Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Misconception regarding islam

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Misconception regarding islam

    Assalamuallaikum

    I am a newbie here and one of my non-muslim friend ask me that "When Islam is against idol worship why do the Muslims worship, and bow down
    to the Kaaba in their prayer?" plz help me...Allah hafiz

  • #2
    Re: Misconception regarding islam

    :salams:

    The ka'ba is not an idol

    The reason why we bow to it is cause it is the dearest house of Allah. And because Allah told us to. I don't see how this has anything to do with idols though..
    Allah's Messenger ï·º said, "Allah said, 'O son of Adam! Spend, and I shall spend on you."

    https://www.crisisaid.org.uk/appeals/yemen/

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Misconception regarding islam

      Originally posted by islamuslim View Post
      :salams:

      The ka'ba is not an idol

      The reason why we bow to it is cause it is the dearest house of Allah. And because Allah told us to. I don't see how this has anything to do with idols though..
      If I may: if he is Christian, ask him why he visits the Holy Land, or Saint Peter's Basilica in Vatican, or why he genuflects in front of the Cross. Nothing to do with idols either. I think he's a bit lost in general: bowing or bending (or genuflecting) has been for centuries a sign of respect. A sign (like the Cross or the Sanctum) is not a living person, but it's not an idol!

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Misconception regarding islam

        Originally posted by mabaeyens View Post
        If I may: if he is Christian, ask him why he visits the Holy Land, or Saint Peter's Basilica in Vatican, or why he genuflects in front of the Cross. Nothing to do with idols either. I think he's a bit lost in general: bowing or bending (or genuflecting) has been for centuries a sign of respect. A sign (like the Cross or the Sanctum) is not a living person, but it's not an idol!
        Exactly.
        Allah's Messenger ï·º said, "Allah said, 'O son of Adam! Spend, and I shall spend on you."

        https://www.crisisaid.org.uk/appeals/yemen/

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Misconception regarding islam

          LOL Muslims do not worship Kaaba. Read this : http://www.answering-christianity.com/que11.htm

          Oh, and there's mentioned a Bible verse like this.... So they had Qibla as well!

          Psalm 138:2
          I will bow down toward Your holy temple and will praise Your name for Your love and Your faithfulness, for You have exalted above all things Your name and Your word.
          :GB_bonesrock:
          And all the heavens go their way.... And only change is here to stay...

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Misconception regarding islam

            It is a qibla, a direction we pray towards, not at.
            Allah is always watching [VIDEO]

            How To Weep For The Fear Of Allah

            Please remember to share these links with people you know so they can also benefit from them. :jkk:

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Misconception regarding islam

              Originally posted by raheem11 View Post
              Assalamuallaikum

              I am a newbie here and one of my non-muslim friend ask me that "When Islam is against idol worship why do the Muslims worship, and bow down
              to the Kaaba in their prayer?" plz help me...Allah hafiz
              salam

              At start Muslims were facing towards the Masjid Aqsa at Jerusalem. so do you mean they worshipped Masjid Aqsa before? So as per the order of Allah it was ordered to turn towards kaaba so it was done so. So its just a direction for Unity and Kaaba was the first house built on this Planet for the worship of Only one Creator ,Allah even before Abraham.And Prophet Abraham rebuilt it on its existing foundation left after the Prophet Noah's flood


              Hazrat Bilal used to climb on the kaaba for calling the adhan, So wasn't it a disrespect to do so as per your thoughts ? would the worshippers of kaaba will ever allow such an Insult ?

              Hope these points answers your question.
              My sect - No Sect

              My Aqeedah - http://legacy.quran.com/112 ( The Aqeedah of Sahabas)

              Just a Muslim

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Misconception regarding islam

                Assalamuallaikum 2 all members who are presented over here in this thread............

                Thanks 2 all for your logical replies... Well you know what I have seen an awesome answer in hindi just like yours at http://infoadda.byethost11.com/islam...a-kyu-karta-h/ website and I think you all should visited on this....

                Jazakallah khair.....
                Last edited by raheem11; 13-10-14, 12:35 PM.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: Misconception regarding islam

                  I still cannot believe individuals still think that praying towards the Ka'aba is idol worship. I mean, it is now the 21st century and there is a wealth of information that can be obtained through scholarly sources in the form of books and academic journals, but nope, majority remain ignorant. I'm glad your question was answered by the way. May Allah bless you all and to Him be eternal praises and glory.

                  Comment

                  Collapse

                  Edit this module to specify a template to display.

                  Working...
                  X