Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Some questions (Take no offense!)

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Some questions (Take no offense!)

    Hello!

    This is my first post and I created an account because I have some questions that I want answered or explained sort of. Before I ask my questions I just want to say that you should take no offense by them, I am by no means throwing sh*t at Islam and I am a believer myself however I find somethings to be hard to understand. This will be no means be just a simple question that you can answer, I will have several questions and you will have to read some sources to be able to answer my questions I supose.

    First of all, please take a look at this link *************************************quran/025-muhammads-sex-life.htm , why would he do something like this? If it is not true then where is the evidence that contradicts the link? It is understandable that they are now painting the story negatively however, my question, is did he take that 9year old girl and how is that justifiable?

    Alot of people say that Islam leads to violence. I tend to agree even though I am a muslim myself. How come that "muslims" utilize violence in gods name? I supose that ISIS is a severe case here.

    I will probably ask more questions later because I debate alot with people about religion. I know I am a bad writer so if you didn't understand anything feel free to ask.

    Regards!

  • #2
    Re: Some questions (Take no offense!)

    Marriage at a young age was the social norm at the time, and ISIS is not completely following Islam properly

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Some questions (Take no offense!)

      A woman isn't something you can bargain with, how can a nine year old protest, surely the prophet must have some sense I supose, he have over a billion followers. Also, 11 wives? Isn't the edge 4? and also why can't the same thing apply for women? No offense I need explanatory answers not brief once. I guess what I am looking for is somebody trying to convince me telling me why things are as they are rather than stating the facts.

      And once again, this sounds negative but I am only looking to understand things that I properly do not.

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Some questions (Take no offense!)

        Originally posted by dquraan96 View Post
        A woman isn't something you can bargain with, how can a nine year old protest, surely the prophet must have some sense I supose, he have over a billion followers. Also, 11 wives? Isn't the edge 4? and also why can't the same thing apply for women? No offense I need explanatory answers not brief once.
        No offense taken, I don't think the prophet had 11 wives at the same time I think they were all at different times. I think he proposed and she accepted, because he was the prophet. And women don't marry many men because Allah does not allow us too. Sorry, about the marriage thing I don't have a lot of knowledge about the prophets marriage

        Comment


        • #5
          Some questions (Take no offense!)

          Why are you taking info from anti-Islam sites if you're a Muslim?
          اللهُمَّ أَعِزَّ الإِسْلامَ وَالمُسْلِمِينَ

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Some questions (Take no offense!)

            Originally posted by dquraan96 View Post
            Hello!

            This is my first post and I created an account because I have some questions that I want answered or explained sort of. Before I ask my questions I just want to say that you should take no offense by them, I am by no means throwing sh*t at Islam and I am a believer myself however I find somethings to be hard to understand. This will be no means be just a simple question that you can answer, I will have several questions and you will have to read some sources to be able to answer my questions I supose.

            First of all, please take a look at this link *************************************quran/025-muhammads-sex-life.htm , why would he do something like this? If it is not true then where is the evidence that contradicts the link? It is understandable that they are now painting the story negatively however, my question, is did he take that 9year old girl and how is that justifiable?

            Alot of people say that Islam leads to violence. I tend to agree even though I am a muslim myself. How come that "muslims" utilize violence in gods name? I supose that ISIS is a severe case here.

            I will probably ask more questions later because I debate alot with people about religion. I know I am a bad writer so if you didn't understand anything feel free to ask.

            Regards!
            This was a question I wanted answered before I reverted to Islam as well.

            Addressing Muhammad (PBUH)'s Marriage to Aisha: http://youtu.be/StISnUEVkaM

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Some questions (Take no offense!)

              Because you should also look at the criticism of Islam, that is not the same as accepting everything you read. If anything on the website is wrong then tell me and then direct me to the evidence that contradicts the website, that is why I referred you guys to the website. However, just because a non-believer writes that doesn't mean it isn't true. He also referrs back to the suras in the quraan and the chapters in the hadith.

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Some questions (Take no offense!)

                Originally posted by dquraan96 View Post
                A woman isn't something you can bargain with, how can a nine year old protest, surely the prophet must have some sense I supose, he have over a billion followers. Also, 11 wives? Isn't the edge 4? and also why can't the same thing apply for women? No offense I need explanatory answers not brief once. I guess what I am looking for is somebody trying to convince me telling me why things are as they are rather than stating the facts.

