• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• unifiedhearts
    replied
    Re: Role of an angel

Originally posted by K9A View Post
    We (Humans) have tasks such as to work because we need food to live, and we have free-will to do things other than worship god. But angels never sleep or eat so they don't need to work, and have no free-will so it isn't their choice to do these tasks, they are created by god to worship him. But they still for some reason do tasks like take a human's soul like the Angel of Death, but why do they have to do it? Why not Allah(swt) himself?
    They are there to carry out His commands, maybe "agents" of His decree.We are unable to fully comprehend the unseen, except what has been revealed.

"With Him are the keys of the unseen (ghayb). No one knows them other than Him. He knows what is in land and sea. No leaf falls but He knows it; nor there is a grain in the darkness of the earth or a green or dry thing but in a manifest Book." (6.59)

The knowledge about angels is what have been revealed to us, that's all we know. Maybe this link on Angels can help more regarding their nature and roles.

Leave a comment:

• missmirah02
    replied

How can I go about doing that?
    There are some websites specifically for asking scholars questions

Leave a comment:

• K9A
    replied

Originally posted by missmirah02 View Post
    I'm not sure maybe ask a scholar?
    How can I go about doing that?

Leave a comment:

• missmirah02
    replied

We (Humans) have tasks such as to work because we need food to live, and we have free-will to do things other than worship god. But angels never sleep or eat so they don't need to work, and have no free-will so it isn't their choice to do these tasks, they are created by god to worship him. But they still for some reason do tasks like take a human's soul like the Angel of Death, but why do they have to do it? Why not Allah(swt) himself?
    I'm not sure maybe ask a scholar?

Leave a comment:

• K9A
    replied

Originally posted by missmirah02 View Post
    I think they have different tasks just like we as men and women have different tasks

Leave a comment:

• missmirah02
    replied

Hello everyone,

When I used to be in school I wanted to ask my islamic teacher a question but she couldn't answer it. So I come here in hope of an answer.

Allah(swt) says he created the angels, djinn and human to worship him and him only. And humans are currently in a test of faith, and it is known that Angels don't sleep don't eat and do nothing but worship Allah(swt). Then my question is why do they have different tasks? Why is Jibreel a messenger and why does Malak al mawt have to come to collect our souls, why are there angels that carry the throne? Since Allah(swt) is capable of doing everything then why does he have the angels perform these tasks?

Thank you.
    I think they have different tasks just like we as men and women have different tasks

Leave a comment:

• K9A
    started a topic Role of an angel

Role of an angel

Hello everyone,

When I used to be in school I wanted to ask my islamic teacher a question but she couldn't answer it. So I come here in hope of an answer.

Allah(swt) says he created the angels, djinn and human to worship him and him only. And humans are currently in a test of faith, and it is known that Angels don't sleep don't eat and do nothing but worship Allah(swt). Then my question is why do they have different tasks? Why is Jibreel a messenger and why does Malak al mawt have to come to collect our souls, why are there angels that carry the throne? Since Allah(swt) is capable of doing everything then why does he have the angels perform these tasks?

Thank you.

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
X