Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does Islam regard non-Muslims with mercy and compassion?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does Islam regard non-Muslims with mercy and compassion?

Re: Does Islam regard non-Muslims with mercy and compassion?

I have a question.

Although we treat non-Muslims fairly, where would we stand in regards to their beleifs of poltheism etc. when they go against Islam?

So would I treat them with the same base kindness of humans but attempt as sincerely where applicable to challenge their beleifs with da'wah? After all, I don't want to say I respect religions that preach against Islam. So do we respect their belief as humans to take faith as they do and try to convince them to join Islam whilst diagreeing with polytheism etc.?
    I write novels for posts. Beware. :mujahida:

Ummah Forum seems pretty black and white. Was thinking of offering Skittles as Dawah to introduce a rainbow.

Comment

Originally posted by Constant Hope View Post
      I have a question.

Although we treat non-Muslims fairly, where would we stand in regards to their beleifs of poltheism etc. when they go against Islam?

So would I treat them with the same base kindness of humans but attempt as sincerely where applicable to challenge their beleifs with da'wah? After all, I don't want to say I respect religions that preach against Islam. So do we respect their belief as humans to take faith as they do and try to convince them to join Islam whilst diagreeing with polytheism etc.?
      We should respect their beliefs as long as we can do our practices wihtout any problems. Hence why there is a system called Jizyah in an Islamic Caliphate where the Dhimmi pays this tax so that they are protected by the Caliphate from any discrimination and they can basically live their life.

Comment

Originally posted by ibn_maymunah View Post
        We should respect their beliefs as long as we can do our practices wihtout any problems. Hence why there is a system called Jizyah in an Islamic Caliphate where the Dhimmi pays this tax so that they are protected by the Caliphate from any discrimination and they can basically live their life.
        Thanks, but not quite what I asked. It's regarding respecting the beleifs of other people and the faith they take.

I know about jizyah and it only applies to People of the Book.
        I write novels for posts. Beware. :mujahida:

Ummah Forum seems pretty black and white. Was thinking of offering Skittles as Dawah to introduce a rainbow.

Comment

Originally posted by Constant Hope View Post
          Thanks, but not quite what I asked. It's regarding respecting the beleifs of other people and the faith they take.

I know about jizyah and it only applies to People of the Book.
          I mean this is the concept, so generally speaking a disbeliever who is not an enemy to Islam shouldn't be treated unjustly.

And not only to them, including the Zoroastrians

Comment

this OP must be copied of a dahwah site, all "non muslims" and no "kaffir/kuffar" lol.

There are two kinds of pride, both good and bad. 'Good pride' represents our dignity and self-respect. 'Bad pride' is the deadly sin of superiority that reeks of conceit and arrogance.

Comment

Originally posted by SILURES View Post
              this OP must be copied of a dahwah site, all "non muslims" and no "kaffir/kuffar" lol.
              so it is an issue? they are words from Allah AJ words from gold from the Quran though concerning your post try to say just I am here! we know every time some worthy lines are written in this forum, I noticed you intervene with different opinion but you are free to do so this is what worth the debate though this is our noble religion Islam,
              I can see after 15,584 post in this forum and what a shame sill calling yourself Kaffir, things may happen one day without your will! remember we do not chose to come to this life but we can still choose to go either to Hell or Paradise with Allah Will

for your info this is the website without lol...

http://islamqa.info/en/128862
              Last edited by BENTALHA; 22-12-14, 10:50 PM.

Comment

Praised be To Allah, Lord of the Worlds, The Supreme Being,The Ever-Living.

Prophet Muhammad Never fight people unless it was concerning his religion. If others believe in something else then respect their views, treat them kindly.

now If I approached a person who drinks alcohol in general or does haram stuff in general and start to preach my deen unto him he will get bored and will probably not listen to me.

If I treat this person with best manners and best attitude one day this guy might say "Hey why is this guy so nice so respectful to me, Let me look into his deen" Allahu Alim.

Allah says theres no compulsory in religion,

Allah says it is up to Allah to guide those whom he wills unto him.

