Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why do muslims believe that Muhammad is incapable of sinning?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Why do muslims believe that Muhammad is incapable of sinning?

Originally posted by SBL View Post
    I agree they are humans, special? I don't think you'll find they would agree with that. Spiritually evolved yes, but they come to earth in the same way every other human comes and that is imperfect. They were able to express a greater degree of spirituality than any other, and because of that they expressed the latent perfection that is in all of us.
    Prophets are perfect compared to other human beings. In matters of religion they are protected by Allah swt. As human they can make mistakes.

The perfection of Allah swt is far different , because you cannot compare Allah swt or his attributes with anyone.

Comment

Originally posted by Bismil View Post
      Prophets are perfect compared to other human beings. In matters of religion they are protected by Allah swt. As human they can make mistakes.

The perfection of Allah swt is far different , because you cannot compare Allah swt or his attributes with anyone.
      Thank you for your explanation, but it still doesn't make sense. No human can be perfect as perfection cannot be reached here on earth or in the next life either, only God is perfect. They may be more evolved/better than other humans, but they cannot be perfect. And I think they would be the first to say they were not perfect if you were to ask them!

Comment

Originally posted by SBL View Post
        Thank you for your explanation, but it still doesn't make sense. No human can be perfect as perfection cannot be reached here on earth or in the next life either, only God is perfect. They may be more evolved/better than other humans, but they cannot be perfect. And I think they would be the first to say they were not perfect if you were to ask them!
        All the prophets and Messengers were Human , and were prone to mistakes ( some scholars say even minor sins ) like other human beings . They were protected as far as revelations were concerned. Prophets never made mistakes regarding what was revealed to them and what did that mean.

As you mentioned they were better than other human beings and were like role models for us.

Comment

Originally posted by talibilm09 View Post

Prophet Muhammad and all other Prophets were the leaders for mankind and our Prophet was the best example as per the Quran and a very petty mistake of our Prophet, such as paying more attention to the leaders of Quraish and just getting frustrated to a blind man who was disturbing at that important moment of meeting with leaders is admonished by Allah in sura 80,shows not even a minor mistake of Prophet did not go without a rebuke. So all his mistakes have already been exposed immediately in the Noble Quran.

So his every action is followed by the Ummah and its a Sunnah a virtue. All the Duas he made is for teaching us not for himselves. Example he asked a Dua 'O Allah save me from Kufar & poverty' But at the same time he liked very much to live poor some times he was hungry even for 3 days so as you claim he prayed to forgive him is only to teach us how frequently we should pray for forgiveness when such the Noblest Soul still asked for forgiveness. Similarly when he was badly stonned on the Day of preaching at Taif he did not curse them but rebuked himself, his inability to convey his Message, Subhanallah such was his HUMILITY and the Most Noblest of Character.

Living a noble pure life as a Priest is not a great thing because there are no chances to sin but living with the society among bad people and temptations but still living a Pure life is the greatest act any human can do. Prophet lived in the worst society but lived a pure life even before and after Prophet hood still when Allah already guaranteed to wipe away all his sins past, present and the future. Once during the battle of Badr while arranging the rows Prophet mistakenly poked a soldiers stomach a little harder ordering to stand properly in the row on which the soldier got upset on seeing which Prophet removed his shirt immediately and asked that person to take revenge, Subhanallah where you could you find in the world such a King ? When Allah guaranteed him salvation already and to be the Prophet with converting the Uhud mountain into Gold but still be in the same status of Prophet hood he refused to choose that but prayed that he want to fill up his stomach one day and be hungry the next day so as to pray to his Lord, Allah swt. So it shows even if he did not pray for his forgiveness he will still have the same status and even as the richest man in the world but he opted the opposite.

Hope these few examples will make you understand why were those of his prayers of forgiveness from Allah swt.
          Bumped for Brother Serinity's Q.
          Last edited by talibilm09; 18-10-15, 07:25 AM.
          My sect - No Sect

My Aqeedah - http://legacy.quran.com/112 ( The Aqeedah of Sahabas)

Just a Muslim

Comment

Why follow a religion that has a person associated with God that has you all decieved about his sins?

If he lies to you about his sins and God is with him, does that make your god unholy?

For my God has a son Jesus that is perfect in holiness and nobody is confused of it.

PLUS there's gifts and extra abilities ( which I have recieved)

And your god has you confused about their own sins. Sheesh

Comment

There are no chances to sin as a priest?

Are you crazy?

Re-evaluate your religion because your priests are apparently "gods".

Comment

Originally posted by Johnjohnjohn View Post
                Why follow a religion that has a person associated with God that has you all decieved about his sins?

If he lies to you about his sins and God is with him, does that make your god unholy?

For my God has a son Jesus that is perfect in holiness and nobody is confused of it.

PLUS there's gifts and extra abilities ( which I have recieved)

And your god has you confused about their own sins. Sheesh
                no confusement at all; only the ignoramouses get confused

Prophet [saw] used to ask for forgiveness of his 'sins' and was asked by God to ask forgiveness of his sins out of humility and not that he actually sinned

Comment

Originally posted by Peace4mankind View Post
                  Prophet [saw] used to ask for forgiveness of his 'sins' and was asked by God to ask forgiveness of his sins out of humility and not that he actually sinned
                  Just to clarify: you believe that the passage in question was written by Mohammad, and not inspired by Allah.

