts for a moment, on the other hand being in the state of knowledge that the angles have i can imagine they are in continuous awe of the majesty of their lord thus the endless praise because the majesty and beauty of their lord is endless. It is a state we will find ourselves in paradise (hoping we make it there) in the endless pursuit of knowledge of our lord through exploring his most decorated creation (paradise) that keeps getting better endlessly. Which will lead to the only logical thing when you come across something that amazing - "Oh my God".

                    -----

                    Allah knows best.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: Angels and Free Will

                      Iblees are not angel nor he is fallen angel. Another qwuran verse said he came from the nation of jinn, and jinn has free will obviously. http://www.islamic-awareness.org/Qur...nal/qi010.html

                      As for angels whether they have free will or not -- well no one here can answer it for you as none of us are scholars :D. Go ask your question to islamweb they weill answer in around 3 weeks, thats my suggestion.
                      :GB_bonesrock:
                      And all the heavens go their way.... And only change is here to stay...

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: Angels and Free Will

                        Originally posted by Ariadne View Post
                        Iblees are not angel nor he is fallen angel. Another qwuran verse said he came from the nation of jinn, and jinn has free will obviously. http://www.islamic-awareness.org/Qur...nal/qi010.html

                        As for angels whether they have free will or not -- well no one here can answer it for you as none of us are scholars :D. Go ask your question to islamweb they weill answer in around 3 weeks, thats my suggestion.
                        this is a basic knowledge of muslims sister; I learnt it as a kid that angels do not have free-will! :D; so much for your 'legit' scholars!; they aint taught you the basics yet! :D

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: Angels and Free Will

                          Originally posted by thisissultan View Post
                          1. Pray and Worship are two different words. I can pray for my head to stop aching or for my brother to get good grades. I however worship neither my brother, the grades or the aching.
                          2. Did God order a particular angel in the 5th heaven to do a certain order. Point in question, we don't know what Allah orders his Angels to do unless he tells us himself.
                          3. I can attend a party filled with rich people while i myself am not rich, being among a party of rich people does not equate to me being rich. If you read into the story of Iblees, he is not an Angel he is a Djinn, but was given a station among them, i.e in their gathering. While being among them like in my party analogy above he was not of them.
                          4. -
                          (a)Angels have personality differences and free-will, they however do not have the will to disobey their Master, like the same way a human being cannot kill himself by holding his breath, the angles do not have it in them to disobey their Lord, they just don't like the same way you just don't have it in you to look at your back and front at the same time.

                          (b)Of my own opinion i think.. they are always praising their Lord similar to say how a human is always breathing. Imagine an unending ovation/praising, the same way humans will continue to praise God in paradise even though they have not been commanded to do so but because every little thing leaves them in awe of the one that created it, thus the continuous praise like how when an individual sees something amazing you exclaim "oh my God" but that only lasts for a moment, on the other hand being in the state of knowledge that the angles have i can imagine they are in continuous awe of the majesty of their lord thus the endless praise because the majesty and beauty of their lord is endless. It is a state we will find ourselves in paradise (hoping we make it there) in the endless pursuit of knowledge of our lord through exploring his most decorated creation (paradise) that keeps getting better endlessly. Which will lead to the only logical thing when you come across something that amazing - "Oh my God".

                          -----

                          Allah knows best.
                          To add to this - when i say on point 4 (a) Angels have personality differences and free-will. I do not mean human complete free-will, more like the free-will to think and ponder and internalize questions regarding certain topics and whatever else Allah has allowed for them, absent the ability to disobey their master.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: Angels and Free Will

                            Originally posted by AbdullahiG View Post
                            this is a basic knowledge of muslims sister; I learnt it as a kid that angels do not have free-will! :D; so much for your 'legit' scholars!; they aint taught you the basics yet! :D
                            Lol of course they taught me that angels have NO free will, this fact I've even known from childhood! It's just they just stopped at there -- they didn't explain in depth whether angels still can do things by their own will as long as it doesn't disobey Allah. For example, helping human beings even when Allah doesn't command it so.

                            But the verse where Angels were questioning Allah when He created Adam, that is always intriguing me. Or hadith from musnad ahmad that Allah has angels that record the leaves of the trees, and if we're lost on journey losing our path we can call them for help, 'o servants of Allah, help me!". So they might show us the way out. So I only assume maybe they have a little free will... I never ask the question before.
                            :GB_bonesrock:
                            And all the heavens go their way.... And only change is here to stay...

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: Angels and Free Will

                              Originally posted by Mujahid4ever View Post
                              Can anyone explain the free will of Angles. Do they have it? I have been told they don't have free will and they act as Allah (swt) commands them.

                              1. I have heard a Hadith where we recite some verses of Surah Al-Hashr and 70 thousand angles pray for our forgiveness all day. Why do angels pray for us? Allah (swt) commands them to pray to him?

                              2. I have heard that when Pharaoh was drowning, Angle Jibree put mud in his mouth so he could not repent. Did Allah (swt) ask Jibreel to shut his mouth? or Jibreel acted on his own?

                              3. In many verses of Quran (7:11, 15:28-31, 17:61, 18:50, 20:116, 38:71-74), Iblees has been mentioned among the Mala'ika (angels), then why did he disobey if he was among the angels?

                              4. There are angles who are always worshipping/praising Allah (swt). Since they have no free will, do they worship because they were commanded to do so?
                              Angels can act on there own.
                              Allah ( swt ) says angels do not disobey Him , it means that they have certain will but still there perfection is such that they do not oppose any command of Allah ( swt ).

                              If they did not have any will whatsoever , why would Allah ( swt ) praise the angels ? If someone is like robot then it does not show any goodness.
                              Praiseworthy act is only when I have a chance to do bad , but I choose to act and do good.


                              Ibless is mentioned along with angels because he was living among them.
                              But he is NOT an angel , he is a Jinn. Different creations altogether.

                              Comment

                              Collapse

                              Edit this module to specify a template to display.

                              Working...
                              X