Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help - Is this allowed in Islam..?

Assalamu-alaykum,

I am deeply confused regarding the 'Taweez'.
    If someone gives you a Taweez to put under your bed and it is written in Arabic from words of the Quran and you believe it will be Allah solving the issue not the Taweez giver or the Taweez itself then would it be allowed?

I hope someone can put some light into this.

Re: Help - Is this allowed in Islam..?

Wa alaikum asalaam wa rahmatullah.

What is there to be confused about.
    If you firmly believe it is Allah that solves your issues then why do you even need Taweez?
    Get rid of it and ask Allah directly.
    You don't need intercession.
    Not from Taweez or saints etc.
    Just ask Allah directly.
    Thats what Dua is for.

Comment

Originally posted by anumakhtar View Post
      Assalamu-alaykum,

I am deeply confused regarding the 'Taweez'.
      If someone gives you a Taweez to put under your bed and it is written in Arabic from words of the Quran and you believe it will be Allah solving the issue not the Taweez giver or the Taweez itself then would it be allowed?

I hope someone can put some light into this.
      Be careful what is written in Taweez , just been in Arabic does not mean it is Quran.

Comment

taweez is allowed as long as it is from a righteous shaykh; then it could be assumed that he has put the Quran in it, but I don't know about putting it under your bed; I would not like my feet to be on top of Quran!

Comment

Originally posted by wifeseeker View Post
          Wa alaikum asalaam wa rahmatullah.

What is there to be confused about.
          If you firmly believe it is Allah that solves your issues then why do you even need Taweez?
          Get rid of it and ask Allah directly.
          You don't need intercession.
          Not from Taweez or saints etc.
          Just ask Allah directly.
          Thats what Dua is for.
          Allah is the doctor right bro?; but we still take medicine don't we?

Comment

Alhamdulillah this is correct.
            However the average person needs to have this understanding.
            Otherwise it could be minor shirk.

In the best case scenario ie if the Taweez is from a righteous Sheikh and only contains Quran ayahs and the person using it fully understands the cure is from Allah and nothing else, even then there is Ikhtilaf among the scholars about its permissibilty.
            Some say you can use it and some say its better to avoid it.

The layman should learn about each topic as he enters it.
            Maybe this will stimulate the Op to learn more about Aqeedah and Shirk inshallah.

Comment

Answered by Shaykh Faraz Rabbani

Question: Assalaamu alaikum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuh,

Is it permissible to use amulets (i.e. hang) to deflect evil eye?

Answer:Assalamu alaikum,

It is permitted to use ta`wizes (amulets) as a means to protect oneself, while knowing that Allah is the only one who protects or benefits.

In the Musannaf of Imam Abu Bakr ibn Abi Shayba, the permissibility of hanging a ta`wiz is reported from many of the Companions and early Muslims (Salaf), including:

Sa`id ibn al-Musayyib, `Ata’, Mujahid, Abd Allah ibn `Amr, Ibn Sirin, `Abayd Allah ibn Abd Allah ibn `Umar, and others (Allah be well pleased with them all). [Musannaf, 5.439]

As for that which is reported from some, including Ibn Mas`ud (Allah be pleased with him), that hanging ta`wizes is shikr, this is understood to mean those that resemble the one’s used in Jahiliyya, or if used thinking that it is the ta`wiz itself that cures or protects, not Allah, or if it contains impermissible invocations or one’s whose meaning is not known, as explained by Allama Abu Sa`id al-Khadimi in his al-Bariqa al-Mahmudiyya Sharh al-Tariqa al-Muhammadiyya. [4.171-172]

In the Fatawa al-Hindiyya, one of the primary references in the Hanafi school, it says:

“There is nothing wrong with hanging ta`wizes, but one should take them off before going to the toilet and before intercourse.” [5.356]

In the Mawsu`a Fiqhiyya(Awqaf, Kuwait), it states that, the linguistic meaning of ta`wiz is derived from seeking protection or refuge. The type that is prohibited is the like the one’s used in pre-Islamic times, is a major sin and can even lead to disbelief. The type that is permitted according to the vast majority (jumhur) of the scholars is that which is made from the Words of Allah (Qur’an) or His Names, with the condition that the person not think that it has any effect by itself; rather, it protects or heals by the Will and Power of Allah.

And Allah knows best.

Wassalam,
              Faraz Rabbani

http://seekershub.org/ans-blog/2014/...lect-evil-eye/

Comment

Originally posted by wifeseeker View Post
                Alhamdulillah this is correct.
                However the average person needs to have this understanding.
                Otherwise it could be minor shirk.

In the best case scenario ie if the Taweez is from a righteous Sheikh and only contains Quran ayahs and the person using it fully understands the cure is from Allah and nothing else, even then there is Ikhtilaf among the scholars about its permissibilty.
                Some say you can use it and some say its better to avoid it.

The layman should learn about each topic as he enters it.
                Maybe this will stimulate the Op to learn more about Aqeedah and Shirk inshallah.
                see fatwa above bro; the jumhoor [vast majority of scholars] allow it; it is only the salafi 'scholars' that say it is not allowed and they do so on a misunderstanding

Comment

There is ikhtilaf between the scholars on the issue and i am not fit to discuss it.
                  I personally don't agree with it for the reasons i posted above and thus have advised the Op not to do it and i stick by that.
                  I would still advise the Op to attend a course in Aqeedah and Shirk to further his understanding in the whole area.
                  Peace.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                  X