Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is 'foreskin restoration' allowed in Islam? (Males-only)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is 'foreskin restoration' allowed in Islam? (Males-only)

MALES-ONLY THREAD, WOMEN TURN BACK NOW

Hey guys,

I just wanted to know if 'foreskin restoration' is allowed in Islam. For those of you who don't know what this is, I will explain:

'Foreskin restoration' is the process of stretching (using hands) the remaining shaft skin on the penis in order to trigger mitosis which will expand the remaining skin and allow it to grow (expand). If enough skin is grown (expanded), the skin can cover the glans (like a foreskin would), thus it will be known as a 'restored foreskin'.

Now I know that in Islam circumcision is highly recommended, so restoring the foreskin will most likely be disliked, but I wanted to make something clear- even though this is called 'foreskin restoration', it is not actually 'foreskin restoration' per se. What I mean by that is once a man is circumcised, he is circumcised. There is nothing he can do to change that; even if he goes through 'foreskin restoration' he will still be considered circumcised. Why? Because 'foreskin restoration' does not actually restore the foreskin (create a new foreskin). It simply takes the remaining skin (that is left after circumcision) and expands it. The expanded skin is not a new 'foreskin', it is simply the remaining skin (that was left after circumcision) but extended.

Given that, I'd like to know if 'foreskin restoration' is allowed in Islam, and if I can do it. I think it should be allowed, because I am circumcised and I will be circumcised even if I go through 'foreskin restoration'. As explained above, I cannot change my status, so even if I go through this practice I will still be circumcised, thus I don't see any wrongdoing in this (as this does not change my circumcised status).

What do you guys think about this?

Thanks.
    Last edited by Darul Ilm; 13-01-15, 07:57 PM. Reason: further clarification

Re: Is 'foreskin restoration' allowed in Islam? (Males-only)

I don't think it's allowed for the reason why we get rid of the foreskin is so that we would stay clean and foreskin would not get in the way of sex [once we get older]?, and restoring the foreskin defeats the purpose of getting rid of it in the first place!

Comment

In that sense I understand it's not allowed, but what you bring back is not a 'foreskin'. Once a foreskin is gone, it's gone forever; there is no way to bring it back. All 'foreskin restoration' does is simply extend the remaining skin. That's all.

Comment

The point of a circumcision is to remove foreskin so that it wouldn't cover your clans. If you are restoring it, then it defeats the whole purpose.

foreskin would not get in the way of sex [once we get older]?
        did you come up with this by yourself? There is no considerable benefit for a healthy boy to be circumcised. It fulfills your natural fitrah, shows your obedience to Islam. That is it. Don't come with your hygiene problems, you are suppose to wash yourself every time you go to toilet. Having or not a foreskin doesn't change anything, unless you are very short on water...

Comment

@toska,

I understand that it fulfills the fitrah and shows obedience to Islam, as this act is a sunnah (very recommended). But by restoring I won't be changing the fact that I am 'circumcised'. I will always be circumcised regardless of whether I restore or not. So even if I restore, I will still be fulfilling the fitrah and showing obedience to Islam, because I will still be 'circumcised'. I can't change the fact that I was circumcised. Plus, I am not restoring the 'foreskin' per se, as I've said earlier. It is simply extending/expanding the existing skin (remaining skin). It's not a restored 'foreskin', it is just the skin you have right now, but extended.

Given that, I don't see any wrongdoing in this, because 1) I will still be obeying Islam, as I will still be considered 'circumcised', and 2) I won't be restoring the foreskin, as I will simply be extending the remaining skin.
          Last edited by gamer4ever; 25-12-14, 10:09 PM.

Comment

Why would you want to do something like that?
            "And thus have We willed you to be a community of the middle way."
            (al-Baqarah: 143)

Allahumma innaa na'udhu bika min an nushrika bika shai-an na'lamuh; wa nastaghfiruka limaa laa na'lam.

Comment

Well there's a number of reasons why I want to do this. My circumcision was done very poorly, and for that reason I suffer from a lot of problems, such as skin damage, nerve damage, erectile dysfunction, and premature ejaculation. Due to a bad circumcision, my skin screwed up, and also a lot (more than necessary) foreskin was removed, which made me lose a lot of nerves. Furthermore, this major loss of nerves made me lose a lot of sensitivity. In addition to all of this, due to messed up nerves I also suffer from premature ejaculation, because my brain cannot send proper signals (this causes me to ejaculate very early; and I have no control due to messed up nerves). Due to this botched up circumcision I also suffer from erectile dysfunction.

I have no problem with circumcision, and in fact I think it's a pretty good thing (in terms of being clean and such), thus it's a sunnah. However, a botched up circumcision is not a good thing at all. In my case, my botched up (very poorly done) circumcision caused me a lot of problems such as massive skin and nerve damage, and due to that I also suffer from premature ejaculation and erectile dysfunction. My reason for restoring is to cure all of these problems. If I restore I will grow more skin and with that I will gain more nerves, which will solve my skin/nerve problems. In addition, once my skin/nerve problems are solved, my premature ejaculation and erectile dysfunction problem will also be fixed.

I hope that makes more sense. By all means I am not against circumcision and I encourage it (as Islam does), but a botched up circumcision is something very bad, and those who suffer from it (such as myself) should take actions in order to cure it. Going through 'foreskin restoration' will solve all of these problems. And, even if I go through 'foreskin restoration', I will not be disobeying Islam in anyway, because of the 2 reasons I mentioned numerous times above; 1) 'Foreskin restoration' does not restore a 'foreskin' per se, it simply extends/expands the remaining skin, and 2) A man who goes through 'foreskin restoration' will still be considered circumcised (that cannot be changed; once you're circumcised, you're circumcised- as simple as that).

Comment

The user DarulIlm on this forum is someone who gives fatawa. So I suggest you direct your question to him.
                "And thus have We willed you to be a community of the middle way."
                (al-Baqarah: 143)

Allahumma innaa na'udhu bika min an nushrika bika shai-an na'lamuh; wa nastaghfiruka limaa laa na'lam.

Comment

This process will not be permissible.

It falls under the category of trying to find loopholes in the deen, like the jews and the sabbath.

They were commanded not to fish on the sabbath, so they laid traps for the fish to get caught in so that they aren't doing anything themselves on that particular day.

Likewise here people have been commanded with circumcision, so now to restore the part that was removed is like that, circumcising yourself without actually being circumsized.

Wallaahu A`lam.
                  "The more you know, the more you realise how little you know. The less you know, the more you think you know." - Abu Mus'ab.
                  Darul Ilm Blog
                  Darul Ilm Faceboook
                  Darul Ilm Twitter
                  Darul Ilm Google+
                  Ummah Radio Classes
                  Ummah Radio
                  Ummah Radio Youtube Channel
                  Subscribe to our Youtube channel to be informed of any new uploads.

Comment

Glad that's cleared out. :) Thanks Darul IIm.

Comment

Originally posted by toska View Post
                      The point of a circumcision is to remove foreskin so that it wouldn't cover your clans. If you are restoring it, then it defeats the whole purpose.

did you come up with this by yourself?
                      yeah maan; me have experiential knowldege you know; me getting older maan and the old dingy does not get as blingy as me would like to!!! :D:D:D

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                      X