about tajweed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• about tajweed

Assalamu alikum,Am a house wife.I recite Quran daily n do salah 5times some times tahajud also.one of my neighbor is hafiz she told me that if don't recite Quran with tajweed its like waste to read. But from child hood we learned like this only.I read it in proper way and correct but not in tajweed.please can any one guide me.now whenever reciting Quran I got dat thought why am also not Hafiz.insha Allahi will prefer my childrens to be hafiz

Re: about tajweed

:wswrwb:

Yes, it's better to read with tajweed, hoever, since you do not know how to read with tajweed, you should still read Quran :insha:

At the same, time try to learn takweed as well.
    Secure few moments, everyday, to reflect upon the innumerable blessings of Allah and thank Him for bestowing them upon you.

"A person who is blessed with the ability to be grateful, shall never be deprived of barakah and increase in blessings."
    - Rasulullah (صلی اللہ علیہ وسلم)‎

Comment

Originally posted by ayeshataj View Post
      Assalamu alikum,Am a house wife.I recite Quran daily n do salah 5times some times tahajud also.one of my neighbor is hafiz she told me that if don't recite Quran with tajweed its like waste to read. But from child hood we learned like this only.I read it in proper way and correct but not in tajweed.please can any one guide me.now whenever reciting Quran I got dat thought why am also not Hafiz.insha Allahi will prefer my childrens to be hafiz
      I don't understand how you can say the underlined. What do you take Tajweed to be or mean?

As far as I am aware, and people more knowledgeable than myself on the forum can correct me on this, Tajweed is the rules of correct recital, e.g. correct pronunciation and the rules of how to correctly read the Qur'an such as how to read nun sakinah and so on.

Therefore, if it is true that you are reading "in proper way and correct" then you are by necessity reading with Tajweed, because to read without Tajweed is to recite incorrectly.

It would seem, from what you say that you clearly do not consciously know the rules of Tajweed, so there are two possible realities which may be the case, of which one would need immediate remedy if it was the case:

1) it is possible that you may not consciously know the rules of Tajweed but are actually applying them when reading the Qur'an, and this would be fine, but you would still benefit from learning the rules so you are aware of themand can perfect your recital through this knowledge.

or

2) It may be that you do not consciously know the rules of Tajweed and you are also not applying them when reading, and this may be highly problematic and ought to be immediately remedied.

Insha'Allah look into what Tajweed actually is even by doing a basic internet search, see some of the basic rules and whether they match with how you recite. If you find it is just explaining how you are already reciting, then it may be that you are of the first of the two cases I listed. If, however, what you find in these rules is all news to you and it leads to a recitation unlike how you are reciting (for example, you are pronouncing letters which under the rules shouldn't be pronounced), then you may most likely be of the second kind.

Also, many mosqueshave opportunities for people to recite to the imam so as to correct =/check their recital, you may want to find out when/where this is taking place near you and drop in.

Comment

Originally posted by ayeshataj View Post
        Wa'alaykumsalam,

As said previously, you will need to make efforts to read the Qur'an correctly because our prophet said

But not reciting with tajweed does not mean "its like a waste to read" as your neighbour said because our prophet said will have a double reward

The great Shaykh Imam Al Nawawi commenting on above hadith said " As for the one who falters therein, he is the one who falters in his recitation because he does not have a good memory. He will have a double reward: a reward for reciting and a reward for faltering in his recitation and the difficulty he encounters. " (Sharh Sahih Muslim)

Insha'Allah you take up classes to master the recitation of Quran.

Comment

as-salamu alaikum sister,

I find myself in the same position as you. The way I was taught when I was younger didn't include learning of tajweed rules. I'm learning them now and its fun. Plus as the brother mentioned it is obligatory to read it in that way. Don't be disheartened and feel like you can't read the Qu'raan whilst you learn though. You can always listen to audio recitations (google tajweed & the surah you're after) and then try to copy the Qari's recitation.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
          X