Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why do muslims believe that Muhammad is incapable of sinning?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Why do muslims believe that Muhammad is incapable of sinning?

Originally posted by Dawah. View Post
    I agree with hatche, this was not at all fabricated. He was put through the tests and trials like any other prophet to test his patience, tolerance, and how he handles them, so that others (us) can look up to him and learn from it. A prophet can't sin AT ALL, they may make mistakes.

For example, Prophet Yunus (as) failed to tolerate his people's ignorance and taunts and hence left them on their own for azaab. This wasn't a sin he committed otherwise Allah swt would have called it one in the Quran. This was a mistake he made for which he repented in the belly of the whale. Prophet saw were about to or did little mistakes too for which Allah swt questioned him in the Quran very strictly (neglecting the blind Umm Maktoom, calling a honey/maghaafir haram on himself because his wives Hafsa as and Aisha as didn't like it etc) Let's not forget when Allah swt strictly told him, after the Battle of Uhd, to treat the companions justly even after the disobedience in Uhd, and keep them under discussions in the future. These aren't sins, but mistakes.

He was tested and put through trials to see if he'd waver; he was tested to attain honor and great rewards from Allah swt.

So in short, the hadith was not at all fabricated. Anas ibn Malik has reported this which was confirmed by Prophet saw as well; it's a sahih muslim hadith, kitaabul imaan, #162. You may verify it too.

عَنْ أَنَسِ بْنِ مَالِكٍ أَنَّ رَسُولَ اللَّهِ صَلَّى اللَّهُ عَلَيْهِ وَسَلَّمَ أَتَاهُ جِبْرِيلُ صَلَّى اللَّهُ عَلَيْهِ وَسَلَّمَ وَهُوَ يَلْعَبُ مَعَ الْغِلْمَانِ فَأَخَذَهُ فَصَرَعَهُ فَشَقَّ عَنْ قَلْبِهِ فَاسْتَخْرَجَ الْقَلْبَ فَاسْتَخْرَجَ مِنْهُ عَلَقَةً فَقَالَ هَذَا حَظُّ الشَّيْطَانِ مِنْكَ ثُمَّ غَسَلَهُ فِي طَسْتٍ مِنْ ذَهَبٍ بِمَاءِ زَمْزَمَ ثُمَّ لَأَمَهُ ثُمَّ أَعَادَهُ فِي مَكَانِهِ وَجَاءَ الْغِلْمَانُ يَسْعَوْنَ إِلَى أُمِّهِ يَعْنِي ظِئْرَهُ فَقَالُوا إِنَّ مُحَمَّدًا قَدْ قُتِلَ فَاسْتَقْبَلُوهُ وَهُوَ مُنْتَقِعُ اللَّوْنِ قَالَ أَنَسٌ وَقَدْ كُنْتُ أَرْئِي أَثَرَ ذَلِكَ الْمِخْيَطِ فِي صَدْرِهِ

162 صحيح مسلم كتاب الإيمان باب الإسراء برسول الله صلى الله عليه وسلم إلى السماوات وفرض الصلوات

Anas ibn Malik reported: Gabriel came to the Messenger of Allah, peace and blessings be upon him, when he was a child playing with his friends. He took hold of him and laid him on the ground, then he tore open his chest, took out his heart, and extracted a blood clot from it. Gabriel said, “This was the measure of Satan inside you.” Gabriel washed the heart with Zamzam water in a golden vessel and it was joined together and restored. The boys came running to his mother and said, “Muhammad has been murdered!” They rushed to Muhammad and found that he was alive and his color had changed. Anas said, “I myself saw the marks of the needle on his chest.”

Few other companions have reported to have seen the scar on his chest as well.
    So , you conclude that the capablity of doing sins is removed?

Comment

Originally posted by Bismil View Post
      No, that interpretation is false.

Comment

I agree with hatche, this was not at all fabricated. He was put through the tests and trials like any other prophet to test his patience, tolerance, and how he handles them, so that others (us) can look up to him and learn from it. A prophet can't sin AT ALL, they may make mistakes.

