Befriending Shias

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Befriending Shias

You can be just befriend with them.Its wrong not talking with them in a western country,where there are few muslims.But you must be careful of their devient and shirk I aqeedahs,if you don't,anytime they can turn you into a shia,they are very clever.And you should also remember that almost every practising shis have a strong anti sunni sentiment hidden in their mind.Don't listen what they say about their imams and ayatollahs.They will try to show you that shias are very anti american,but we must remember that the founder of this tagut is a Jew.
    Last edited by arif123f; 23-11-14, 05:15 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by amatullahniqabi View Post

i personally don't believe shia are non-muslims but it seems the logic for whether to disassociate from shia is similar to the logic used to disassociate from non-muslims, which has been debated by many scholars. allahu alim.
      Actually, the above ayah applies to convert shia and serious shia- they have indeed and are presently fighting Sunni Muslims for their "faith" and have driven many Sunnis from their homes and aid each other in expulsion and persecution of Sunnis. If a Shia is a serious practitioner, that they have and are engaging in this conduct, such as providing material assistance to militias who are fighting and killing Muslims.

Shia have this in their legacy- to wage war on Sunnis under the impression that ahlil Sunnah killed al Hussein (rah) and all Sunnis are guilty and followers of Bani Ummayah.

The real question is whether the Shia woman is only Shia because her parents and family are, or is she a truly devout deviant?
      Allahumma, aranee al haqqu haqqan wa arzuqnee itiba`ahu, wa aranee al baatilu baatilaan wa arzuqnee ijtinaabahu.Oh Allah! show us the truth as true, and inspire us to follow it. Show us falsehood as falsehood, and inspire us to abstain from it.
      " Do you know what destroys Islam? A mistake made by a scholar, the argument of a hypocrite in writing and the ruling of leaders who wish for people to stray

Comment

salaams to all

i notice that theres a few members who seem to think its OK to be friends with Shias
        as long as its for "dawah purposes"

before any muslim can ever think of giving dawah to a Shia, we should check how much are we practicing on deen ourselves

its ONLY those who are PIOUS who can be considered fit to give dawah to non muslims

if anyone wishes for their words of advice to have an effect, then they should have at least these 2 qualities:
        -they must be sincere
        - they must be proper, practicing, pious muslims themselves

otherwise its like the blind leading the blind

spend more time in the company of the ulama & u will understand what i say

and Allah ta'ala knows best
        jazakallah
        Sufyaan Thawri "Whoever is very popular with his relations and neighbours, we suspect him to be compromising in preaching the true teachings of religion."
        very good site for English bayaans in MP3 format-check it out- u wont be disappointed: http://www.musjidnoor.za.net/index.html & http://alhaadi.org.za/majlis-program...downloads.html

Comment

You are allowed to be friends with Non-Muslims ( Hindus, Christians and Jews ). So Whether Shia's are Muslims or not you can be friend with them.

Comment

Originally posted by UzairAhmed View Post
            You are allowed to be friends with Non-Muslims ( Hindus, Christians and Jews ). So Whether Shia's are Muslims or not you can be friend with them.
            The Quran and Sunnah suggest otherwise. Show me the evidence that befriending the kuffar is permissible.
            "When a man sees the road as long he weakens in his walk." Ibn Qayyim

Comment

Originally posted by islamuslim View Post
              :salams

I'm pretty sure it's not allowed, I just needed clarification.

A friend of mine asked me if it's allowed to be friends with Shias cause her family has been really close to a family of Shias since she was very small. Apparently, her friends house has pictures of their imams on the wall and they call them their 'prophets'. Also, on the 10th of muharram, her friends father goes to a Shia masjid and tortures himself there with the other Shia men. So I guess this family is a practicing Shia family.

My friend was like we don't talk about religion we just chat about random stuff, I said that since they are practicing Shias I'm pretty sure you can't befriend them cause they're not considered proper muslims, right? And then she was like then how come we're friends with non muslims and I told her we can't be friends with them either cause Allah says in the Quran do not take my enemies as your friends.

Now she is confused, you see she doesn't really come from a 'practicing' family so this kind of hard for her to take in.

How am I supposed to convince her without making her..idk..have wrong thoughts about islam? I feel she will start to have weird thoughts from shaytan cause her iman is not strong.

