Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Islam's ruling on those who do not pray.

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Islam's ruling on those who do not pray.

    Does Islam say that those people who do not pray 5 times should be killed?

  • #2
    Re: Islam's ruling on those who do not pray.

    Originally posted by UzairAhmed View Post
    Does Islam say that those people who do not pray 5 times should be killed?
    No.

    The strongest evidence, according to the scholars I've listened to and read is that abandoning salaah is a matter of kufr akbar, because of the narrations on this matter being so serious but there is a difference of opinion on that point.

    Of the scholars who say abandoning salaah is kufr, only imam ahmad (rh) said abandoning just one salaah was kufr, and of-course such an individual should be given chance to repent to Allaah so it would only apply to those who actively refused to pray outright.
    FOLLOW THE NEW BLOG - GINGERBEARDMAN - Muslim, father, husband, writer, defender of ginger rights!

    www.facebook.com/outreach4Islam - Outreach4Islam have been working together in Leicester, calling the not yet Muslims to Islam since 2006.

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Islam's ruling on those who do not pray.

      Originally posted by UzairAhmed View Post
      Does Islam say that those people who do not pray 5 times should be killed?
      Salaam,

      Your question is very unclear to me. Are you asking whether a self-proclaim Muslim who does not pray the 5 salah should be killed? Or are you asking in general about all people who don't offer salah?

      The answer to both is the same, No. However, any Muslim who does not think salah is important has ventured into the realm of kufr. This does not permit a death sentence though.

      Christians, Jews, Hindus, (Non-Muslims), etc.... don't offer 5 salah, does that mean Muslims should kill them? I've known Muslims who didn't pray for years, that are now truly devout and repentant. Should they have been judged worthy of a death sentence while they were in error? The obvious answers to these questions is that a death sentence to such individuals on the basis of not offering the 5 salah is not permitted. There are many ayats and ahadiths to support this but simple logic suffices to answer this question.
      I am surprised at the man who searches for his lost item, while he has lost his own soul and does not search for it.

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Islam's ruling on those who do not pray.

        Originally posted by Outreach4Islam View Post
        No.

        The strongest evidence, according to the scholars I've listened to and read is that abandoning salaah is a matter of kufr akbar, because of the narrations on this matter being so serious but there is a difference of opinion on that point.

        Of the scholars who say abandoning salaah is kufr, only imam ahmad (rh) said abandoning just one salaah was kufr, and of-course such an individual should be given chance to repent to Allaah so it would only apply to those who actively refused to pray outright.
        3 of madhabs say it isn't kufr only denying the obligation of praying is kufr akbar, where as the Hanbalis i believe say it is kufr if 1 misses it deliberately...
        Allah is always watching [VIDEO]

        How To Weep For The Fear Of Allah

        Please remember to share these links with people you know so they can also benefit from them. :jkk:

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Islam's ruling on those who do not pray.

          Just a little while ago I was listening to a lecture where this was mentioned in passing. The majority opinion stated in the lecture is that the one who leaves it rejecting it as a part of Islam is killed for major kufr, as he has disbelieved in a part of the religion, while the one who purposely leaves it without this is killed as form of punishment (hadd) but it's not for apostasy. So in both cases, he is killed, but not necessarily for major kufr.

          Since I was just listening to it, it's easy for me to bring the exact spot, but it is in Arabic:

          http://youtu.be/H9TfrOI4_kw?t=9m30s
          والمبادرة إلى التكفير إنما تغلب على طباع من يغلب عليهم الجهل - ابن تيمية رحمه الله - بغية المرتاد

          "Rushing towards takfir is an attitude which is dominant over those who are defeated by ignorance." - Ibn Taymiyyah Rahimahullah [Bughyatul Murtaad, page 354]

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Islam's ruling on those who do not pray.

            Originally posted by علي View Post
            Just a little while ago I was listening to a lecture where this was mentioned in passing. The majority opinion stated in the lecture is that the one who leaves it rejecting it as a part of Islam is killed for major kufr, as he has disbelieved in a part of the religion, while the one who purposely leaves it without this is killed as form of punishment (hadd) but it's not for apostasy. So in both cases, he is killed, but not necessarily for major kufr.

            Since I was just listening to it, it's easy for me to bring the exact spot, but it is in Arabic:

            http://youtu.be/H9TfrOI4_kw?t=9m30s
            So death sentence for not praying it seems.

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Islam's ruling on those who do not pray.

              Originally posted by Serada View Post
              So death sentence for not praying it seems.
              Problem?
              والمبادرة إلى التكفير إنما تغلب على طباع من يغلب عليهم الجهل - ابن تيمية رحمه الله - بغية المرتاد

              "Rushing towards takfir is an attitude which is dominant over those who are defeated by ignorance." - Ibn Taymiyyah Rahimahullah [Bughyatul Murtaad, page 354]

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Islam's ruling on those who do not pray.

                Originally posted by WayBindow View Post
                Salaam,

                Your question is very unclear to me. Are you asking whether a self-proclaim Muslim who does not pray the 5 salah should be killed? Or are you asking in general about all people who don't offer salah?

                The answer to both is the same, No. However, any Muslim who does not think salah is important has ventured into the realm of kufr. This does not permit a death sentence though.

                Christians, Jews, Hindus, (Non-Muslims), etc.... don't offer 5 salah, does that mean Muslims should kill them? I've known Muslims who didn't pray for years, that are now truly devout and repentant. Should they have been judged worthy of a death sentence while they were in error? The obvious answers to these questions is that a death sentence to such individuals on the basis of not offering the 5 salah is not permitted. There are many ayats and ahadiths to support this but simple logic suffices to answer this question.
                I call my self Muslim and i believe in Alllah,Prophets and Quran but the problem is that i don't pray 5 times because i feel lazy. I was watching a video in which a guy told that ISIS, Taliban etc. are following Islam and he told that All the four School of thoughts say that we should kill those people who don't pray 5 times thats why ISIS, Taliban etc. kill Muslims.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: Islam's ruling on those who do not pray.

