Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If certain Sahaba were to survive in the world today?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hassaan333
    replied
    Re: If certain Sahaba were to survive in the world today?

No my question originally was would the Sahaba - let's take Hazrat Umar RA- for example, in light of today's state of world, how would he react to events like invasion in gaza. Would he take action or would he place his trust in Allah and become indifferent to these things and just pray to Allah ?

Can we anticipate it?

Leave a comment:

• Bismil
    replied

Originally posted by Hassaan333 View Post
    I think they could've started alone but gathered supporters on they way
    Brother we already have the Quran in True form , also authentic Hadeeth , yet there is No unity, what would a sahaba do ?

The people who are simply trying to out debate each other , would be hard to convince.

I feel if sahaba was present now , he would have been utterly disappointed by the Muslims :( , making sects and defending own sects , busy in trying to prove other Muslims as kafirs and yet happy to live under man made laws.

Leave a comment:

• Bismil
    replied

:salams
    The sahabas.were charismatic personalities. They would have gathered supporters in no time... And those supporters would have been pious too.

But let's imagine they had supporters already somehow. How do you think they'd react to certain incidents?
    The charisma was because of prophet Muhammad ( pbuh ).
    It was because of his presence that the era was good.

The companions were present even before prophet was there. But nothing could be done.

You will see same changes once Imam mahdi ( as ) struggles initially and the Isa ( as ) comes back. Things would get better.

Leave a comment:

• Hassaan333
    replied

Originally posted by Bismil View Post
    The sahabas alone would not have been able to anything , unless other Muslims also shared same ideologies.

The situation of that time is much different today. Muslims no longer implement shariah laws completely.

Today people are more divided than ever. Its difficult to reconcile people. People have separated even masjids , what else can unite them ?

probably sahabas would have gone to some Muslim dominated country and tried to teach people the importance of Khilafat and the importance of not living under Kingship. Until and Unless you have some force gathered , it is not easy to do something all alone.
    I think they could've started alone but gathered supporters on they way

Leave a comment:

• Hassaan333
    replied

Originally posted by Bismil View Post
    Yes active , but he would require united Muslims to carry out his plan what ever they may be.

This is the difficulty that imam mahdi ( as ) will also face whenever he comes.
    :salams
    The sahabas.were charismatic personalities. They would have gathered supporters in no time... And those supporters would have been pious too.

But let's imagine they had supporters already somehow. How do you think they'd react to certain incidents?

Leave a comment:

• Bismil
    replied

Agreed if we can't generalize I.would want an answer relating to Hazrat Umar RA because given his personality he would have been active in doing something
    Yes active , but he would require united Muslims to carry out his plan what ever they may be.

This is the difficulty that imam mahdi ( as ) will also face whenever he comes.

Leave a comment:

• Bismil
    replied

The sahabas alone would not have been able to anything , unless other Muslims also shared same ideologies.

The situation of that time is much different today. Muslims no longer implement shariah laws completely.

Today people are more divided than ever. Its difficult to reconcile people. People have separated even masjids , what else can unite them ?

probably sahabas would have gone to some Muslim dominated country and tried to teach people the importance of Khilafat and the importance of not living under Kingship. Until and Unless you have some force gathered , it is not easy to do something all alone.

Leave a comment:

• Hassaan333
    replied

Originally posted by UmmAbdulMalik View Post
    Good post indeed.
    I agree. The Sahaba were not passive individuals, but at the same time they were wise in their actions. Many a time, Muslims in this day and age who intend on changing the state of the ummah do so without sufficient knowledge and many act upon their own misconstrued versions of the religion. I believe it's important to make a distinction acting upon the haq, and acting upon ones whims and desires.
    How can one make that distinction?

Leave a comment:

• Hassaan333
    replied

What I think is Hazrat Umar RA might have gone on to the battlefield concerning Gaza and the war.

Concerning the fitnah filled world, I think firstly he would have retired to some.place alone but sooner or later he would definitely have taken an action against that. Sort of like a campaign where you gather muslims and say ' Say no to Immodesty!'

Don't know about the last one. Is good non islamic education a necessity or its just an adornment of this world?

Leave a comment:

• Hassaan333
    replied

Originally posted by AbulUthman View Post
    Every sahabi, had a unique personality, ...
    Agreed if we can't generalize I.would want an answer relating to Hazrat Umar RA because given his personality he would have been active in doing something

Leave a comment:

• Hassaan333
    replied

Can we anticipate any of their action? Like for example If Hazrat Umar RA was alive today would he take physical action against the Israelites or would he keep calm and just verbally protest against the gaza atrocities? It's just a food for thought.

Leave a comment:

• .Singaporean
    replied

They wouldn't transgress Allah's laws.

Leave a comment:

• MoMo.
    replied

:wswrwb:

They wouldn't be sitting in Dar ul Kufr, that's for sure.

Leave a comment:

• iRepIslam
    replied

:sub: imagine ..

:love:

Leave a comment:

• علي
    replied

I've been told by a person of knowledge that if the Sahabah were alive today, many Muslims would be the first to oppose them.

Given that scholars are inheritors of the Prophets and how much abuse they get for merely following the Sunnah on certain matters (be it from secularists or people who try to be religious but have a wrong approach), I would have to agree with my good friend and teacher.

Leave a comment:

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
X