Also, how can I convince her to start praying, she said she knows it's wrong to not pray and she does feel guilty but because her family doesn't pray either, it's difficult for her.

Jazakumullahu Khair in advance
              Simple answer, you can be kind and good to disbelievers, but cannot consider them as your friend. A friend is someone you trust, you must not trust disbelievers, as Allah (swt) says,
              008:073 Khan

:And those who disbelieve are allies to one another, (and) if you (Muslims of the whole world collectively) do not do so (i.e. become allies, as one united block with one Khalifah - chief Muslim ruler for the whole Muslim world to make victorious Allah's Religion of Islamic Monotheism), there will be Fitnah (wars, battles, polytheism, etc.) and oppression on earth, and a great mischief and corruption (appearance of polytheism).

Comment

Originally posted by Musbah View Post
                The Quran and Sunnah suggest otherwise. Show me the evidence that befriending the kuffar is permissible.

Showing Kindness to disbelievers
                “Allah does not forbid you from showing kindness and dealing justly with those who have not fought you due to your faith or driven you out of your homes. Allah loves those who deal justly. Allah only forbids you from those people that fought you because of your faith, drove you out of your homes and helped in your expulsion, that you take them as intimate associates. And whosoever takes them as intimate associates, then it is they who are the wrongdoers.” [al-Quran, 60:8-9]

Muslims men are allowed to marry CERTAIN Jews and Christians so if you are not allowed to be friendly then how can you even marry?

"This day are (all) things good and pure made lawful unto you. The food of the People of the Book [Jews and Christians] is lawful unto you and yours is lawful unto them. (Lawful unto you in marriage) are (not only) chaste women who are believers, but chaste women among the People of the Book, revealed before your time,- when ye give them their due dowers, and desire chastity, not lewdness, nor secret intrigues if any one rejects faith, fruitless is his work, and in the Hereafter he will be in the ranks of those who have lost (all spiritual good). (The Noble Quran, 5:5)"

This is from Brother Bassam Zawadi, Source http://www.call-to-monotheism.com/ca..._disbelievers_
                Can I be friends with the disbeliever in the sense that he is not my enemy (as a war combatant let's say) and that I can hold peace treaties with him? The answer to that is a yes.

Can I be friends with the disbeliever in the sense that I can hang around with him by going out for dinner, picnics, etc. and be his close companion? The answer to that is a no, except under certain conditions. However, this is not something that is discriminatory to disbelievers. It can also be applied to Muslims as well.

The Prophet (peace be upon him) is telling us that we should not be friends or companions of people that can have a negative influence upon our faith. If a person wants to be friends with a non-Muslim then this should only be done out of necessity. For instance, if you have a Non-Muslim friend who you meet and constantly have interfaith dialogues with and your intention is to bring him to Islam then there is nothing wrong with this. If you have a Non-Muslim friend whom you have to meet outside for any important matters (e.g. work related) then again there is no problem with this.

However, if you simply just want to hang around with a non-Muslim while there is no necessity for doing so then this is prohibited. The reason for this is because it could have a negative impact upon your faith. Just think about what things you would be doing with this individual. You are not working on anything important with him nor are you talking about religion. So what are you doing then? If you are wasting your time going out to the movies, picnics, etc. with this person then there is a big chance that you would be committing sins, since he does not believe that everything that is haram for you is also haram for him.

Also, over time your heart might soften too much for the person that you may begin to disbelieve that Allah could possibly place such a person in Hell fire. To have such a belief is kufr. Thus, it is advised to avoid these kinds of friendships in order to protect one's faith.

I must also stress on the fact that this same logic applies to Muslims as well. It is forbidden for you to be friends with a non-practicing Muslim who could negatively influence you in regards to practicing your faith. I would associate with a non-Muslim who is willing to speak about matters of faith rather than associate with a Muslim who drinks alcohol and wants to drag me down to his level as well.

