Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

raising index finger in tashhahud, hanafis?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• raising index finger in tashhahud, hanafis?

:salams: what is the right way of raising the index finger during tashahud in salah for hanafis?

is it that you lift it up when say 'la illaha' and then you put it down when saying 'ilallah' and then clench your three other fingers? you dont clench the fingers before right? only after 'ilallah' when you put it down.

when does it go back to normal.. when ending salah?

:jkk:

also any vids will be greatly appreciated
    Last edited by iRepIslam; 24-12-14, 10:02 PM.
    The Messenger of Allah ﷺ said: “It will be said to the companion of the Qur’an: ‘Read, and ascend, and recite as you used to recite in the [previous] world, for your status will be according to the last verse that you recite.’” [At-Tirmidhi (2914) and Abu Dawood (1464)]

Re: raising index finger in tashhahud, hanafis?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yq5Nv2-ZKXA

I have found a video.. 6:15. is that correct? I thought you only clench the fist when putting the finger down. not when you raise it up aswell..
    The Messenger of Allah ﷺ said: “It will be said to the companion of the Qur’an: ‘Read, and ascend, and recite as you used to recite in the [previous] world, for your status will be according to the last verse that you recite.’” [At-Tirmidhi (2914) and Abu Dawood (1464)]

Comment

:wswrwb:

I'll send you a video of my hand doing it :insha:

And also a photo of my kitaab- it has diagrams ;)
      ⚔ Even in death may you be triumphant ⚔
      U.F Sadaqah Jariyah Project

Comment

Originally posted by Meriadoc View Post
        :wswrwb:

I'll send you a video of my hand doing it :insha:

And also a photo of my kitaab- it has diagrams ;)
        hehe thank you sisssssssssssss xxxxxxxxxxx. you is a :star:

:jkk: :love:

Comment

Raise finger at LA and lower it at ILALLAH according to hanafi madhab.
          You think you know more than my scholar's qiyās? He was more learned than you and all other scholars combined. Yeah, the devil was the greatest scholar too and look where his qiyās of fire being better than tīn got him. Sorry.

You follow your scholar's qiyās, and I will follow the Qur'ān and Sunnah.

Comment

Originally posted by Linkdeutscher View Post
            So I keep three fingers clenched when raising finger aswell, and when I lower it? When do I proceed back to normal.

Comment

Originally posted by iRepIslam View Post
              So I keep three fingers clenched when raising finger aswell, and when I lower it? When do I proceed back to normal.
              Your hand should be flat until the time to point the finger comes then make a ring with your middle finger and thumb, raise your finger at la, then lower it (i.e put it down) at illalaah and maintain this until the end (i.e the ring fist remains clenched, the ring remains, and the finger is down). Don't proceed back to normal.
              You think you know more than my scholar's qiyās? He was more learned than you and all other scholars combined. Yeah, the devil was the greatest scholar too and look where his qiyās of fire being better than tīn got him. Sorry.

You follow your scholar's qiyās, and I will follow the Qur'ān and Sunnah.

Comment

Your hand should be flat until the time to point the finger comes then make a ring with your middle finger and thumb, raise your finger at la, then lower it (i.e put it down) at illalaah and maintain this until the end (i.e the ring fist remains clenched, the ring remains, and the finger is down). Don't proceed back to normal.
                :jkk: I understand now, may Allah reward you

Comment

Where is the evidence for this please?

Comment

Originally posted by wifeseeker View Post
                    Where is the evidence for this please?
                    Check the book of salat 302

And there's a hadith by An-Nasai where it states the prophet (saw) made a ring with his middle finger and thumb.
                    Some scholars also say the finger should be up from start to end. Opinions differ on this matter
                    http://media.giphy.com/media/125pZ6JB0FVrxe/giphy.gif

Comment

I hear there are about 13 valid opinions on the finger across the 4 schools...

Comment

Originally posted by wifeseeker View Post
                        I hear there are about 13 valid opinions on the finger across the 4 schools...
                        Yes so it's possible there could be that many.
                        Certain people do it differently because of the opinions. As long as your doing it according to the opinions :insha: you're fine.
                        http://media.giphy.com/media/125pZ6JB0FVrxe/giphy.gif

Comment

Ooooh is that why you guys do it so fast. In and out in a blink.
                          Believe none of what you hear, and only half of what you see.

Comment

What about the people who do it multiple times continuously all the way to Salaam?

Comment

Originally posted by chameleon View Post
                              What about the people who do it multiple times continuously all the way to Salaam?
                              The most correct position from my view is this, some keep it steady and some move it

The basis for raising it at specific points is weak at best

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X