• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Muslimah1436
    replied
    Re: Determining the direction for prayer

Originally posted by Uthman Ibn Afan View Post
    Another way if you live in England is satellite dishes, just look outside on your street which way the Sky dishes are facing. They have to point south-east to get signal.
    Wow, I didn't know that.

Thank you for explaining, it makes more sense than before. I'll try it out and see how it goes. :jkk:

Leave a comment:

• Uthman Ibn Afan
    replied

Another way if you live in England is satellite dishes, just look outside on your street which way the Sky dishes are facing. They have to point south-east to get signal.

Leave a comment:

• Uthman Ibn Afan
    replied

Wa'alaykum salaam wa rahmatullah

I dont trust those apps. I tried a few and each would give a different direction.

If you got a normal compass then first you need to know what direction the qibla is from your location. E.g. from England it is south-east. Put the compass on a flat surface away from anything magnetic and it will point north. Going clockwise from north, the directions are east, south and west. South is directly opposite north. South-east is half way in between east and south. That will be the qibla.

If you have one of those qibla compasses, then they come with a little booklet that have a number against every major city. Find the number for the closest city to you. Again have the compass on a flat surface and turn it so the north arrow points toward the number for that city, and then at that point the qibla arrow would point towards the qibla.

Hope that makes sense.

Leave a comment:

• Muslimah1436
    started a topic Determining the direction for prayer

Determining the direction for prayer

As salaamu 'alaykum all

I have two questions that I'm hoping someone here can answer:

1. Is there a reliable app that we can download on our phones to determine the direction of the Qibla?
    2. How do we use a compass when figuring out which way to pray? I find compasses incredibly confusing.

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
X