Comment

Showing kindness is one thing, befriending is another. So according to your logic, if Muslim men are allowed to marry the People of the Book, then that makes it ok to befriend them. But I guess that excludes Muslim women from doing the same since they cannot marry People of the Book.

http://islamqa.info/en/59879

http://islamqa.info/en/2179

http://islamqa.info/en/21530

Comment

Showing kindness is one thing, befriending is another. So according to your logic, if Muslim men are allowed to marry the People of the Book, then that makes it ok to befriend them. But I guess that excludes Muslim women from doing the same since they cannot marry People of the Book.

http://islamqa.info/en/59879

http://islamqa.info/en/2179

http://islamqa.info/en/21530
                    I Knew it you are going to misquote the verses like haters of Islam do. The verse which your site uses are

Quran 5:51

One explanation is that this is referring to the hypocrites: 'Oh ye who believe outwardly', and that they used to assist the polytheists and tell them about the secrets of the Muslims. Al Suddi said that this verse came down during the Battle of Uhud when Muslims were afraid that they were going to lose the battle and wanted to ally themselves with the Jews and Christians. (See Abu 'Abdullah Al-Qurtubi, Tasfir al Jami' li-ahkam al-Qur'an, Commentary on Surah 5:51

Ibn Abbas said:

(Thou seest many of them) many of the hypocrites (making friends with) by seeking their assistance and help (those who disbelieve) Ka'b and his followers; it is also said that this means: you see many Jews, such as Ka'b and his followers, making friends with the disbelievers, the disbelievers of Mecca, Abu Sufyan and his followers, (surely ill for them is that which they themselves send on before them) in their state of Judaism and hypocrisy: (that Allah will be wroth with them and in the doom they will abide) never to die or be removed. (If they) i.e. the hypocrites (believed in Allah) genuinely believed in Allah (and the Prophet) Muhammad (and that which is revealed unto him) i.e. the Qur'an, (they would not choose them) i.e. the Jews (for their friends) seeking their assistance and help. (But many of them) from among the people of the Book (are of evil conduct) they are hypocrites. It is also said that this means: if the Jews genuinely believed in Allah, and in Allah's divine Oneness, and believed in the Prophet (pbuh) and that which was revealed to him, i.e. the Qur'an, they would not have taken Abu Sufyan and his followers for friends, seeking their assistance and help. Nonetheless, many among the people of the Book are disbelievers.

Surah 60:13

These verses are just simply telling us not to support those who fight us and to assist the disbelievers against the Muslims:

(O ye who believe!) referring here to 'Abdullah Ibn Ubayy and his fellow believers (Be not friendly) i.e. seeking their help and assistance and divulging to them the secrets of the Prophet (pbuh) (with a folk with whom Allah is wroth) twice; this refers to the Jews when they said: "Allah's Hand is uptight" and again when they disbelieved in Muhammad (pbuh) ((a folk) who have despaired of the Hereafter) who have despaired of the bliss of Paradise (as the disbelievers) the disbelievers of Mecca (despair of those who are in the graves) i.e. of the return of the people of the graves; and it is also said that this means: of the questioning of Munkar and Nakir; and it is also said this means: do not be friendly with a folk with whom Allah is wroth, but rather be of those who glorify Allah and pray to Him.'

Surah 3:28

Imam Tabari says in his commentary of this verse that this means that we should not go around supporting the disbelievers in their religion and that we should support ours. Allah will make Himself innocent from those that apostatize from Islam. (Ibn Jarir al-Tabari, Jami' al-bayan fi ta'wil al-Qur'an, Commentary on Surah 3:28,

Comment

We come to conclusion that there is no problem in becoming friends with non-muslims the verses which talks about "Take not the disbelievers as friend" are applied to those non-muslims who are against Islam and are the enemies of Islam and the Quran tells us to only Support Islam when we are in this kind of situation and we should not take the help and protection of those non-muslims who are against us and have hate for Islam. Unfortunately not only haters of Islam such as Christian missionaries have misconception but even some Muslims have this misconception regarding becoming friends with disbeliever.

Comment

I didn't misquote anything. I gave you the fatawas of scholars in the links. If you desire to be friends with the kuffar then go ahead. I will keep my deen safe from such fitnah.

Comment

What about the commentaries which i gave? huh?

Comment

Originally posted by UzairAhmed View Post
                            What about the commentaries which i gave? huh?

Comment

I didn't misquote anything. I gave you the fatawas of scholars in the links. If you desire to be friends with the kuffar then go ahead. I will keep my deen safe from such fitnah.
                              So you want to say shias are Kafirs , that is the reason we should not be friend them ? Am I right ?

Comment

Your friend needs to first start praying. We will be questioned about that first than whether or not it was permissible to befriend shias.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                                X