Losing faith in Islam

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Losing faith in Islam

I am an 18 year old male from kerala,India.I am also a sufferer of social anxiety and depression.This illness also runs in my family.Due to this illness i rarely go to mosques to pray.I even avoid the friday prayer many times due to the anxiety...although i know that avoiding friday prayer is a great sin.My question is that I cannot attend the prayers in mosques due to my illness which allah has given to me from birth(i have inherited from my parents)...Will i be punished for this..??...Who should be blamed for this.....is it myself or my parents or.....??

Re: Losing faith in Islam

My relative is suffering from a sickness that keeps him confined to bed. Is it permissible for him to pray at home?.

Praise be to Allaah.

Firstly:

We ask Allaah to bless the sick Muslims with reward and healing. Undoubtedly the one who suffers sickness and bears it with patience, Allaah will expiate his sins thereby and raise him in status, because the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “There is nothing that befalls a believer, not even a thorn that pricks him, but Allaah will record for him thereby one hasanah (good deed) or will remove from him one sin.” Narrated by Muslim, 2572.

Secondly:

The sick person is excused from Jumu’ah prayer and from praying in congregation. What is meant by that is the kind of sickness which means that it is too difficult for the person to go and pray in the mosque. This is based on the following evidence:

1 – Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“So keep your duty to Allaah and fear Him as much as you can”

[al-Taghaabun 64:16]

2 – And He says (interpretation of the meaning):

“Allaah burdens not a person beyond his scope”

[al-Baqarah 2:286]

3 – And He says (interpretation of the meaning):

“No blame or sin is there upon the blind, nor is there blame or sin upon the lame, nor is there blame or sin upon the sick”

[al-Fath 48:17]

4 – The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “If I command you to do a thing then do as much of it as you can.” Agreed upon.

5 – And when the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) fell sick, he did not attend prayers in congregation, even though his house was beside the mosque.

6 – Ibn Mas’ood said: “There was a time when no one stayed away from the prayer except a hypocrite who was known for his hypocrisy or one who was sick…” Narrated by Muslim, 654

All of this evidence indicates that the sick person is spared the obligation to pray Jumu’ah and prayers in congregation.

See al-Sharh al-Mumti’, 4/438.

Shaykh ‘Abd al-‘Azeez ibn Baaz (may Allaah have mercy on him) said:

It is obligatory for Muslim men to pray in the mosque and increase the numbers of the Muslims, and to go out to the mosques (to pray), otherwise they will be resembling the hypocrites. Ibn Mas’ood said: “There was a time when no one stayed away from the prayer except a hypocrite who was known for his hypocrisy.”

The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) thought of burning down the houses of those who stayed away from the prayer.

So you and every Muslim who is able to must pray in the mosque; the Muslim is not allowed to pray at home unless he has a valid shar’i excuse such as sickness or fear. May Allaah help us all to follow His guidance.

End quote. From Majmoo Fataawa, vol. 12.

Source: http://islamqa.info/en/13406

Comment

If i was created to offer prayers to allah...why did he create me like this...he could have made me a normal person so that i could offer him prayers normally...

Comment

Asalamalikum ,

If a person leaves jummah for continuously for three weeks without valid reason (as stated by kh4n) he is out of Islam. But if a person leaves a single Obligatory prayer (out of 5) without valid reason ( mad, unconcious )he is gone to the door of kufar (as per hadith) A person must not leave fard prayer even he could not get up from his bed . he must do tayamum and pray with hand movements or anything more like sitting if Possible, because this is the ORDER of your creator, the owner of your SOUL.

kindly read this thread and see why cant we do it ?

http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthrea...t=#post5948304
        My sect - No Sect

My Aqeedah - http://legacy.quran.com/112 ( The Aqeedah of Sahabas)

Just a Muslim

Comment

Originally posted by nishanzulfi View Post
          If i was created to offer prayers to allah...why did he create me like this...he could have made me a normal person so that i could offer him prayers normally...
          Allah SWT tests us with different ways, sometimes with wealth or health or knowledge or other various trials, etc. You are facing the trials of health and you should make du'aa that Allah SWT cures your illness because Islam teaches us that there is no disease or illness in this Earth except that Allah SWT has made a cure for it.

Comment

If ur social anxiety disorder is stopping u from going to Masjid than just pray at home, you have a valid excuse, and clearly ur intention is you'd like to go, but can't, so perhaps Allah will reward you for that intention.
            Allah is always watching [VIDEO]

How To Weep For The Fear Of Allah

Please remember to share these links with people you know so they can also benefit from them. :jkk:

Comment

Allah ta'ala created everyone differently. We all differ in our strengths and weaknesses from each other, that's just the way it is- it should not be viewed as a reason to lose faith because it's beyond your current capabilities that you cannot carry your your ibadah in precisely the same way as everyone else. This is a trick of shaytan that plays with your mind by saying you cannot perfect your ibadah so you may as well give up the ibadah.

You just do the ibadah to the best of your ability, so if you can't go to mosque then you pray at home and pray that Allah ta'ala improves your situation.

Allah made you different in this way to test the strength of your faith. Read about Ayub (as) how he was a successful and pious man living a happy life with his wife and children but shaytan said maybe he is happy in his worship because he is blessed with a successful life so he decided to try and break Ayub's faith by putting him through a horrible ordeal, first by taking away his health and making him very sick for many years, then by killing his children and being rejected by his community because of his disease and in the end even his wife left him sick and all alone but his faith never waivered and he continued to persist in his belief in Allah (swt) until one day Allah blessed him by removing his sickness and restoring his family. In his life there is a lesson there for us so I suggest you read up on it.
              The Lyme Disease pandemic: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5u73ME4sVU

Comment

Prayers are important in Islam, however Islam is still much more than prayers in congregation.

You have to be honest with yourself and as much as possible take emotion out of the equation, should a personal matter like this really be causing you to question your faith in Allah (SWT) or Islam?

It is simply illogical. Everyone faces tests and trials, and its never easy, that is life. Islam provides us with the tools to navigate life, to deal best with our problems but at no point should we throw our hands up and just think its not worth it.

If you cannot read in congregation due to bad health, then simply pray at home.

InshAllah your condition improves.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                X