Re: About Monotheism and Christianity

She is a apostate thats for sure.

Leave a comment:

• Arbed
    replied

Originally posted by lifeisprayer View Post
    :salams

Can someone knowledgeable assist me in understanding a matter?

Some Background Details:

I have a friend who was a Christian and converted to Islam. Her practice was almost fervent! Then after some time she left the faith. From our conversations I gained the understanding that her rejection of faith was due to mainly personal reasons.

Later on, she married a Christian but was still dressing as a Muslim, speaking about Islam etc, I was under the impression that her husband had converted. Yet in another lapse of time when I spoke to her again she did not respond with the greeting of salaam, and when asked this found out that she's now a Jehovah Witness. From what I understand they reject the concept that Jesus is divine. So, what I wanted to know is would my friend (based on her difficult personal situation and leaving Islam) accepting that there is Truly one God and none to be worshiped but Him. Would she fall under the category of the verse?:

"Surely, those who believe, and those who are the Jews and the Sabians and the Christians, whosoever believed in Allah and the Last Day, and worked righteousness, on them shall be no fear, nor shall they grieve." (Al-Ma'idah 5:69)

Not quite sure but I think this verse refers only those religions of monotheistic faith. Would appreciate any advice and I don't think she'll revert to Islam again because she claims that her prayer was answered and this is now the faith that she believes best suited for her and personal situation. So would my friend be classified as under those under the ayah mentioned or because Islam came to her and she rejected it, be a kaafir (despite her personal situation and monotheistic faith).

I should add that generally she's a very good-hearted individual who bears no ill harm towards none, both spiritual and religious. She has bible studies almost everyday.
    Your friend sounds well confused. Jehovah's Witnesses are not Christians. They refuse Christ, they have reinterpreted the scriptures and have added things to Gods word. Like muslims they speak of Jesus and claim to respect Him but choose to ignore everything Jesus said about Himself. Muslims I can understand as they do not know the biblical Jesus and only have Isa in the Quran to base their of understanding of Jesus on. Jehovah's Witnesses have no such excuse as not only do they know the Bible they choose only the bits that's suits their view whilst ignoring the rest. As they do not follow the teachings of Jesus then they really can't call themselves Christians.

Each to their own path I say. We are free to choose but not free of the consequences of our choices.

Leave a comment:

• lifeisprayer
    replied

Originally posted by Bismil View Post
    This Ayat is about those Jews and Christians who were present during the time of prophets send to them.

One has to accept prophet Muhammad ( pbuh ) as final messenger , if one rejects Him , then it is as if one has rejected all the previous prophets.

:jkk: You are absolutely right.

I looked up the tafsir (online ibnkathir site) and explains it clearly: (well, I was really confused before lol)

There is no Salvation Except through Faith in the Qur'an

Allah says: O Muhammad, say,

﴿يَـأَهْلَ الْكِتَـبِ لَسْتُمْ عَلَى شَىْءٍ﴾

(O People of the Scripture! You have nothing...) meaning no real religion until you adhere to and implement the Tawrah and the Injil. That is, until you believe in all the Books that you have that Allah revealed to the Prophets. These Books command following Muhammad and believing in his prophecy, all the while adhering to his Law. Before, we explained Allah's statement,

﴿وَلَيَزِيدَنَّ كَثِيراً مِّنْهُم مَّآ أُنزِلَ إِلَيْكَ مِن رَّبِّكَ طُغْيَـناً وَكُفْراً﴾

(Verily, the revelation that has come to you from your Lord makes many of them increase in rebellion and disbelief.)

