a question from a Christian interested in learning about Islam

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: a question from a Christian interested in learning about Islam

I read her most recent posts and yes I know she's a Christian and her posts oppose Islam. My post isn't directed simply at the posters on this thread. It's directed at every single Muslim who resorts to name calling or any other form of degrading behavior to keep any non-Muslim person from expressing their opinion. Even if someone is spewing lies about Islam, resorting to name calling or stooping to their level isn't the way of the Prophet-it's not the way of Islam. They're trying to misguide someone? Well perhaps they are misguided themselves and Allah sent them here because He believes there is hope for them and someone here can help them find redemption. You never know. Even some of the most well known Islam haters have opened their hearts and accepted Allah. Whose to say she won't eventually do the same? No one. No one but Allah.

Please stop justifying mistreatment. I understand it is upsetting when someone speaks ill of the religion you love with all your heart- doubts the God you'd never turn away from. But we're not all that lucky and you never know what Allah's plan may be. If someone's post is upsetting you, don't dismiss it- challenge it. Being able to defend Islam without demeaning a person's worth is a sign of a strong faith. Maybe you can educate and strengthen someone else's as well.

And I'm not new. I had another account but haven't been here in a while because I let other people get to me. I pretended to agree with things I didn't yet agree with; I suppressed my doubts and pretended to be farther along my journey to Islam than I really was because I couldn't handle the judgment and backlash I received by some people. But now I realize you can't judge a religion based on its followers, but distinguishing between the two is difficult for most people to do, so it's important that Muslims try and represent Islam as accurately as possible based on the ways of the Prophet. I put Islam on the back burner and almost resigned myself to pretending to believe in Islam for the rest of my life for the sake of my parents. But I'm back seeking the same answers and I'd like to believe it's because Allah hasn't yet given up on me. We'll see.

Comment

Originally posted by OpenEyesx View Post
      I read her most recent posts and yes I know she's a Christian and her posts oppose Islam. My post isn't directed simply at the posters on this thread. It's directed at every single Muslim who resorts to name calling or any other form of degrading behavior to keep any non-Muslim person from expressing their opinion. Even if someone is spewing lies about Islam, resorting to name calling or stooping to their level isn't the way of the Prophet-it's not the way of Islam. They're trying to misguide someone? Well perhaps they are misguided themselves and Allah sent them here because He believes there is hope for them and someone here can help them find redemption. You never know. Even some of the most well known Islam haters have opened their hearts and accepted Allah. Whose to say she won't eventually do the same? No one. No one but Allah.

Please stop justifying mistreatment. I understand it is upsetting when someone speaks ill of the religion you love with all your heart- doubts the God you'd never turn away from. But we're not all that lucky and you never know what Allah's plan may be. If someone's post is upsetting you, don't dismiss it- challenge it. Being able to defend Islam without demeaning a person's worth is a sign of a strong faith. Maybe you can educate and strengthen someone else's as well.

And I'm not new. I had another account but haven't been here in a while because I let other people get to me. I pretended to agree with things I didn't yet agree with; I suppressed my doubts and pretended to be farther along my journey to Islam than I really was because I couldn't handle the judgment and backlash I received by some people. But now I realize you can't judge a religion based on its followers, but distinguishing between the two is difficult for most people to do, so it's important that Muslims try and represent Islam as accurately as possible based on the ways of the Prophet. I put Islam on the back burner and almost resigned myself to pretending to believe in Islam for the rest of my life for the sake of my parents. But I'm back seeking the same answers and I'd like to believe it's because Allah hasn't yet given up on me. We'll see.
      Ok brother...but we dont judge people until they start misguiding new comers that sincerely want answers and we see some posters popping up to misguide or confuse them further.This may apparantly seem a minor thing but it carry heavy consequences for those seeking truth.Our job is to warn new comers as well.
      ".......He giveth and spendeth (of His bounty) as He pleaseth. But the revelation that cometh to thee from Allah increaseth in most of them (kuffar) their obstinate rebellion and blasphemy.Amongst them we have placed enmity and hatred till the Day of Judgment. Every time they kindle the fire of war, Allah doth extinguish it;but they (ever) strive to do mischief on earth. And Allah loveth not those who do mischief."(5:64)

Comment

Preaching is Easy but practising is difficult . You speak like a white angel but you never tried to be in their shoes who suffered .They come and excrete here and leave all the cleaning to us (my 80 % post are for this cleaning)

I cant show my other cheek when slapped Like You & Christians claim but they really do the opposite. Name calling you go & read who started first and its does not matter now when things go too Sour and such people are not banned inspite of Blasphemy. So they deserved to me mocked MUCH MORE But i don't slap anybody first .But I am given the right by the Quran (29:46)to use a hard discourse when they are unfair. Its unfair when they stay here and keep blaspheming. I suspect you are a sort of old wine (troll) in a new bottle (new name)
        My sect - No Sect

My Aqeedah - http://legacy.quran.com/112 ( The Aqeedah of Sahabas)

Just a Muslim

Comment

Look, I get it and I don't mean to start a fight but I'm just basing it off experience and I know everyone thinks they're doing Islam this great justice-my mom is the exact way. She says she's saving other muslims from being misguided. But it does the exact opposite. Because suddenly no ones addressing the concerns-everyones attacking the poster.And I know my post was a mile long and it's fine if you don't agree but I'm only going off the experience I've had with muslims on the forum and the ways of the Prophet. And there's a vast difference. One encourages and one degrades and humiliates.

