a question from a Christian interested in learning about Islam

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• a question from a Christian interested in learning about Islam

God guides when he wants and mid guides whom he wants does not sound like the same God as the bible. Yes we have free will but Satan misguides and God guides if we want to but he would not misguide us deliberately. Satan does that. We believe Satan misguides and attacks us like this as to move us away from God. We all have free will but God would not deliberately misguide us which is my understandimg from Muslims. In Christianity Satan does the job quite well.

I need some help with this one please??

Thanks

In Islam, we have a clear teaching that says that no one who sincerely wants to be guided will be misguided by God. Those who sincerely wants to be guided WILL be guided.

God misguides people who get a seal over their hearts. This seal is due to all the spiritual heart diseases such as jealousy, anger etc and a consequence of oft-sinning. The more you sin, the more your heart is blackened. The more it is blackened the more the seal is tightened. The more covered it is, the more blind you become to true guidance.
    But that said, if someone wants to be guided all barriers will be broken and they will be attracted to the truth, God willingly and God won't stop guidance if their hearts are pure and sincere.

Comment

Re: a question from a Christian interested in learning about Islam

Thank you for that. It seems reasonable just no one has ever explained it to me before.

QUOTE=Imaam;6207857]In Islam, we have a clear teaching that says that no one who sincerely wants to be guided will be misguided by God. Those who sincerely wants to be guided WILL be guided.

God misguides people who get a seal over their hearts. This seal is due to all the spiritual heart diseases such as jealousy, anger etc and a consequence of oft-sinning. The more you sin, the more your heart is blackened. The more it is blackened the more the seal is tightened. The more covered it is, the more blind you become to true guidance.
      But that said, if someone wants to be guided all barriers will be broken and they will be attracted to the truth, God willingly and God won't stop guidance if their hearts are pure and sincere.[/QUOTE]

Comment

Originally posted by herenow View Post
        God guides when he wants and mid guides whom he wants does not sound like the same God as the bible. Yes we have free will but Satan misguides and God guides if we want to but he would not misguide us deliberately. Satan does that. We believe Satan misguides and attacks us like this as to move us away from God. We all have free will but God would not deliberately misguide us which is my understandimg from Muslims. In Christianity Satan does the job quite well.
        i have always believed in free will, but as for satan misguiding us, that doesn't sound right. i suppose it is your free will to follow satan, but i have heard/seen satan offering/presenting temptations, not guidance.

with our free will it becomes our choice to resist those temptations.

Comment

Why would God misguide people by placing a seal on their heart? That makes no sense. That implies that God is not a merciful God. That God already knows those who are weak and has written them off before they start. It implies that some are predestined for Hell.. And if God has sealed their hearts from undertstanding then they have no choice but Hell. Free will is free will, which means we are free agents when it comes to choice. Why did God not choose to make everyone the same and simply programme everyone to worship Him? There would be no evil we would all get along, no strife, no fighting. Sounds a veritable utopia..

However, it would be a utopia populated by robots! What good is worship out of obligation? There is none it is worthless. If worship is not freely given out of love and gratitude to God the Creator then it's no good, it's meaningless. That's why we are blessed with free will. We are able to choose to accept God and all that is good from Him or turn away and live a life in the dark. I don't believe Satan has the power to misguide... Yes, he can tempt us into sin but has no power to force us. We choose that way even when we may know it's something not pleasing to God! Satan is just there to welcome those willing to do his work on this earth. To separate us from God.

Comment

Y'all go to a search engine .. then y'all type in I S L A M

N then Y'all go to SCHORLARLY websites for your SINCERE questions.

thank you n g'day :)
            "If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor."

"Nothing protects the rights of the minority like the tyranny of the majority"

Comment

Originally posted by candyapple View Post

Lol... Not very helpful, Herenow was asking a question of muslims maybe because trawling the Internet on information on Islam is confusing as to what is truth or not.

Comment

Originally posted by Arbed View Post
                Lol... Not very helpful, Herenow was asking a question of muslims maybe because trawling the Internet on information on Islam is confusing as to what is truth or not.
                Question: why on earth are you wasting valuable time on an Islamic forum?

asking because you surely have better things to do in life before death calls than to continually waste your time AIMLESSLY on a muslim website?

Surely???????????

If I ever saw a stubborn stain... no offense :)
                "If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor."

"Nothing protects the rights of the minority like the tyranny of the majority"

Comment

B

asking because you surely have better things to do in life before death calls than to continually waste your time AIMLESSLY on a muslim website?

Surely???????????

None taken... :) I'm getting to quite like your funny little ways. You can always be relied upon to raise a laugh. :D

Comment

Originally posted by Arbed View Post
                    Why would God misguide people by placing a seal on their heart? That makes no sense. That implies that God is not a merciful God. That God already knows those who are weak and has written them off before they start. It implies that some are predestined for Hell.. And if God has sealed their hearts from undertstanding then they have no choice but Hell. Free will is free will, which means we are free agents when it comes to choice. Why did God not choose to make everyone the same and simply programme everyone to worship Him? There would be no evil we would all get along, no strife, no fighting. Sounds a veritable utopia..
                    God can place a seal on the hearts of those who stubbornly refuse to believe in the same way he hardened the heart of Pharaoh. Such people have first locked God out from their hearts so God places His seal on it.