﴿فَلاَ تَأْسَ عَلَى الْقَوْمِ الْكَـفِرِينَ﴾

(So do not grieve for the people who disbelieve), Do not be sad or taken aback by their disbelief. Allah said next,

﴿إِنَّ الَّذِينَ ءَامَنُواْ﴾

(Surely, those who believe) referring to Muslims,

﴿وَالَّذِينَ هَادُواْ﴾

(those who are the Jews) who were entrusted with the Tawrah,

﴿وَالصَّـبِئُونَ﴾

(and the Sabians. ..) a sect from the Christians and Magians who did not follow any particular religion, as Mujahid stated. As for the Christians, they are known and were entrusted with the Injil. The meaning here is that if each of these groups believed in Allah and the Hereafter, which is the Day of Judgement and Reckoning, and performed good actions, which to be so, must conform to Muhammad's Law, after Muhammad was sent to all mankind and the Jinns. If any of these groups held these beliefs, then they shall have no fear of what will come or sadness regarding what they lost, nor will grief ever affect them. We discussed a similar Ayah before in Surat Al-Baqarah ﴿2:62﴾.

﴿لَقَدْ أَخَذْنَا مِيثَاقَ بَنِى إِسْرَءِيلَ وَأَرْسَلْنَآ إِلَيْهِمْ رُسُلاً كُلَّمَا جَآءَهُمْ رَسُولٌ بِمَا لاَ تَهْوَى أَنفُسُهُمْ فَرِيقاً كَذَّبُواْ وَفَرِيقاً يَقْتُلُونَ - وَحَسِبُواْ أَلاَّ تَكُونَ فِتْنَةٌ فَعَمُواْ وَصَمُّواْ ثُمَّ تَابَ اللَّهُ عَلَيْهِمْ ثُمَّ عَمُواْ وَصَمُّواْ كَثِيرٌ مِّنْهُمْ وَاللَّهُ بَصِيرٌ بِمَا يَعْمَلُونَ ﴾

(70. Verily, We took the covenant of the Children of Israel and sent Messengers to them. Whenever there came to them a Messenger with what they themselves desired not, a group of them they called liars, and others among them they killed.) (71. They thought there will be no Fitnah (trial or punishment), so they became blind and deaf; after that Allah turned to them (with forgiveness); yet again many of them became blind and deaf. And Allah is the All-Seer of what they do.) Allah reminds that He took the covenant and pledges from the Children of Israel to hear and obey Him and His Messenger. They broke these pledges and covenants and followed their lusts and desires instead of the law, and whichever part of the law they agreed with, they took it. Otherwise, they abandoned it, if it did not conform to their desires. This is why Allah said,

﴿كُلَّمَا جَآءَهُمْ رَسُولٌ بِمَا لاَ تَهْوَى أَنفُسُهُمْ فَرِيقاً كَذَّبُواْ وَفَرِيقاً يَقْتُلُونَوَحَسِبُواْ أَلاَّ تَكُونَ فِتْنَةٌ فَعَمُواْ وَصَمُّواْ﴾

(Whenever there came to them a Messenger with what they themselves desired not - a group of them they called liars, and others among them they killed. They thought there will be no Fitnah (trial or punishment) so they became blind and deaf.) thinking that they would suffer no repercussions for of the evil that they committed. Consequently, they were blinded from the truth and became deaf, incapable of hearing the truth. For these reasons they were unable to be guided by it. Allah forgave that, then,

﴿وَصَمُّواْ ثُمَّ﴾

(yet they became blind and deaf) again,

﴿كَثِيرٌ مِّنْهُمْ وَاللَّهُ بَصِيرٌ بِمَا يَعْمَلُونَ﴾

(many of them, and Allah is the All-Seer of what they do.) He has perfect knowledge of what they do and whomever among them deserves the guidance and whomever deserves misguidance.

