X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• raze599
    replied
    Re: Injeel and the holy standard of the law

The Quran does not say believe in the Bible 100% or the Torah 100%. The Quran says God sent down those books also however they became corrupted over time via additions, deletions, changes etc

Whatever is in the Bible that matches the Quran, then we accept that bit. Whatever is in the Bible that goes against the Quran, we reject that bit. Whatever is in the Bible that the Quran stays silent on, we neither accept nor reject we can just use it as possible extra information.

Leave a comment:

• careful
    started a topic Injeel and the holy standard of the law

Injeel and the holy standard of the law

Hello friends.
    Is it true that Islam teaches we can trust the Gospel record of Jesus' sayings as related to the law? If so, I am wondering how Islam reconciles certain aspects of Jesus' teaching about the law. The issue I am most concerned about has to do with what Jesus says concerning how a believer gets into Heaven. Namely, those sayings wherein Jesus raises the holy demands of the law higher than any man is capable of achieving.
    For instance, in Matthew chapter 5, Jesus is recorded as saying in verse 20,
    "I say unto you, that except your righteousness shall exceed the righteousness of the scribes and Pharisees, ye shall in no case enter into the kingdom of heaven."
    The Scribes and Pharisees were among the strictest, and most scrupulously law-abiding religious sects of Jesus' day. There was no higher standard of lawful observance and yet Jesus says even they shall in no case enter the kingdom of Heaven.
    But what about our righteous merits, and atoning works? How are such sayings reconciled with Muslim teaching?

Thank you and peace be upon you!

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
X