Comment

Wow. And that's the trouble with some Muslims. They run people off the forum if they're not quick to agree. There's no patience, no understanding. Just discouraging judgment against those they feel threatened by. I say some because I know not all display such condescending arrogance. From what I hear the Prophet sure didn't cast stones- he offered well wishes and guidance. He didn't wish them away but rather wished them guidance and redemption. Would God really be proud of you for turning away those who are seeking answers? Those who could potentially accept Islam as the truth? I know it's hard to gauge a person's true intentions and sincerity over the internet-but it's definitely not difficult to know when you're being disrespected and looked down upon. Are you really representing Islam the same way the Prophet did? If you believe in Islam fully, don't mock those who aren't as fortunate. If they're really blind and in the dark then guide them to the light and open their eyes.

Comment

Originally posted by OpenEyesx View Post
                        Wow. And that's the trouble with some Muslims. They run people off the forum if they're not quick to agree. There's no patience, no understanding. Just discouraging judgment against those they feel threatened by. I say some because I know not all display such condescending arrogance. From what I hear the Prophet sure didn't cast stones- he offered well wishes and guidance. He didn't wish them away but rather wished them guidance and redemption. Would God really be proud of you for turning away those who are seeking answers? Those who could potentially accept Islam as the truth? I know it's hard to gauge a person's true intentions and sincerity over the internet-but it's definitely not difficult to know when you're being disrespected and looked down upon. Are you really representing Islam the same way the Prophet did? If you believe in Islam fully, don't mock those who aren't as fortunate. If they're really blind and in the dark then guide them to the light and open their eyes.
                        Well...muslim posters are trying to answer to clear the confusion of op..but Arbed is christian not muslim.So she is trying best to misguide the confused people seeking truth.She can people 'guide in her ways' on christian forums better i suppose...here it seems trolling.

@Op...every person who sincerely wishes to be guided ll be guidedby Allah (God).But not the ones with arrogancy...Arrogancy comes from satan and Allah doesnt like arrogants..rather He bestow His blessings on humble ones.
                        That saying hardening of hearts is often seen in arrogants mostly so first they reject truth or pay heed to truth...afterwards Allah put complete seal to their hearts.Besides...every person s destiny is already written before ..but without going through tests many raise points as to why they are directly put in hell when they could ve been guided in world...so this world is a test for all of us but also to give answer to arrogants not to raise the same question on day of judgement that they werent given choice.
                        ".......He giveth and spendeth (of His bounty) as He pleaseth. But the revelation that cometh to thee from Allah increaseth in most of them (kuffar) their obstinate rebellion and blasphemy.Amongst them we have placed enmity and hatred till the Day of Judgment. Every time they kindle the fire of war, Allah doth extinguish it;but they (ever) strive to do mischief on earth. And Allah loveth not those who do mischief."(5:64)

Comment

Originally posted by OpenEyesx View Post

There are all sort of posters here among the Non Muslim groups and some are genuine trolls which have to be eradicated. some are decent people asking questions and clearing doubts which is the Most welcomed group among them. Some act and claim as if they want to learn islam but keep on teaching theirs which is a nuisance because this is an Islamic Forum . But the hated are those who spew Lies, slander , blaspheme and try to Misguide the muslims, the group who dissuade the readers away from Islam by spewing lies cunningly quoting certain things to misguide Muslims and act as a mosquito injecting its beak with disease ( unreasonable doubts). These hypocrites , smiling killers are not to be taken Easy.

People, New members like you will not find the difference between them unless you had read all their posts from their start and how many times they have been kindly excused and kindly accommodated but they never miss any chance to create mischief .

Note: this is a general post not pointed at you but some other posters creating mischeif.
                          My sect - No Sect

My Aqeedah - http://legacy.quran.com/112 ( The Aqeedah of Sahabas)

Just a Muslim

Comment

Surely???????????

I think she's sunk in a DEEP PILE of Jealousy that makes her go :wacko: . see her stupid reply here post # 18 in thread

http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthrea...-quot-in-Islam
                            My sect - No Sect

My Aqeedah - http://legacy.quran.com/112 ( The Aqeedah of Sahabas)

Just a Muslim

Comment

About google searches: Google only answers what you ask it. Many non muslims are asking the wrong questions and thus get a search list of non muslim or anti muslim website. E.g. the example last week about a guy asking about a winged unicorn. Well if you type that in you get a whole load of searchs results, even wikipedia, but its all by non muslims. To get the true story you have to search for burq or laylatul mirage. Someone who doesn't know those terms wont' find what he/she is looking for.

I think muslim website should incroporate a whole load of these incorrect term into their articles somehow, so that a google search for the wrong thing will lead to the correct information.

Or maybe we should have a sticky thread for new muslims with a list of proper scholarly websites that they can search.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X