﴿لَقَدْ كَفَرَ الَّذِينَ قَالُواْ إِنَّ اللَّهَ هُوَ الْمَسِيحُ ابْنُ مَرْيَمَ وَقَالَ الْمَسِيحُ يَابَنِى إِسْرَءِيلَ اعْبُدُواْ اللَّهَ رَبُّى وَرَبَّكُمْ إِنَّهُ مَن يُشْرِكْ بِاللَّهِ فَقَدْ حَرَّمَ اللَّهُ عَلَيهِ الْجَنَّةَ وَمَأْوَاهُ النَّارُ وَمَا لِلظَّـلِمِينَ مِنْ أَنصَارٍ - لَّقَدْ كَفَرَ الَّذِينَ قَالُواْ إِنَّ اللَّهَ ثَـلِثُ ثَلَـثَةٍ وَمَا مِنْ إِلَـهٍ إِلاَّ إِلَـهٌ وَحِدٌ وَإِن لَّمْ يَنتَهُواْ عَمَّا يَقُولُونَ لَيَمَسَّنَّ الَّذِينَ كَفَرُواْ مِنْهُمْ عَذَابٌ أَلِيمٌ - أَفَلاَ يَتُوبُونَ إِلَى اللَّهِ وَيَسْتَغْفِرُونَهُ وَاللَّهُ غَفُورٌ رَّحِيمٌ - مَّا الْمَسِيحُ ابْنُ مَرْيَمَ إِلاَّ رَسُولٌ قَدْ خَلَتْ مِن قَبْلِهِ الرُّسُلُ وَأُمُّهُ صِدِّيقَةٌ كَانَا يَأْكُلاَنِ الطَّعَامَ انْظُرْ كَيْفَ نُبَيِّنُ لَهُمُ الاٌّيَـتِ ثُمَّ انْظُرْ أَنَّى يُؤْفَكُونَ ﴾

(72. Surely, they have disbelieved who say: "Allah is the Messiah ﴿`Isa﴾, son of Maryam.'' But the Messiah said: "O Children of Israel! worship Allah, my Lord and your Lord.'' Verily, whosoever sets up partners (in worship) with Allah, then Allah has forbidden Paradise for him, and the Fire will be his abode. And for the wrongdoers there are no helpers.) (73. Surely, they have disbelieved who say: "Allah is the third of three.'' And there is no god but One God (Allah). And if they cease not from what they say, verily, a painful torment will befall on the disbelievers among them.) (74. Will they not repent to Allah and ask His forgiveness For Allah is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful.) (75. The Messiah ﴿`Isa﴾, son of Maryam, was no more than a Messenger; many were the Messengers that passed away before him. His mother ﴿Maryam﴾ was a Siddiqah. They both used to eat food. Look how We make the Ayat clear to them; yet look how they are deluded away (from the truth).)

Leave a comment:

• Bismil
    replied

Originally posted by sk0rpi0n View Post
    My opinion....
    Its true that there are Christians who worship only God and not Jesus. While its a pity she left Islam after coming to it its worthy to note she didn't become a trinitarian..or an atheist. I dont think she can be classified as a kaffir.
    Hopefully she doesn't turn against Islam...and hopefully she doesn't use her background as an ex Muslim to target other Muslims for conversion.
    Also I am not sure what the JWs stance on Islam is. They probably classify it as one of the many world religions along with Hinduism and Buddhism...

Believe in prophet Muhammad ( pbuh ) is basis of shahadah .

A person is a kafir if that person does not believe in the prophet ( pbuh ) when the message reached the person.

Leave a comment:

• Bismil
    replied

"Surely, those who believe, and those who are the Jews and the Sabians and the Christians, whosoever believed in Allah and the Last Day, and worked righteousness, on them shall be no fear, nor shall they grieve." (Al-Ma'idah 5:69)[/B]

This Ayat is about those Jews and Christians who were present during the time of prophets send to them.

One has to accept prophet Muhammad ( pbuh ) as final messenger , if one rejects Him , then it is as if one has rejected all the previous prophets.

Leave a comment:

• sk0rpi0n
    replied

She may have returned to Christianity for the sake of convenience to fit in with her society. ImO its better than becomong muslim and then doing the same things that Christians and non believers do.
    On YouTube there was a video of a convert to Islam who said she just wears the hijab only when its convenient and that she still goes out partying and drinking with her friends. Sad.

With your friend as long as she doesn't oppose or insult Islam there may be hope for her. God knows best.