In other words, you believe it was Mohammad's flawed idea to mistakenly ask for forgiveness. Therefore, that particular verse in the Koran was NOT inspired by Allah, because Allah knew Mohammad was perfect and sinless. Correct???

Comment

Originally posted by Reepicheep View Post
                    Just to clarify: you believe that the passage in question was written by Mohammad, and not inspired by Allah.

In other words, you believe it was Mohammad's flawed idea to mistakenly ask for forgiveness. Therefore, that particular verse in the Koran was NOT inspired by Allah, because Allah knew Mohammad was perfect and sinless. Correct???
                    no no no ... that verse was revealed by Allah; Allah told Muhammad [saw] to repent for his sins for two reasons; 1, to set example for us and show us the way, and 2, as repenting for sins is being humble; it is us thinking we are sinners [even if we did not commit any sin] that makes us humble thus we repent for it
                    Last edited by Peace4mankind; 25-10-15, 09:18 PM.

Comment

no no no ... that verse was revealed by Allah...
                      At the time Allah told Mohammad to repent of his sins, was Allah aware that Mohammad was perfect and sinless? Was Mohammad himself aware that he was perfect and sinless?

Comment

Originally posted by Reepicheep View Post
                        At the time Allah told Mohammad to repent of his sins, was Allah aware that Mohammad was perfect and sinless? Was Mohammad himself aware that he was perfect and sinless?
                        hmm you dont seem to get it ... considering oneself as a sinner is more in line with being humble as thinking one is perfect is arrogant thus even the sinless people in islam think themselves as sinners and accordingly they repent for their sins; surely that can't be too hard to understand?

Comment

What if the greatness of Allah subhana wa ta'ala is so great that he had to ask for forgiveness for his short comings.
                          and/or Muhammad sallallahu alayhi wasallam was providing an example for mankind to make it a habit to ask for forgiveness.

I've got no links to back this up but to me seems reasonable but then again I am limited in knowledge therefore what do I know?

Comment

hmm you dont seem to get it ... considering oneself as a sinner is more in line with being humble as thinking one is perfect is arrogant thus even the sinless people in islam think themselves as sinners and accordingly they repent for their sins; surely that can't be too hard to understand?
                            You are saying that Mohammad falsely believed that he was a sinner who needed forgiveness. Correct?

Comment

Originally posted by slowlight View Post
                              What if the greatness of Allah subhana wa ta'ala is so great that he had to ask for forgiveness for his short comings.
                              and/or Muhammad sallallahu alayhi wasallam was providing an example for mankind to make it a habit to ask for forgiveness.

I've got no links to back this up but to me seems reasonable but then again I am limited in knowledge therefore what do I know?

hmm you dont seem to get it ... considering oneself as a sinner is more in line with being humble
                              Yes , that's right that's why Allah swt called Prophet :saw: as the good example for us in his Noble Quran. http://legacy.quran.com/33/21

as thinking one is perfect is arrogant
                              That's How Satan thought he was too holy, better than Adam because he was made out of fire and thought he could misguide Adam (Mufti Menk)

thus even the sinless people in islam think themselves as sinners and accordingly they repent for their sins; surely that can't be too hard to understand?
                              All the children of Adam are sinners says the Hadith. The best one among them is the Sinner who repents. In Islam getting angry is haram , a big sin . How many people have never Got angry ? at all atleast even once with your wife, Parents, siblings, friends or at even beggars ? So you have to repent for that . How many times did you call others with a bad Nick Name ? thats a Sin . Did you qadha your Prayer ? that's big Sin. Did you downlook any of your Muslim brother ? its a big sin. Similarly there sins we commit everyday even without our knowledge externally and internally like jealousy, thakabur etc . Also we also have to thank Allah for his gifts of health, food etc etc. did you ? So you ask forgiveness every day.

But for the Status of Prophet Muhammad :saw: or any other Prophet even these simple mistakes are great sins for them .That's why Mr Deedat use to argue that Christians made Jesus a sinner when they say Jesus called his mother impolietly , and his peoples as snakes, vipers, you adulterous generations etc When Prophet :saw: used to worship through out the whole night with tears that made his legs swell on seeing this Aysha (ra) used to ask why should he worship sooo much when Allah had guaranteed to forgive all his past present sins at which Prophet Replied something like Should n't I become a thankful Servant to My Lord ?
                              Last edited by talibilm09; 29-10-15, 04:27 PM.
                              My sect - No Sect

My Aqeedah - http://legacy.quran.com/112 ( The Aqeedah of Sahabas)

Just a Muslim

Comment

Jesus was, is and will be perfect and never consider himself a sinner; if he did consider himself one just to be humble as u say Muhammad did, then he wouldn't be truthful which is really a sin. So what is your point for not answering Reepicheep's question?
                                Love God and love others

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                                X