Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i am really bewildered

sisters and brothers I am really confused and I feel extremely stupid
    the reason are that everyone is talking about shias, Sufis and about other sectors of Islam but I don't know anything about them, since I was little all I knew was that muslims were one (sunni) then I found out that there is another sector (shia). nonetheless I believed that we were the same but apparently that is not the case.

can you pleases answer these questions and since I am stupid please make it simple and short :)

How many sectors are there in Islam and what do the sufi and shia believe ?
    is it true that some shia muslims insult some of the companions (sahaba)
    and most importantly what are the core beliefts of shia muslims

I could do my own research but some of the sources are untrustworthy plus I have intelligent people on the forum to help me out

thank you so much :aku_wsalam:
    Ya Allah,
    Make me a stronger person today. Make me a better person out of all these. It is no longer bearable for me for my heart is aching and You are the only One who knows how I feel. Nothing is making sense to myself and for anyone else for that matter especially to the one person I wish to understand me better than anybody else.
    "Don't use the sharpness of your tongue on the mother who taught you how to speak

Re: i am really bewildered

Originally posted by Hanasaeed View Post

sisters and brothers I am really confused and I feel extremely stupid
    the reason are that everyone is talking about shias, Sufis and about other sectors of Islam but I don't know anything about them, since I was little all I knew was that muslims were one (sunni) then I found out that there is another sector (shia). nonetheless I believed that we were the same but apparently that is not the case.

can you pleases answer these questions and since I am stupid please make it simple and short :)

How many sectors are there in Islam and what do the sufi and shia believe ?
    Wa'alaykumsalam,

There are many many many sects.

Shia is a sect whereas 'Sufi' is not.

Tasawwuf is the arabic word for sufi, it is just a concept within Ahl Sunnah Wal Jama'ah (Sunni) followed my majority of the Ahl Sunnah scholars. Tasawwuf basically consists of dedication to worship, total dedication to Allah Most High, disregard for the finery and ornament of the world, abstinence from the pleasure, wealth, and prestige sought by most men, purifying the heart, increase the Love for Allah and retiring from others to worship alone. In other words, its called 'Ihsan(perfection of faith)' and not just developing 'Iman(faith)'.

Originally posted by Hanasaeed View Post
    is it true that some shia muslims insult some of the companions (sahaba)
    and most importantly what are the core beliefts of shia muslims
    Yes they do. Not only the sahabas but even the wives of our Prophet. The only thing similar between us and them is that, we have the same Quran. But regarding hadith, they have a whole different collections which we consider as mostly weak and fabricated.
    Last edited by I See You; 20-12-14, 09:12 AM.

Comment

Re: i am really bewildered

Shia's also commit several accounts of Kufr by Attributing their Imaams and elevating them above the Anbiya (alayhi wa salaam)

in addition to Practicing Filth such as Temporary "Marriages" known as Mutah which is Explicitly Forbidden in Authentic Ahadith

Nauzubillah min zaliq
      http://www.ilovepalestine.com/campai...imesinGaza.gif

"It does not befit the lion to answer the dogs."

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
      X