Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

desparate for answers

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • desparate for answers

    Assalamu Alaikum,

    To start off, I apologize if I am all over the place with this post. My mind is in a state of shock right now. My sister passed away unexpectedly last night. She was only 27. I am 28. I feel like half of myself is missing. I am in a million pieces and feel like I will never be whole and happy again. She had so much life left to live. She was going to get married to her boyfriend and have kids. She was a successful mental health counselor. All of that has been ripped away. She wasn't just my sister - she was my best friend. I've literally never been without her before in my life. She's always been right by my side. I don't know how to live without her. I have faith that my family and I can get through this but I don't know how. I'm having difficulty understand why God would take her. In addition to this something else is bothering me. My sister was not a Muslim. She was Christian. I personally believe that she is in Paradise/Heaven. I cannot fathom how a loving God could send such a wonderful person like her to the Hellfire. I should do this research myself but my mind is all over the place. What does the Quran say about non-muslims and Jannah? I'm having a crisis in faith right now and it's scary. My whole world has been ripped apart and I don't know where to find comfort. I just want to know that my faith does state that my sister, being a good person and believing in God, will rest peacefully and eternally in Jannah. I can't begin to think of the alternative..... That is just not an option for me. Can someone help/give me information?

  • #2
    Re: desparate for answers

    walaikum assalam sister,i can understand your feelings that you are going through but it was all allah's decree which no one can comprehend as to why he did so and so,with regards to your sister i am sorry to say that she can't go to heaven because she was a christian,just being a wonderful person is not a criteria to go to paradise,the 1st criteria to go to paradise is IMAN(Oneness of Allah and his messenger),what i can suggest you is that you keep up with your daily 5 times prayer and supplicate to allah to grant you peace over your sister's death,in sha allah as the time passes by you will definately feel comfort and one more thing is that if anyone apart from your sister in your family is a christian try to make him a muslim by showing them lectres of Dr.zakir naik ang give them the translation of holy quran so that they may not meet with similar fate as that of your sister,,may allah bless you and make things easy for you

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: desparate for answers

      Originally posted by walkwithgrace View Post
      Assalamu Alaikum,

      To start off, I apologize if I am all over the place with this post. My mind is in a state of shock right now. My sister passed away unexpectedly last night. She was only 27. I am 28. I feel like half of myself is missing. I am in a million pieces and feel like I will never be whole and happy again. She had so much life left to live. She was going to get married to her boyfriend and have kids. She was a successful mental health counselor. All of that has been ripped away. She wasn't just my sister - she was my best friend. I've literally never been without her before in my life. She's always been right by my side. I don't know how to live without her. I have faith that my family and I can get through this but I don't know how. I'm having difficulty understand why God would take her. In addition to this something else is bothering me. My sister was not a Muslim. She was Christian. I personally believe that she is in Paradise/Heaven. I cannot fathom how a loving God could send such a wonderful person like her to the Hellfire. I should do this research myself but my mind is all over the place. What does the Quran say about non-muslims and Jannah? I'm having a crisis in faith right now and it's scary. My whole world has been ripped apart and I don't know where to find comfort. I just want to know that my faith does state that my sister, being a good person and believing in God, will rest peacefully and eternally in Jannah. I can't begin to think of the alternative..... That is just not an option for me. Can someone help/give me information?
      Wa'alaikumussalam warahmatullah wabarakatuhu sister,

      Innalillahi wa inna ilaihi rojiun. To Allah we belong, and to Him we will return.
      Our Prophet (pbuh) said: "To Allah belongs what He has taken, and to Him belongs
      what He gives, and everything has an appointed time with Him. So have patience and
      seek the reward from Allah"


      Regarding your sister, if she has never heard of Islam before or never received its
      knowledge or warnings, Allah will not punish her, and will give her a test instead
      in the Day of Judgement. It is the justice of Allah not to punish, unless the message
      of Islam has been given to her, and the evidence has been established.

      Allah said:

      "And never would We punish until We sent a messenger." (Quran 17:15)


      (Quran 67:8-9)


      But if she has learned the truth about Islam, and still rejects it, then she unfortunately
      is bound to Hellfire.

      I hope that your sister in not among the latter group.

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: desparate for answers

        Sister, Kindly Be patient its the Decree of Allah swt , whatever has happened.

