Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• An inquiry into Romance and Islam

Greetings,

As I am not too terribly familiar with Islam besides what may be espoused in news or pop culture I can genuinely profess ignorance to it. It has never had a tantamount impact on my life besides the occasional friend that would be of Islamic faith. Recently though I met a young woman who is a Muslim. Myself on the other hand, I was raised Christianity, but no longer follow the tenets of the faith as I found too much inconsistency and falsehoods in it. I can still say my faith lies in the one true God. The God of Abraham, Isaac, and Joseph. I live my life as most righteous as I can, I talk to God on a daily basis. I am just not religious. I think many faiths have truth and wisdom to them and therefor I have yet to prescribe to one again.
    Apologies for the rant, I wanted to explain some background.
    This young woman, I've found to be of an inexplicable amazement. It's a crazy romanticized feeling that found out of some wild story of days past. But I feel that with her. Despite our different backgrounds, I feel in a way there has been a serendipity by God to allow such a collision of lives.
    My question is this...
    I would genuinely marry this woman, and spend the rest of my life with her and feel happy doing it. There are just certain whispers from God I feel cannot be denied.
    She comes from a very devout Muslim family though, and obviously there has been a difficulty of understand on that part.

As I can profess sincere ignorance, I've come here looking for some enlightenment, and hopefully guidance.

I thank you in advance.

Re: An inquiry into Romance and Islam

Here is what I know of this subject...

You cannot marry her unless you are a Muslim, even if you convert you must first ask her guardian for her hand in marriage(most likely her father). if you do not do this and marry her the marriage will be invalid and any acts committed after will be fornication.

I'm not a Muslim just spreading the info

if you have any more questions pm me..

I know quite a lot about their faith...

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
    X