Islam by example?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Islam by example?

I was discussing Islam with someone and he raised a question. He liked the teachings of Islam, charity, justice and respect for women but he asked for the examples from the real world. He said what good is the final religion from God if it failed to improve the condition of its followers. Muslims can't settle on any issue peacefully. They will never agree on a central leadership and will keep dividing.

If we look at the Muslim world it's literally a mess. Not a single Muslim state can by called an ideal one. I tried to give example of Khulafa Rashidin but he told me that 3 of the first caliphs were assasinated and their murderers were not Kuffar but the Muslims.

Even when Muslim world was growing geographically, at the same time there were conspiracies, assassinations and civil wars.

Now new groups emerge regularly and ignite new hope but after some time with their actions they give Islam bad name and divide the ummah further.

Is there any Islamic regime that we can present as an example? If there is none do you see any hope in the future?

Re: Islam by example?

All I can say is the more they try to annihilate Islam the more stronger it emerges. Allah will keep His religion safe until youmul Qiyamah, so, we all know that when Nabi Isa (A.S.) comes down then Islam will flourish at a great pace.

Hope others can give more insight to answer your questions.

Hadhrat Ali (Radiallahu anhu)

Comment

The ummah is weak, always has been. The quran tells us the momineen are few in number. And always will be, it's an exclusive title for the truly worthy. Yes there is hope, for without hope is to sin.

Comment

Those who follow Allah's religion completely and correctly, they don't hold fights with each other proving there is no fault in religion. Those who don't follow it correctly and mix it together with their lies to satisfy their ego then clearly unity will not be preserved. In short, its not Allah's or His religion's fault ummah is in a downfall.
        There are gems to be discovered in Quran.

Recite :saw: when you read this sentence.

Comment

Originally posted by UFM View Post
          The ummah is weak, always has been. The quran tells us the momineen are few in number. And always will be, it's an exclusive title for the truly worthy. Yes there is hope, for without hope is to sin.
          First part of your statement implies that there is no hope, then you say that it's a sin to lose hope? What should we do then?

BTW who are the true momineen today? Please don't tell me their characteristics, point to the actual group of people.

Recently I have been studying Islamic history (not sugar coated one) with all the fighting between Ummayads and Abassids etc and I wonder, was there ever anything called Muslim Ummah?

Comment

Originally posted by Hassaan333 View Post
            Those who follow Allah's religion completely and correctly, they don't hold fights with each other proving there is no fault in religion. Those who don't follow it correctly and mix it together with their lies to satisfy their ego then clearly unity will not be preserved. In short, its not Allah's or His religion's fault ummah is in a downfall.
            Any example of such people today? any group?

Comment

Umar was one of the 3 caliphs and he was killed by a non Muslim, not a Muslim.

Comment

Originally posted by Mujahid4ever View Post
                Any example of such people today? any group?
                Brother only Allah knows what's in the hearts but in ny view as an individual late dr. Israr ahmed was an example of a really good muslim.
                There are gems to be discovered in Quran.

Recite :saw: when you read this sentence.

Comment

First part of your statement implies that there is no hope, then you say that it's a sin to lose hope? What should we do then?

BTW who are the true momineen today? Please don't tell me their characteristics, point to the actual group of people.

Recently I have been studying Islamic history (not sugar coated one) with all the fighting between Ummayads and Abassids etc and I wonder, was there ever anything called Muslim Ummah?
                  Ummah being weak does not imply there is no hope, merely just that it's weak which means that there is the potential to be strong. Your interpretation of my statement is skewed.

The momineen are those that fulfil the attributes and characteristics, according to quran and sunnah. Since you don't want to know that, I won't bother.

they are not a group in the sense like a cult or a community or a nation. In these days you'll be lucky to find a group of them together.

Ummah simply means community or nation, so yes there was and is a Muslim ummah.

Comment

Originally posted by UFM View Post
                    Ummah being weak does not imply there is no hope, merely just that it's weak which means that there is the potential to be strong. Your interpretation of my statement is skewed.

The momineen are those that fulfil the attributes and characteristics, according to quran and sunnah. Since you don't want to know that, I won't bother.

they are not a group in the sense like a cult or a community or a nation. In these days you'll be lucky to find a group of them together.

Ummah simply means community or nation, so yes there was and is a Muslim ummah.
                    I'm sorry If I made it sound like I'm not interested in the characteristics of Maumineen. But this thread is about the examples from the real world we live in.

Comment

I'm sorry If I made it sound like I'm not interested in the characteristics of Maumineen. But this thread is about the examples from the real world we live in.
                      No need for an apology.

I don't think there is a single islamic regime today that follows shariah and shows how to live as an example by Islam . yes there is hope because the Mahdi will arrive one day to bring peace and order. But it would be nice if some islamic state actually had the proper ideals being practiced by it according to Islam.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                      X