                And once again, this sounds negative but I am only looking to understand things that I properly do not.
                :salams

                Prophet :saw: marriage to Aisha (RA) at age 9 was something Allah decreed for the Prophet :saw: It was a decision made by Allah himself to marry Aisha (RA) to the Prophet :saw: Marrying a young girl at that time was not something unusual, by the way.

                As for 11 wives, Prophet :saw: was allowed to have more than 4 wives. However, this is only for him and not for other Muslim men.

                And women are not allowed to have more than 1 husband because Islam protects the lineage of people. It's not only disgusting one woman being in a physical relationship with multiple men, but it also prevents one from knowing whose children belong to whom. Regardless, most importantly Allah has forbidden this and that is sufficient for us to know.

                Lastly, please stay away from anti-Islam website. They are filled with misinformation and filthy accusations against Islam.
                Secure few moments, everyday, to reflect upon the innumerable blessings of Allah and thank Him for bestowing them upon you.

                "A person who is blessed with the ability to be grateful, shall never be deprived of barakah and increase in blessings."
                - Rasulullah (صلی اللہ علیہ وسلم)‎

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: Some questions (Take no offense!)

                  Originally posted by dquraan96 View Post
                  Because you should also look at the criticism of Islam, that is not the same as accepting everything you read. If anything on the website is wrong then tell me and then direct me to the evidence that contradicts the website, that is why I referred you guys to the website. However, just because a non-believer writes that doesn't mean it isn't true. He also referrs back to the suras in the quraan and the chapters in the hadith.
                  Not everyone is qualified to interpret Surah and Hadiths. It's best for you to stay away from these sites.

                  If you are a new Muslim, focus on learning Islam from those who know Islam, not from these hate sites on the internet. It's waste of your time and danger to your imaan.
                  Secure few moments, everyday, to reflect upon the innumerable blessings of Allah and thank Him for bestowing them upon you.

                  "A person who is blessed with the ability to be grateful, shall never be deprived of barakah and increase in blessings."
                  - Rasulullah (صلی اللہ علیہ وسلم)‎

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: Some questions (Take no offense!)

                    Originally posted by .mirror. View Post
                    :salams

                    Prophet :saw: marriage to Aisha (RA) at age 9 was something Allah decreed for the Prophet :saw: It was a decision made by Allah himself to marry Aisha (RA) to the Prophet :saw: Marrying a young girl at that time was not something unusual, by the way.

                    As for 11 wives, Prophet :saw: was allowed to have more than 4 wives. However, this is only for him and not for other Muslim men.

                    And women are not allowed to have more than 1 husband because Islam protects the lineage of people. It's not only disgusting one woman being in a physical relationship with multiple men, but it also prevents one from knowing whose children belong to whom. Regardless, most importantly Allah has forbidden this and that is sufficient for us to know.

                    Lastly, please stay away from anti-Islam website. They are filled with misinformation and filthy accusations against Islam.
                    That's opinion. The same could be said for men so... Not trying to justify it though

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: Some questions (Take no offense!)

                      Originally posted by newmuslimguy View Post
                      This was a question I wanted answered before I reverted to Islam as well.

                      Addressing Muhammad (PBUH)'s Marriage to Aisha: http://youtu.be/StISnUEVkaM
                      Interesting, however they talked about 14year old guys marrying 13 year old girls, not a man of 50 years age.


                      Originally posted by .mirror. View Post
                      :salams

                      Prophet :saw: marriage to Aisha (RA) at age 9 was something Allah decreed for the Prophet :saw: It was a decision made by Allah himself to marry Aisha (RA) to the Prophet :saw: Marrying a young girl at that time was not something unusual, by the way.

                      As for 11 wives, Prophet :saw: was allowed to have more than 4 wives. However, this is only for him and not for other Muslim men.

                      And women are not allowed to have more than 1 husband because Islam protects the lineage of people. It's not only disgusting one woman being in a physical relationship with multiple men, but it also prevents one from knowing whose children belong to whom. Regardless, most importantly Allah has forbidden this and that is sufficient for us to know.

