Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Burial of Dead

:salams:

In Islam, we bury the deceased instead of cremation. What happens though when we run out of places to bury the deceased? I don't think we can 'reuse' the grave of another deceased person?

:jkk:
    Life's actually pretty simple: you just have to enjoy it, pray, do good, refrain from bad, and respect others. Being Muslim is not a disadvantage or an advantage - it's a responsibility.
    "So patiently persevere: for verily the promise of Allah is true" (Qur'an, Surah Ar-Rum - 30:60)

Re: Burial of Dead

Originally posted by starrynight11 View Post
    :salams:

In Islam, we bury the deceased instead of cremation. What happens though when we run out of places to bury the deceased? I don't think we can 'reuse' the grave of another deceased person?

Run out of place ? hmmm never thought this could happen.

Well, in that case of necessity, we can re-use a grave on a condition that the deceased person of that grave turns to dust. Not even a bone should remain, in order to re-use it. Alternatively, in case of necessity, two or three deceased persons could be buried under one grave.

Comment

Originally posted by علي بن عبد الله View Post
      Run out of place ? hmmm never thought this could happen.

Well, in that case of necessity, we can re-use a grave on a condition that the deceased person of that grave turns to dust. Not even a bone should remain, in order to re-use it. Alternatively, in case of necessity, two or three deceased persons could be buried under one grave.
      :jkk:, Akhi.

How do you know if the body and bones of the deceased person have turned to dust? Do you dig up their graves and check?

For the second option, I guess you would dig up the soil and add another coffin into the same grave? If you do that, you would also have to change the gravestone to include the name of the new addition to the same grave, as well, right?
      Life's actually pretty simple: you just have to enjoy it, pray, do good, refrain from bad, and respect others. Being Muslim is not a disadvantage or an advantage - it's a responsibility.
      "So patiently persevere: for verily the promise of Allah is true" (Qur'an, Surah Ar-Rum - 30:60)

Comment

:jkk:, Akhi.

How do you know if the body and bones of the deceased person have turned to dust? Do you dig up their graves and check?
        Yes. Note that it takes decades (around 8 or so) for it to turn to dust, hence the date of burial, local knowledge etc has to kept in mind before digging up just any other graves.

For the second option, I guess you would dig up the soil and add another coffin into the same grave? If you do that, you would also have to change the gravestone to include the name of the new addition to the same grave, as well, right?
        Coffin ? ermm no, we muslims don't put coffins in the grave. Its just the shrouded body that goes in. Yeah you can add another marker, not an issue.

Comment

I see.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
          X