        Even when I lost My loved ones I felt I can never live again with same happiness I had , But believe me TIME HEAL ALL WOUNDS is true . Even the Most Beloved Prophet WENT through MUCH MORE Than what I & you have been through. his beloved Father weeks before he was Born, , His mother at 6 years old, his 1st the most Beloved -supporter Wife Khadija and His Beloved uncle AbuTalib and his another two daughters all very near next to each other . So Allah swt tested him more than all of us, sister.Still he still LIVED in Hardship & poverty to guide us all.
        My sect - No Sect

        My Aqeedah - http://legacy.quran.com/112 ( The Aqeedah of Sahabas)

        Just a Muslim

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: desparate for answers

          Originally posted by walkwithgrace View Post
          Assalamu Alaikum,

          To start off, I apologize if I am all over the place with this post. My mind is in a state of shock right now. My sister passed away unexpectedly last night. She was only 27. I am 28. I feel like half of myself is missing. I am in a million pieces and feel like I will never be whole and happy again. She had so much life left to live. She was going to get married to her boyfriend and have kids. She was a successful mental health counselor. All of that has been ripped away. She wasn't just my sister - she was my best friend. I've literally never been without her before in my life. She's always been right by my side. I don't know how to live without her. I have faith that my family and I can get through this but I don't know how. I'm having difficulty understand why God would take her. In addition to this something else is bothering me. My sister was not a Muslim. She was Christian. I personally believe that she is in Paradise/Heaven. I cannot fathom how a loving God could send such a wonderful person like her to the Hellfire. I should do this research myself but my mind is all over the place. What does the Quran say about non-muslims and Jannah? I'm having a crisis in faith right now and it's scary. My whole world has been ripped apart and I don't know where to find comfort. I just want to know that my faith does state that my sister, being a good person and believing in God, will rest peacefully and eternally in Jannah. I can't begin to think of the alternative..... That is just not an option for me. Can someone help/give me information?

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: desparate for answers

            When I was 30 I lost my Mom. I wondered if I would ever
            See her again. For me, reading the gospel accounts of the resurrection
            Of Jesus Christ, and studying the evidence for the resurrection
            Was very comforting.

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: desparate for answers

              Thank you all for the responses. I have done my own research as well and I know that my sister is in Paradise. Muslims are not the only ones who go to heaven. Allah is the final judge. We all have our own opinions, beliefs and translations of certain ayahs. I don't want to sound like I am preaching to anyone. From what I have studied and read and also in my heart I know that my sister is in Heaven/Jannah. Thank you all again.

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: desparate for answers

                Originally posted by walkwithgrace View Post
                Thank you all for the responses. I have done my own research as well and I know that my sister is in Paradise. Muslims are not the only ones who go to heaven. Allah is the final judge. We all have our own opinions, beliefs and translations of certain ayahs. I don't want to sound like I am preaching to anyone. From what I have studied and read and also in my heart I know that my sister is in Heaven/Jannah. Thank you all again.
                She is in a better place In Sha Allah
                Be careful who you call Kafir because only Allah knows who is truly a rejector and who is merely a misguided person. It is not up to us to "sentence" a person to the Hellfire.

                The Questions you Questioned will be Questioned in the day of judgement

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: desparate for answers

                  Originally posted by imranies View Post
                  Wa'alaikumussalam warahmatullah wabarakatuhu sister,

                  Innalillahi wa inna ilaihi rojiun. To Allah we belong, and to Him we will return.
                  Our Prophet (pbuh) said: "To Allah belongs what He has taken, and to Him belongs
                  what He gives, and everything has an appointed time with Him. So have patience and
                  seek the reward from Allah"


                  Regarding your sister, if she has never heard of Islam before or never received its
                  knowledge or warnings, Allah will not punish her, and will give her a test instead
                  in the Day of Judgement. It is the justice of Allah not to punish, unless the message
                  of Islam has been given to her, and the evidence has been established.

                  Allah said:

                  "And never would We punish until We sent a messenger." (Quran 17:15)


                  "Every time a group is cast therein [into Hell], its keeper will ask, “Did no warner come to you?”
                  They will say, “Yes indeed; a warner did come to us, but we belied him and said: ‘Allah never
                  sent down anything (of revelation), you are only in great error.’”"
                  (Quran 67:8-9)


                  But if she has learned the truth about Islam, and still rejects it, then she unfortunately
                  is bound to Hellfire.

                  I hope that your sister in not among the latter group.
                  God said that any sin is forgivable except for dying in a state of shirk. This person's sister has her own relationship with God and God is the final judge. None of us know exactly what was truly in the sister's heart.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: desparate for answers

                    Originally posted by walkwithgrace View Post
                    Thank you all for the responses. I have done my own research as well and I know that my sister is in Paradise. Muslims are not the only ones who go to heaven. Allah is the final judge. We all have our own opinions, beliefs and translations of certain ayahs. I don't want to sound like I am preaching to anyone. From what I have studied and read and also in my heart I know that my sister is in Heaven/Jannah. Thank you all again.
                    salaam sister; it is haram to be sure anyone is in paradise except those mentioned in divine revelation such as the ten sahaba [ra] promised jannah

                    regarding non-muslims we simply say that we don't know where they are as what is certain is that if they have rejected Islam, they'd be in the fire but since scholars differ on the definition of this 'rejection', this is why we leave it to Allah ...; some scholars do say that as long as one did not receive compelling evidence that Islam is the truth, they will not be guilty of not being Muslim

                    Comment

                    Collapse

                    Edit this module to specify a template to display.

                    Working...
                    X