X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mikha’eel
    replied
    Re: i sinned, fortune teller , please help

Do tawbah from what you have done, and make sure you never do it again, and do plenty of good deeds, and beg Allah to forgive you.

Leave a comment:

• candyapple
    replied

Originally posted by hasan_ View Post
    Aslamalaykum brothers and sister

Well its summer and i have been bored i finished school early becuase all my exams were over (very important exams) , so i was on the internet one day and i ended on this website which has fortune tellers , pysics etc, and there was a free trial so i checked it out, and i proceeded for a reading , the woman told the future etc, i dont strongly belive it or anything ,

so recently i was reading u and someone had posted on the internet that the Prophet P.B.U.H said that anyone who goes to a fortune teller , will not have their prayer accepted for 40 days,

i have been doing many duas for my exams and for my grandma to get better, so i was wondering is it true, and will i be excused as i had no intention to sin , nor had any knowledge that fortune tellers should be avoided,

+ how do some fortune tellers get stuff right?, not that i care but like do they talk to jjinns etc?

thanks for any answers
    Narrated 'Aisha: The Prophet [salAllahu alayhe wassallam] said, "While the angels talk amidst the clouds about things that are going to happen on earth, the devils hear a word of what they say and pour it in the ears of a soothsayer as one pours something in a bottle, and they add one hundred lies to that (one word)." (Sahih Bukhari. Book #54, Hadith #508)

Leave a comment:

• -Ali-
    replied

I think you should really check out how Mentalists operate. Considering how they can get things equally [if not more] right than these guys [fortune-tellers], and they aren't supernatural, it's more rational to believe there is some [conscious or unconscious] trickery involved with fortune-tellers as well. Besides, no one can tell what's going to happen in the future except The Creator. It's retarded how bunch of "fortune-tellers" claims of telling the "future" yet can't do a damn thing to forestall future catastrophes and disasters.

Leave a comment:

• -Ali-
    replied

Read about Mentalists. It's all trickery, really. Besides that, there's some cognitive biases involved. I personally feel confirmation bias, selection bias, unconscious perception, self-fulfilling prophecy, illusory correlation among other cognitive limitations can explain away how they get things right. And let's not forget, even a broken clock is right twice a day.

Leave a comment:

• hasan_
    started a topic i sinned, fortune teller , please help

i sinned, fortune teller , please help

Aslamalaykum brothers and sister

Well its summer and i have been bored i finished school early becuase all my exams were over (very important exams) , so i was on the internet one day and i ended on this website which has fortune tellers , pysics etc, and there was a free trial so i checked it out, and i proceeded for a reading , the woman told the future etc, i dont strongly belive it or anything ,

so recently i was reading u and someone had posted on the internet that the Prophet P.B.U.H said that anyone who goes to a fortune teller , will not have their prayer accepted for 40 days,

i have been doing many duas for my exams and for my grandma to get better, so i was wondering is it true, and will i be excused as i had no intention to sin , nor had any knowledge that fortune tellers should be avoided,

+ how do some fortune tellers get stuff right?, not that i care but like do they talk to jjinns etc?

thanks for any answers

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
X