Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Quran : Contradiction / Misinterpretation ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quran : Contradiction / Misinterpretation ?

Salam everybody, I have some questions that plague my mind and I come here to find answer.
    So that are my questions :

I do not understand why this verse say that :
    2 : 214 "Or think you that you will enter Paradise without such (trials) as came to those who passed away before you? They were afflicted with severe poverty and ailments and were so shaken that even the Messenger and those who believed along with him said, "When (will come) the Help of Allah?" Yes! Certainly, the Help of Allah is near!"

and this say that :
    2:286 "...Our Lord! Punish us not if we forget or fall into error, our Lord! Lay not on us a burden like that which You did lay on those before us (Jews and Christians); our Lord! Put not on us a burden greater than we have strength to bear...".
    Is it a contradiction, I know that no but...why ?
    ---------------------------

With all islamists movements, I askes myself many questions on the punishments, because in the surah of "the light" the punishment of flogging is almost not applicable (4 witnesses) so what God sayd that we need to be hardest in the sentence (furthermore that God is supposed to be merciful ?) if the sentence is not supposed to be applicable ?
    24:2"...Let not pity withhold you in their case, in a punishment prescribed by Allah, if you believe in Allah and the Last Day..."
    And this is where I'm said how much horrible is it the punishments of crucifixion, cut off the hands and feet prescribed !!

Thanks to all :D !

Re: Quran : Contradiction / Misinterpretation ?

Originally posted by Ahmed900 View Post
    Salam everybody, I have some questions that plague my mind and I come here to find answer.

2 : 214 "Or think you that you will enter Paradise without such (trials) as came to those who passed away before you? They were afflicted with severe poverty and ailments and were so shaken that even the Messenger and those who believed along with him said, "When (will come) the Help of Allah?" Yes! Certainly, the Help of Allah is near!"

and this say that :
    2:286 "...Our Lord! Punish us not if we forget or fall into error, our Lord! Lay not on us a burden like that which You did lay on those before us (Jews and Christians); our Lord! Put not on us a burden greater than we have strength to bear...".

With all islamists movements, I askes myself many questions on the punishments, because in the surah of "the light" the punishment of flogging is almost not applicable (4 witnesses) so what God sayd that we need to be hardest in the sentence (furthermore that God is supposed to be merciful ?) if the sentence is not supposed to be applicable ?
    24:2"...Let not pity withhold you in their case, in a punishment prescribed by Allah, if you believe in Allah and the Last Day..."
    And this is where I'm said how much horrible is it the punishments of crucifixion, cut off the hands and feet prescribed !!

Thanks to all :D !
    The Hadud punishments are firmly established. Believing in them are obligatory and questioning them is deviation. Get yourself a good tafsir for explanations of ayats of the Quran.
    "When a man sees the road as long he weakens in his walk." Ibn Qayyim

Comment

Originally posted by Musbah View Post
      The Hadud punishments are firmly established. Believing in them are obligatory and questioning them is deviation. Get yourself a good tafsir for explanations of ayats of the Quran.

Comment

As Salamu Alaikum wa Rahmatullah Barakatu,

There are no contradictions in the Quran. It is only your flawed reasoning that is giving you problems. You need to ask a scholar if you are having doubts and concerns about these misunderstandings you have having.
        "When a man sees the road as long he weakens in his walk." Ibn Qayyim

Comment

Interesting. I'm not in the position to Google for more research but if someone else can clarify it? :)

Comment

and this say that :

Wa'alaykumsalam

Your question is unclear. Could you please rephrase it or clarify your view on its contradiction ? How is it contradicting when the first posted verse is talking about 'tests and trials' from Allah and the second one is a dua' to Allah.

What is wrong with that ?

Know that, with the occurrence of severe aggression, there should be a penalty for 'justice'. With no justice, it would undermine the concept of 'mercy'.

For example, if a person commits a murder, and there was no divine prescribed punishment for the murderer, how is that 'merciful' towards the murdered and their family, it would also be an 'injustice' towards them ? Would you pity the murderer ? What if he murders or do worst to your own wife ? You would like hadd punishment to be established now don't you ?

Do you think that the sharia law is shallow ? Do you think that if I stole a candy, my hands must be cut off ? Do you think that if I slap you, I must be crucified ?

The punishment of crucifixion, execution, mutilation etc are in case of severe crimes like murder, rape etc.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
            X