Leave a comment:

• lifeisprayer
    replied

My opinion....
    Its true that there are Christians who worship only God and not Jesus. While its a pity she left Islam after coming to it its worthy to note she didn't become a trinitarian..or an atheist. I dont think she can be classified as a kaffir.
    Hopefully she doesn't turn against Islam...and hopefully she doesn't use her background as an ex Muslim to target other Muslims for conversion.
    Also I am not sure what the JWs stance on Islam is. They probably classify it as one of the many world religions along with Hinduism and Buddhism...
    Her entire family's Christians and it's a difficult struggle on her.
    The only time she was especially practicing and believing as a Muslim was when I first met her in a religious class. After that she swayed, lack of family support, work problems; comments on dress, to eat halal, everything became a struggle. Even her previous marriage with a Muslim turned against her best interest. It's really tough, seeing someone close to you fall away. :jazak: for the input.

Leave a comment:

• lifeisprayer
    replied

Originally posted by Abdur-Razzaq View Post
    These verse should answer your question:

"And whoever desires a religion other than Islam, it shall not be accepted from him, and in the hereafter he shall be one of the losers."
    3:85

"Surely, those who disbelieve after their believing, then increase in unbelief, their repentance shall not be accepted, and these are they that go astray."
    3:90

:jkk:

Leave a comment:

• Abdur-Razzaq
    replied

I dont think she can be classified as a kaffir..
    She is worse than a kafir; she is an apostate.

Leave a comment:

• Abdur-Razzaq
    replied

So would my friend be classified as under those under the ayah mentioned or because Islam came to her and she rejected it, be a kaafir (despite her personal situation and monotheistic faith).
    These verse should answer your question:

"And whoever desires a religion other than Islam, it shall not be accepted from him, and in the hereafter he shall be one of the losers."
    3:85

"Surely, those who disbelieve after their believing, then increase in unbelief, their repentance shall not be accepted, and these are they that go astray."
    3:90

Leave a comment:

• sk0rpi0n
    replied

My opinion....

Leave a comment:

• lifeisprayer
    replied

Opps one more thing, after I spoke to her initially she did reaffirm her faith in Islam but after trying some time again, she still found it difficulties with regards to her personal life and social....so basicially, she was Christian faith, Muslim, left, then became Muslim but then left again. (seems convinced now)

Leave a comment:

• lifeisprayer
    started a topic About Monotheism and Christianity

About Monotheism and Christianity

:salams

Can someone knowledgeable assist me in understanding a matter?

Some Background Details:

I have a friend who was a Christian and converted to Islam. Her practice was almost fervent! Then after some time she left the faith. From our conversations I gained the understanding that her rejection of faith was due to mainly personal reasons.

Later on, she married a Christian but was still dressing as a Muslim, speaking about Islam etc, I was under the impression that her husband had converted. Yet in another lapse of time when I spoke to her again she did not respond with the greeting of salaam, and when asked this found out that she's now a Jehovah Witness. From what I understand they reject the concept that Jesus is divine. So, what I wanted to know is would my friend (based on her difficult personal situation and leaving Islam) accepting that there is Truly one God and none to be worshiped but Him. Would she fall under the category of the verse?:

"Surely, those who believe, and those who are the Jews and the Sabians and the Christians, whosoever believed in Allah and the Last Day, and worked righteousness, on them shall be no fear, nor shall they grieve." (Al-Ma'idah 5:69)

Not quite sure but I think this verse refers only those religions of monotheistic faith. Would appreciate any advice and I don't think she'll revert to Islam again because she claims that her prayer was answered and this is now the faith that she believes best suited for her and personal situation. So would my friend be classified as under those under the ayah mentioned or because Islam came to her and she rejected it, be a kaafir (despite her personal situation and monotheistic faith).

I should add that generally she's a very good-hearted individual who bears no ill harm towards none, both spiritual and religious. She has bible studies almost everyday.

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
X