Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can i post pictures of my self on social media ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can i post pictures of my self on social media ?

I Was just wondering cause i have my pictures up on some social media. The only people who can see my pictures are the people i follow, some of which whom i do not know.

Can i post pictures of my self on social media ?

Don't do it.
    اللهُمَّ أَعِزَّ الإِسْلامَ وَالمُسْلِمِينَ

Comment

Re: Can i post pictures of my self on social media ?

If Non-Mahram can see it, then don't put it online.
      A Fast Growing Islamic Search Website -

www.Searching-Islam.com

Comment

Originally posted by Mchoodo View Post
        I Was just wondering cause i have my pictures up on some social media. The only people who can see my pictures are the people i follow, some of which whom i do not know.
        If you're covered, use your discretion. If you're uncovered, then if ghayr mahram can see it don't put it up.

Comment

Social Media isn't private. so do NOT' do it In sha Allah.
          Secure few moments, everyday, to reflect upon the innumerable blessings of Allah and thank Him for bestowing them upon you.

"A person who is blessed with the ability to be grateful, shall never be deprived of barakah and increase in blessings."
          - Rasulullah (صلی اللہ علیہ وسلم)‎

Comment

Allah's Messenger ï·º said, "Allah said, 'O son of Adam! Spend, and I shall spend on you."

https://www.crisisaid.org.uk/appeals/yemen/

Comment

:salams

No. :)
              [SIZE=4][COLOR="#FF0000"][FONT=Book Antiqua][CENTER][B][URL="http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthread.php?459504-Immensely-rewarding-dhikr!!!&highlight="]IMMENSELY REWARDING DHIKR!!![/URL][/B][/CENTER][/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE]

[FONT=Book Antiqua][SIZE=4][COLOR="#2F4F4F"][CENTER]Before you post, think..."Will this help me when I stand before Allah?" If it doesn't, then you're wasting time....[/CENTER][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

Comment

would the same ruling be aplied to men also?

Comment

Originally posted by noobz View Post
                  would the same ruling be aplied to men also?
                  Good question
                  Allah's Messenger ï·º said, "Allah said, 'O son of Adam! Spend, and I shall spend on you."

https://www.crisisaid.org.uk/appeals/yemen/

Comment

I Think man are allowed.

But Remember there is Hijab for men too!

Comment

Originally posted by Mchoodo View Post
                      If you put them up, third party companies also share and communicate the data. Once you put up a picture, its difficult to take them off. Once, I found someone in the other side of the world use my facebook picture, which was weird.

Comment

Originally posted by .mirror. View Post
                        Social Media isn't private. so do NOT' do it In sha Allah.
                        If you've taken all the precautions necessary to lock down your stuff then it's as private as your home, someone can still break in and see you in your home, but they're not allowed to and you've locked all the doors and windows.

Comment

Originally posted by brothernd View Post
                          If you put them up, third party companies also share and communicate the data. Once you put up a picture, its difficult to take them off. Once, I found someone in the other side of the world use my facebook picture, which was weird.
                          Report that page immediately, it's a fake account which means it's probably being used for some nasty stuff

Comment

JazakAllahu khair habibi, this happened a couple of years ago. I reported it right away : )

Comment

Originally posted by Abdur-Razzaq View Post
                              If you're covered, use your discretion. If you're uncovered, then if ghayr mahram can see it don't put it up.
                              I like this answer. Some opinions in Islam forbid the taking of pictures in the first place. If you do not follow that opinion use your own discretion. It is true there are potential consequences for posting pictures online, that's why if you do you should be cautious. This is also the reason I chose not to post pictures online and I am a male. I don't believe sex should make a difference

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X