replied
    Re: befriending non muslims?

:salams

The Fiqh of Muslim Non-Muslim Interaction: A Detailed Explanation

Leave a comment:

• aries
    replied

but can we just be casual friends and not close friends like we occasionnaly hang around togethor?

Leave a comment:

• UzairAhmed
    replied

Before I proceed to my article, I want to clarify what I mean by the word "friend".

Is this article going to argue that Muslims could be friends with disbelievers? The answer to that would be a yes and a no. It all depends on what you mean by the word "friend".

Can I be friends with the disbeliever in the sense that he is not my enemy (as a war combatant let's say) and that I can hold peace treaties with him? The answer to that is a yes.

Can I be friends with the disbeliever in the sense that I can hang around with him by going out for dinner, picnics, etc. and be his close companion? The answer to that is a no, except under certain conditions. However, this is not something that is discriminatory to disbelievers. It can also be applied to Muslims as well.
    READ FULL AT
    http://www.call-to-monotheism.com/can_muslims_befriend_the_disbelievers_

Leave a comment:

• aries
    started a topic befriending non muslims?

befriending non muslims?

ok so I am confused, is just being very close friends with non muslims prohibited or being any kinds of friends with them prohibited?

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
X