befriending non muslims?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• befriending non muslims?

ok so I am confused, is just being very close friends with non muslims prohibited or being any kinds of friends with them prohibited?

Re: befriending non muslims?

Before I proceed to my article, I want to clarify what I mean by the word "friend".

Is this article going to argue that Muslims could be friends with disbelievers? The answer to that would be a yes and a no. It all depends on what you mean by the word "friend".

Can I be friends with the disbeliever in the sense that he is not my enemy (as a war combatant let's say) and that I can hold peace treaties with him? The answer to that is a yes.

Can I be friends with the disbeliever in the sense that I can hang around with him by going out for dinner, picnics, etc. and be his close companion? The answer to that is a no, except under certain conditions. However, this is not something that is discriminatory to disbelievers. It can also be applied to Muslims as well.
    READ FULL AT
    http://www.call-to-monotheism.com/can_muslims_befriend_the_disbelievers_

Comment

but can we just be casual friends and not close friends like we occasionnaly hang around togethor?

Comment

:salams

The Fiqh of Muslim Non-Muslim Interaction: A Detailed Explanation
        Secure few moments, everyday, to reflect upon the innumerable blessings of Allah and thank Him for bestowing them upon you.

"A person who is blessed with the ability to be grateful, shall never be deprived of barakah and increase in blessings."
        - Rasulullah (صلی اللہ علیہ وسلم)‎

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
        X