We can only have Sabr and wait for Allah to give us an opportunity to talk about our deen and its beauty.

I love the Dawah brothers are doing on the streets, May Allah Reward Them, people are just coming up and asking question theyre not forcing anyone to listen to them or bad mouthing any other religion.

Theyre just reminding about the Lord of the Worlds Allah.

So just because the guy is doing Haram but he is no way intending to cause any Harm to my religion, All I can do is respect them and treat them in best way like the All Mighty tells us in his Quran. I cannot see myself superior over that guy and think I am better because Allah has guided me, Maybe he will guide that brother just before death? Every soul is from Allah remember. My Dear brothers and Sisters. if we hurt a soul you know who we hurt..

Allahu Alim.

Prophet Muhammad has said "Stick to the Rope of Allah (Quran).

JazakAllah for post bentalha
                Allahu Alim

As Salamun Alaykum Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakatuhu
                "And man supplicates for evil as he supplicates for good, and man is ever hasty." Quran Al-Isra 17:11

Comment

Originally posted by BENTALHA View Post
                  so it is an issue? they are words from Allah AJ words from gold from the Quran though concerning your post try to say just I am here! we know every time some worthy lines are written in this forum, I noticed you intervene with different opinion but you are free to do so this is what worth the debate though this is our noble religion Islam,
                  I can see after 15,584 post in this forum and what a shame sill calling yourself Kaffir, things may happen one day without your will! remember we do not chose to come to this life but we can still choose to go either to Hell or Paradise with Allah Will

for your info this is the website without lol...

http://islamqa.info/en/128862
                  benny your reading to much into my post. i just thought it was funny.

i "intervene" because i may have an opinion on the subject being spoken about and as a member of the forum i belive im entitled to do so. but for this thread i havent made an opinion on the content (as in agreeing or dissagreeing) just on the way its written.

There are two kinds of pride, both good and bad. 'Good pride' represents our dignity and self-respect. 'Bad pride' is the deadly sin of superiority that reeks of conceit and arrogance.

Comment

Did I miss something? Kaffir/kuffar are Arabic terms. Do you find those words offensive?

Comment

Originally posted by Serein View Post
                      Did I miss something? Kaffir/kuffar are Arabic terms. Do you find those words offensive?

no but when ever ive read anything like this its kaffir, kaffir, kaffir all the time hardly ever non muslim is used.

nothing else was meant, just forund it amusing.

Comment

no but when ever ive read anything like this its kaffir, kaffir, kaffir all the time hardly ever non muslim is used.

nothing else was meant, just forund it amusing.
                        It's still going right over my head man. It sounds like you have a problem with the word kaffir and I'm not sure why.

Comment

Originally posted by Serein View Post
                          It's still going right over my head man. It sounds like you have a problem with the word kaffir and I'm not sure why.
                          Figure it this way: If the OP title was "Does Islam regard the Kafr with mercy and compassion?", the content would likely be in the negative.

So yeah, some of us non-Muslims have a problem with the word Kuffar. The author obviously knew this to be true, and avoided the word less he offend some of those which this Dawah is intended, non-Muslims.

~Bub
                          From the Many, One

Comment

Originally posted by BubbleGum View Post
                            Figure it this way: If the OP title was "Does Islam regard the Kafr with mercy and compassion?", the content would likely be in the negative.

So yeah, some of us non-Muslims have a problem with the word Kuffar. The author obviously knew this to be true, and avoided the word less he offend some of those which this Dawah is intended, non-Muslims.

~Bub
                            Do you also have a problem with the word 'Allah'? What about 'Muslim'? Islam? InshaAllah? Alhamdulillah? etc etc etc?

Comment

Originally posted by BubbleGum View Post

~Bub
                              Hey Bub, how are you?

I'm still not getting it. Is it the strong K in Kaffir that's upsetting? You've been here for over 10 years, when people have called you a kaffir what was their tone like? Harsh?

A kaffir is what you are. It's like getting mad if someone told you the sky is blue. Now if someone said the sky is blue and you're going to hell that would be different.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X