                      Lastly, please stay away from anti-Islam website. They are filled with misinformation and filthy accusations against Islam.
                      Ok so practically he commanded him to marry her, why would he do that? I won't even comment on having more wives that just won't go into my head, Also why is it disgusting that a woman is with more than one man when the opposite doesn't apply? And I don't see why people want me to stay away from anti islamic websites, I mean if they are true they are true? There are things that we don't like however that doesn't mean that we shouldn't adress them. I know you all just mean well but when people ask me theese questions I want to be able to answer them. You need to be able to stand up for what you believe in.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: Some questions (Take no offense!)

                        Originally posted by dquraan96 View Post
                        Interesting, however they talked about 14year old guys marrying 13 year old girls, not a man of 50 years age.
                        That's what they talked about; however, it is also perfectly legal for a 100 year old man to marry a 14 year old girl in America in 2014. You're talking about 1400 years ago when times were very different. Of choose nowadays you wouldn't be able to marry a woman that young, but Islam does not command women that young to be marked, they have the choice. Additionally, he brings up a great point when he says even the worst enemies of the prophet pbuh did not use this against him because everyone at the time did it. I understand how 1400 years later it could be hard for you to understand such an old culture, but that's just how it was at the time

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: Some questions (Take no offense!)

                          Originally posted by dquraan96 View Post
                          Interesting, however they talked about 14year old guys marrying 13 year old girls, not a man of 50 years age.




                          Ok so practically he commanded him to marry her, why would he do that? I won't even comment on having more wives that just won't go into my head, Also why is it disgusting that a woman is with more than one man when the opposite doesn't apply? And I don't see why people want me to stay away from anti islamic websites, I mean if they are true they are true? There are things that we don't like however that doesn't mean that we shouldn't adress them. I know you all just mean well but when people ask me theese questions I want to be able to answer them. You need to be able to stand up for what you believe in.
                          NO they are not true. They are twisted facts trying to defame Islam and anyone with little understand of Islam will easily be fooled by these sites.

                          Anyone who is new to Islam or doesn't know much about Islam should stay away from these sites. Instead, put time on going to sites which teaches you about Islam which is written by reliable scholars :insha:
                          Secure few moments, everyday, to reflect upon the innumerable blessings of Allah and thank Him for bestowing them upon you.

                          "A person who is blessed with the ability to be grateful, shall never be deprived of barakah and increase in blessings."
                          - Rasulullah (صلی اللہ علیہ وسلم)‎

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: Some questions (Take no offense!)

                            Originally posted by dquraan96 View Post
                            Interesting, however they talked about 14year old guys marrying 13 year old girls, not a man of 50 years age.




                            Ok so practically he commanded him to marry her, why would he do that? I won't even comment on having more wives that just won't go into my head, Also why is it disgusting that a woman is with more than one man when the opposite doesn't apply? And I don't see why people want me to stay away from anti islamic websites, I mean if they are true they are true? There are things that we don't like however that doesn't mean that we shouldn't adress them. I know you all just mean well but when people ask me theese questions I want to be able to answer them. You need to be able to stand up for what you believe in.
                            When your faith is strong(I think) you will be able to go on these sights and refute all the points, but if you don't have strong faith you cant

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: Some questions (Take no offense!)

                              Something on girls marrying young:

                              For many noble-born or royal women, marriage could and often did take place at a young age. There are many instances or very young girls being betrothed and married under the age of 10 years old. This did not necessarily mean that the marriage was consummated.


                              • Agnes of France was 12yo when, widowed, she was married to Andronicus Comnenus, Byzantine Emperor (1182).
                              • St Elizabeth of Portugal was aged 12yo when she was married to King Denis of Portugal and gave birth to three children shortly thereafter.
                              • Caterina Sforza was betrothed aged 9yo, married aged 14yo, and gave birth aged 15yo.
                              • Lucrezia Borgia was married to her first husband aged 13yo and bore a son within a few years.
                              • Beatrice d'Este was betrothed aged 5yo and married aged 15yo.



                              So this was usual in Medieval times as well.
                              Secure few moments, everyday, to reflect upon the innumerable blessings of Allah and thank Him for bestowing them upon you.

                              "A person who is blessed with the ability to be grateful, shall never be deprived of barakah and increase in blessings."
                              - Rasulullah (صلی اللہ علیہ وسلم)‎

                              Comment

                              Collapse

                              Edit this module to specify a template to display.

                              Working...
                              X