And while I maintain that I've never been anythinh but respectful on this forum, the fact of the matter is my questions always came off offensive because the subject matter challenged Islam and people claimed it was arrogant. And from an Islamic perception yeah I get that, but from an outside perspective we have every right to question and challenge a religion we haven't yet submitted to. And if muslims would focus on defending the aspects of Islam called into question rather than dwelling on the insult maybe you'd be better at making sure young and naive muslims don't stray from the right path.

If you don't agree that's fine but there really is nothing more to say on the matter except for the sake of Allah give respect even when you don't receive it because that's what the prophet would do. And that's the kind of behavior that reflects positively on Islam and not only keeps people from straying but convinces others of the truth.

Yes I know no one wants to be preached to but I had to say it and I'm not taking it back.

One more thing there was a story post I think here quite some time ago where a revert who left christianity for Islam explained that a Muslim man who she gave no respect to gave her respect and led her to Islam despite the fact she intended to mislead him and prove Islam false. But he nelieved in Islam and he made sure even she walked away a believer. She credis her redemption to this man and urges other Muslims to do for others what he did for her. I think it was posted here but I'm not sure. I'll post the link if I find it.

Comment

You are ignorant of how i had handled all along & seems clearly biased too. If you want try my few first few post to Arbed. I don't respect those who are UNJUST. I do follow etiquettes that are to be followed. See my other conversations with other Christians like Kepha though he wronged me but i didn't even Mock him even once,and others who do argue but do not Blaspheme because they are not FANATICS. Do we Blaspheme Jesus even once ? But they do our prophet(pbuh) it in 100's

I do not force my views on anybody and I quote this verse (2:256) Always. Your religion is for you and My religion is for me, that's it. but Mind it , This is A Muslim Forum and I cant wait to see a single drop of Poison the whole glass of water. If We Muslims go to their websites & blaspheme like they do we will be Kicked out with Most Filthiest erotic Vulgar words in just a few posts see You tube for proof. . but mods here are too afraid or Lenient to disable them
            My sect - No Sect

My Aqeedah - http://legacy.quran.com/112 ( The Aqeedah of Sahabas)

Just a Muslim

Comment

I told myself I was done with this thread, and I will be once I clear up a few things that don't matter to me but seem to matter to you.

1) I'm so far from christianity it's ridiculous. I don't and never will believe in the Holy trinity and I'll never be able to comprehend God dying.and coming back to life. I'll never believe He is His creation. I'm not a Christian and I care nothinh for Christianity. Sorry if I've been misunderstood.

2) I've never made any attempt to claim that nonmuslims respect muslims. Some do but let's be honest I live in the west and my moms been the target of such racism and discrimimation based on religion. My point still stands muslims are above Christians.

3) you're right I'm biased. Towards Islam. I dont care about the way Christians present themselves and their blatant hypocrisy cause I know it's not the truth. I care about the way Islam is presented because I think it very well may be. I don't know.

To be honest I didn't expect people to agree with me considering what I said, at the very least I wanted to try though. I know we'll
              agree on this issue and it's fine. I actually understandyour viewpoint though I don't agree with it. I just had to clear up thd misconception that I somehow respect Christians more tjan I do Muslims. Christians are corrupt I know. The only reason I did not address them is because they were irrelevant to the point I was making. I hope we can move past this now.

Comment

#never #the #than

Comment

I told myself I was done with this thread, and I will be once I clear up a few things that don't matter to me but seem to matter to you.

1) I'm so far from christianity it's ridiculous. I don't and never will believe in the Holy trinity and I'll never be able to comprehend God dying.and coming back to life. I'll never believe He is His creation. I'm not a Christian and I care nothinh for Christianity. Sorry if I've been misunderstood.

2) I've never made any attempt to claim that nonmuslims respect muslims. Some do but let's be honest I live in the west and my moms been the target of such racism and discrimimation based on religion. My point still stands muslims are above Christians.

3) you're right I'm biased. Towards Islam. I dont care about the way Christians present themselves and their blatant hypocrisy cause I know it's not the truth. I care about the way Islam is presented because I think it very well may be. I don't know.

To be honest I didn't expect people to agree with me considering what I said, at the very least I wanted to try though. I know we'll
                  agree on this issue and it's fine. I actually understandyour viewpoint though I don't agree with it. I just had to clear up thd misconception that I somehow respect Christians more tjan I do Muslims. Christians are corrupt I know. The only reason I did not address them is because they were irrelevant to the point I was making. I hope we can move past this now.
                  ok..agree to disagree .
                  ".......He giveth and spendeth (of His bounty) as He pleaseth. But the revelation that cometh to thee from Allah increaseth in most of them (kuffar) their obstinate rebellion and blasphemy.Amongst them we have placed enmity and hatred till the Day of Judgment. Every time they kindle the fire of war, Allah doth extinguish it;but they (ever) strive to do mischief on earth. And Allah loveth not those who do mischief."(5:64)

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                  X