For example, Prophet Yunus (as) failed to tolerate his people's ignorance and taunts and hence left them on their own for azaab. This wasn't a sin he committed otherwise Allah swt would have called it one in the Quran. This was a mistake he made for which he repented in the belly of the whale. Prophet saw were about to or did little mistakes too for which Allah swt questioned him in the Quran very strictly (neglecting the blind Umm Maktoom, calling a honey/maghaafir haram on himself because his wives Hafsa as and Aisha as didn't like it etc) Let's not forget when Allah swt strictly told him, after the Battle of Uhd, to treat the companions justly even after the disobedience in Uhd, and keep them under discussions in the future. These aren't sins, but mistakes.

He was tested and put through trials to see if he'd waver; he was tested to attain honor and great rewards from Allah swt.

So in short, the hadith was not at all fabricated. Anas ibn Malik has reported this which was confirmed by Prophet saw as well; it's a sahih muslim hadith, kitaabul imaan, #162. You may verify it too.

عَنْ أَنَسِ بْنِ مَالِكٍ أَنَّ رَسُولَ اللَّهِ صَلَّى اللَّهُ عَلَيْهِ وَسَلَّمَ أَتَاهُ جِبْرِيلُ صَلَّى اللَّهُ عَلَيْهِ وَسَلَّمَ وَهُوَ يَلْعَبُ مَعَ الْغِلْمَانِ فَأَخَذَهُ فَصَرَعَهُ فَشَقَّ عَنْ قَلْبِهِ فَاسْتَخْرَجَ الْقَلْبَ فَاسْتَخْرَجَ مِنْهُ عَلَقَةً فَقَالَ هَذَا حَظُّ الشَّيْطَانِ مِنْكَ ثُمَّ غَسَلَهُ فِي طَسْتٍ مِنْ ذَهَبٍ بِمَاءِ زَمْزَمَ ثُمَّ لَأَمَهُ ثُمَّ أَعَادَهُ فِي مَكَانِهِ وَجَاءَ الْغِلْمَانُ يَسْعَوْنَ إِلَى أُمِّهِ يَعْنِي ظِئْرَهُ فَقَالُوا إِنَّ مُحَمَّدًا قَدْ قُتِلَ فَاسْتَقْبَلُوهُ وَهُوَ مُنْتَقِعُ اللَّوْنِ قَالَ أَنَسٌ وَقَدْ كُنْتُ أَرْئِي أَثَرَ ذَلِكَ الْمِخْيَطِ فِي صَدْرِهِ

162 صحيح مسلم كتاب الإيمان باب الإسراء برسول الله صلى الله عليه وسلم إلى السماوات وفرض الصلوات

Anas ibn Malik reported: Gabriel came to the Messenger of Allah, peace and blessings be upon him, when he was a child playing with his friends. He took hold of him and laid him on the ground, then he tore open his chest, took out his heart, and extracted a blood clot from it. Gabriel said, “This was the measure of Satan inside you.” Gabriel washed the heart with Zamzam water in a golden vessel and it was joined together and restored. The boys came running to his mother and said, “Muhammad has been murdered!” They rushed to Muhammad and found that he was alive and his color had changed. Anas said, “I myself saw the marks of the needle on his chest.”

Few other companions have reported to have seen the scar on his chest as well.
        I checked the hadeeth just now. there are several other hadeeth on this issue, but all of them are with the reference to Miraj and Isra , except this one.

Comment

No, that's not entirely what I meant. I quoted the hadith because you said it was fabricated.

Comment

No, that's not entirely what I meant. I quoted the hadith because you said it was fabricated.
            I was wrong , its not fabricated.

But , still the conclusion from there is not right.

Comment

PRophets DO not make misatkes and also we are not allowed to say they do unlike some here who think they can even minors Sins a DEFECT to Prophets Read the right books...... darm salafis giving wrong awnsers.

Also ibn TAYmiya is a idiot to think that Prophet can do minor sins Prophets are sinless, even from minors ones.

Read this bro you'll understand everything and i want you guys to read it too understand you are saying is completely wrong

http://www.islamiccentre.org/present.../aqeedah05.pdf
              Last edited by Memon123; 26-07-15, 07:57 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by masterridley View Post
                No, I'm an agnostic so trust me, it has nothing to do with Jesus. My intention is not to attack Islam either.