                  Originally posted by علي View Post
                  Problem?
                  Do you really want to give a death sentence to those Muslims who do not pray, might be a bit lazy, or just gotten busy, or for whatever reason?

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: Islam's ruling on those who do not pray.

                    Originally posted by Serada View Post
                    Do you really want to give a death sentence to those Muslims who do not pray, might be a bit lazy, or just gotten busy, or for whatever reason?
                    When will you people learn that really we do not have a say in these matters? It's completely useless asking me what I want. Also don't take things on such a primitive level, Muslims are not eager to off one another, people who fall into these sins are given ample chance to repent and return before it reaches that level. I can't imagine any normal Muslim who intends some good would persist.

                    Plus there is getting lazy, then there is leaving prayer, period. We're talking about the person who has, in general, left prayer. It's not just someone who got lazy, overslept, or had circumstances. Depending on those cases, he may be sinful or be completely excused, but if he prays in general he can't possibly be considered a person who has left prayer.
                    والمبادرة إلى التكفير إنما تغلب على طباع من يغلب عليهم الجهل - ابن تيمية رحمه الله - بغية المرتاد

                    "Rushing towards takfir is an attitude which is dominant over those who are defeated by ignorance." - Ibn Taymiyyah Rahimahullah [Bughyatul Murtaad, page 354]

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: Islam's ruling on those who do not pray.

                      Originally posted by UzairAhmed View Post
                      I call my self Muslim and i believe in Alllah,Prophets and Quran but the problem is that i don't pray 5 times because i feel lazy. I was watching a video in which a guy told that ISIS, Taliban etc. are following Islam and he told that All the four School of thoughts say that we should kill those people who don't pray 5 times thats why ISIS, Taliban etc. kill Muslims.
                      It is the majority opinion but that's not why ISIS kills Muslims. Prayer has little to do with that, they kill Muslims because they accuse them (wrongly or otherwise) of either siding with the kuffar or not ruling with shari`ah, which is auto-kufr to ISIS, no questions asked. That is of course completely wrong, but the point is it's not because of prayer, in general. They might have carried out the hadd on someone, but that has nothing to do with the vast majority of cases where they've killed Muslims.
                      والمبادرة إلى التكفير إنما تغلب على طباع من يغلب عليهم الجهل - ابن تيمية رحمه الله - بغية المرتاد

                      "Rushing towards takfir is an attitude which is dominant over those who are defeated by ignorance." - Ibn Taymiyyah Rahimahullah [Bughyatul Murtaad, page 354]

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: Islam's ruling on those who do not pray.

                        Majority opinion, it seems there are Muslim scholars that disagree. You could choose that path and not on the side of death.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: Islam's ruling on those who do not pray.

                          Originally posted by Serada View Post
                          Majority opinion, it seems there are Muslim scholars that disagree. You could choose that path and not on the side of death.
                          What if the evidence made Islam's position crystal clear to me? I'm a Muslim, it means I'm following what I believe Islam genuinely says. I hope you realize that following other than this would mean I'm not following Islam anymore, but my own desires despite my conviction.

                          Also note, there's no difference of opinion on the person who outright rejects it. It's on the one who doesn't do it but believes it to be a part of Islam never the less.
                          والمبادرة إلى التكفير إنما تغلب على طباع من يغلب عليهم الجهل - ابن تيمية رحمه الله - بغية المرتاد

                          "Rushing towards takfir is an attitude which is dominant over those who are defeated by ignorance." - Ibn Taymiyyah Rahimahullah [Bughyatul Murtaad, page 354]

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: Islam's ruling on those who do not pray.

                            Originally posted by علي View Post
                            What if the evidence made Islam's position crystal clear to me? I'm a Muslim, it means I'm following what I believe Islam genuinely says. I hope you realize that following other than this would mean I'm not following Islam anymore, but my own desires despite my conviction.

                            Also note, there's no difference of opinion on the person who outright rejects it. It's on the one who doesn't do it but believes it to be a part of Islam never the less.
                            So those Muslim scholars on the minority opinion are not following Islam, does that mean they should be killed to? Serious question.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: Islam's ruling on those who do not pray.

                              Originally posted by Serada View Post
                              So those Muslim scholars on the minority opinion are not following Islam, does that mean they should be killed to? Serious question.
                              Is this going to turn into a reading comprehension lesson? Because when things get this bad, I start to suspect trolling. I clearly did not say that.

                              No, the minority obviously have a different opinion they are convinced of, and that is the benefit of the doubt they will certainly be afforded. If I do not have that same conviction and see that the evidence against it is overwhelming, obviously I'm not going to share in their conviction. It has nothing to do with them being Muslim or not, and believe me, I'm sure a lot of them if they did not hold this opinion on this matter, may hold an opinion on the death penalty in another matter you will not approve of.

                              This is because the genuine scholar doesn't follow his desires, if a genuine scholar says he does not believe it deserves the death penalty it is because he is convinced in this matter. It is not because "for he didst not follow... the path... of death."
                              والمبادرة إلى التكفير إنما تغلب على طباع من يغلب عليهم الجهل - ابن تيمية رحمه الله - بغية المرتاد

                              "Rushing towards takfir is an attitude which is dominant over those who are defeated by ignorance." - Ibn Taymiyyah Rahimahullah [Bughyatul Murtaad, page 354]

                              Comment

                              Collapse

                              Edit this module to specify a template to display.

                              Working...
                              X