Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i sinned, fortune teller , please help

Aslamalaykum brothers and sister

Well its summer and i have been bored i finished school early becuase all my exams were over (very important exams) , so i was on the internet one day and i ended on this website which has fortune tellers , pysics etc, and there was a free trial so i checked it out, and i proceeded for a reading , the woman told the future etc, i dont strongly belive it or anything ,

so recently i was reading u and someone had posted on the internet that the Prophet P.B.U.H said that anyone who goes to a fortune teller , will not have their prayer accepted for 40 days,

i have been doing many duas for my exams and for my grandma to get better, so i was wondering is it true, and will i be excused as i had no intention to sin , nor had any knowledge that fortune tellers should be avoided,

+ how do some fortune tellers get stuff right?, not that i care but like do they talk to jjinns etc?

thanks for any answers

Re: i sinned, fortune teller , please help

Read about Mentalists. It's all trickery, really. Besides that, there's some cognitive biases involved. I personally feel confirmation bias, selection bias, unconscious perception, self-fulfilling prophecy, illusory correlation among other cognitive limitations can explain away how they get things right. And let's not forget, even a broken clock is right twice a day.

Comment

I think you should really check out how Mentalists operate. Considering how they can get things equally [if not more] right than these guys [fortune-tellers], and they aren't supernatural, it's more rational to believe there is some [conscious or unconscious] trickery involved with fortune-tellers as well. Besides, no one can tell what's going to happen in the future except The Creator. It's retarded how bunch of "fortune-tellers" claims of telling the "future" yet can't do a damn thing to forestall future catastrophes and disasters.

Comment

Originally posted by hasan_ View Post
        Aslamalaykum brothers and sister

Well its summer and i have been bored i finished school early becuase all my exams were over (very important exams) , so i was on the internet one day and i ended on this website which has fortune tellers , pysics etc, and there was a free trial so i checked it out, and i proceeded for a reading , the woman told the future etc, i dont strongly belive it or anything ,

so recently i was reading u and someone had posted on the internet that the Prophet P.B.U.H said that anyone who goes to a fortune teller , will not have their prayer accepted for 40 days,

i have been doing many duas for my exams and for my grandma to get better, so i was wondering is it true, and will i be excused as i had no intention to sin , nor had any knowledge that fortune tellers should be avoided,

+ how do some fortune tellers get stuff right?, not that i care but like do they talk to jjinns etc?

thanks for any answers
        Narrated 'Aisha: The Prophet [salAllahu alayhe wassallam] said, "While the angels talk amidst the clouds about things that are going to happen on earth, the devils hear a word of what they say and pour it in the ears of a soothsayer as one pours something in a bottle, and they add one hundred lies to that (one word)." (Sahih Bukhari. Book #54, Hadith #508)
        "If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor."

"Nothing protects the rights of the minority like the tyranny of the majority"

Comment

Do tawbah from what you have done, and make sure you never do it again, and do plenty of good deeds, and beg Allah to forgive you.
          Allah is always watching [VIDEO]

How To Weep For The Fear Of Allah

Please remember to share these links with people you know so they can also benefit from them. :jkk:

Comment

Working...
          X