Rather my intention is to understand where this unsupported claim made by all four traditional (ie old) schools comes from. The Qur'an says that Muhammad is incapable of failing at conveying the Word of Allah correctly, but it is nowhere said that his personal life is perfect or indeed perfectly moral.

Everywhere I ask, I'm told "Muhammad is the perfect human being", "he's the most moral of all" etc. Yet no one knows where this is said, it is just something old guys centuries ago concluded. And we know those are not infallible either!!

I think it's very important cause it would mean that things that were very moral, even progressive, at the time of Muhammad (like treating your slaves well etc) are not moral today (eg slavery is not permitted at all).
                Hi, I'm not in a position to say whether or not the prophet (saw) did or did not commit sins, however I can say this, if he didn't ever commit a sin yet prayed for forgiveness it would of been to show us Muslims that where to follow him how to do it, we see him as the perfect role model and he led by example so would of had to teach us everything.. Therefore it's plausable that he may not of.... Other prophets have sinned and been forgiven, an example would be Adam (as) we all know the story there, I'm not sure whether it was Moses (as) who killed someone but you get the drift... I was led to believe it was Jesus (as) that was definitely sin free but cannot comment on anything else as I'm not fully educated in Islam yet..... We as humans are going to make mistakes, sin and do wrong as we are only human, however its repenting that makes it right again if done with sincerity... Hope this helped

Comment

Originally posted by Memon123 View Post
                  PRophets DO not make misatkes and also we are not allowed to say they do unlike some here who think they can even minors Sins a DEFECT to Prophets Read the right books...... darm salafis giving wrong awnsers.

Also ibn TAYmiya is a idiot to think that Prophet can do minor sins Prophets are sinless, even from minors ones.

Read this bro you'll understand everything and i want you guys to read it too understand you are saying is completely wrong

Brother, you're wrong.. Adam (as) was the 1st prophet and he made a mistake/s, also did not other prophets do wrong and repent to Allah swt?

Comment

Originally posted by Mick1002015 View Post
                    Brother, you're wrong.. Adam (as) was the 1st prophet and he made a mistake/s, also did not other prophets do wrong and repent to Allah swt?
                    Im surprised you even gave him the time of day!
                    I have left you on a clear path, its night is like its day. None stray from it except he is destroyed.

Comment

Originally posted by Memon123 View Post

Brother , you may say I do not agree with such and such points of Ibn Taymiyah , but calling him idiot is far fetched. Its ridiculous.

Comment

Brother , you may say I do not agree with such and such points of Ibn Taymiyah , but calling him idiot is far fetched. Its ridiculous.
                        And it is offensive, insulting other muslims is not allowed......

If he has a view 1 does not agree with then refute the view, and remain civilized about it...
                        Allah is always watching [VIDEO]

How To Weep For The Fear Of Allah

Please remember to share these links with people you know so they can also benefit from them. :jkk:

Comment

Originally posted by noobz View Post
                          he(sws) wasnt like every other human.
                          You denigrate and ridicule Christians for believing that Jesus is the son of God and yet you think Muhammad is like no other human?

Don't you see the irony in that?

Comment

Originally posted by SBL View Post
                            You denigrate and ridicule Christians for believing that Jesus is the son of God and yet you think Muhammad is like no other human?

None of the Prophets are like any other human beings, they are all blessed people, but that does not make them God....they are humans, just very special and blessed humans../.
                            Allah is always watching [VIDEO]

How To Weep For The Fear Of Allah

Please remember to share these links with people you know so they can also benefit from them. :jkk:

Comment

Originally posted by Mikha’eel View Post
                              None of the Prophets are like any other human beings, they are all blessed people, but that does not make them God....they are humans, just very special and blessed humans../.
                              I agree they are humans, special? I don't think you'll find they would agree with that. Spiritually evolved yes, but they come to earth in the same way every other human comes and that is imperfect. They were able to express a greater degree of spirituality than any other, and because of that they expressed the latent perfection that is in all of us.

Comment

Originally posted by SBL View Post

There is a difference between creator and created.

Allah swt is creator , where as prophets are created.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                                X