• aMuslimForLife
    replied
    Re: The Beauty of Sufism: The Path to Allah and His Love

bump

Leave a comment:

• aMuslimForLife
    replied

Shaykh Hafs Sayyidi Umar b Farid said, "Do not be among those with aimless studies since these undervalue the intellect and unsettle it. There is a knowledge beyond written transmission which is finer than the ultimate perception of sound intellects. I learned it from me and I took it from me. My self profited from my gift." (Darqawi Letters)

My Thoughts:

Concerning the statement, "There is a knowledge beyond written transmission which is finer than the ultimate perception of sound intellects." Imam Malik said, "Knowledge does not consist in narrating much. Knowledge is but a light that Allah places in the heart." (Sifat al Safwa Ibn Jawzi)

Leave a comment:

• NURUNalaNUR
    replied
    What is Tassawuf/"Sufism" - For the Mu'min sees with the Light of Allah SWT

Bismillahi Rahmani Rahim

Abi Said al Khudri (radiyAllahu 'anh) reported that Allah's Messenger Muhammad (saaws) said: "Fear the perception/DEEP INSIGHT (Firasa) of the believer for he sees with the Light of Allah the Almighty the Majestic." Then he read: "Surely! Therein is indeed a sign for the believers." (Surah al Hijr 15:77).

What is Islam ? What Is Iman ? Are there only those Pillars, without anything else in addition? So if there are, then those are the things which complete Islam and Iman; in a similar way as the structure of the house. In order for this house to be complete, pillars are not enough, you need the rest of materials to complete it.

So then, what is IHSAN? If the second Pillar of Islam - Salat has further and detailed explanation, which has also deeper meanings, explanations and Reality; then how can you object the same fact about Ihsan? The people who have earnestly strove to please Allah SWT, the real Jihad of the Sahaba (ra) and following their footsteps and Prophet Muhammad (saaws), they are those who have come to the conclusions of deeper meanings of Ihsan.

They’ve come to a level through the Mercy and Love of Allah SWT to understand the details that complete the construction of Ihsan. In other words its branches and fruits, not just the trunk. This is the same as the Schools of Madhab, Fiqh and their founders. They are people who have come to conclusions through their knowledge and experience, compiling and completing the structure of Islam while on the other side the people of Jihad, meaning the people of struggle in the way of Allah SWT with their lives and wealth, just like the Sahaba (ra) struggled before and after Hijra; compiled and completed the structure of Iman and Ihsan.

These are the people who we call today Sufi, however, we now rarely see any true reflection of those true traditional Sufis. They’ve arrived at the deepest level and meaning of Tawhid,. They are people who struggled throughout their lives, sacrificing themselves for Allah SWT with their lives and wealth, with great struggle, and this is Tawhid. For them, this world and its pleasures was a great zero, and people in their eyes were just weak unable creatures of Allah SWT completely dependant, and contentment with Allah SWT and His Pleasure was their main goal and struggle. Their love for Allah SWT could not be matched with anyone else, and their actions and lives speak to this. Allah SWT was on top, the Number One; everything else came second to them, just as Allah SWT decreed it to be. Believe it or not, these people are part of the Salaf, and the true followers of the Salaf. In the true Sufis you will find the only true reflection of the Prophet Muhammad’s (saaws) Sunnah and Sahaba (ra).

There are those who think that they imitate them, who have not followed the same pathway as the true Sufi, so you will see such people often lacking of understanding and struggle; their life is not based on the same basics as it was for the true Sufis. Do not look at them to judge Sufis and Tassawuf, but look at those Sufis, who are a reflection of the Sahaba (ra). But not all can recognize this, except those who follow the pathway of the Salaf in its truest sense and meaning. You need to live the Sunna which is living the practical life of Prophet Muhammad (saaws) and his Sahaba (ra), in order to understand them and the Salaf. This does not mean just eating, drinking, walking etc. It means you struggle for Allah SWT and His Closeness in a similar way, even if you live in the so called “modern” world, to such a degree that trials start to hit you from different directions in life, but you keep struggling in Allah’s Way while pleading Allah SWT to guide people to Islam and doing Da’wah with your MANNERS and Actions mainly. Once you do this, your life starts to reflect similarly to that of Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) and Sahaba(ra), and eventually a deeper knowledge from Allah SWT starts to come to you, and this is Allah’s NUR. This means, your actions but also life starts to comply with those of Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) and Sahaba (ra), and this is how you’ll know the Reality of the Salaf after them and the Sufi’s Beauty and Reality. It is very difficult to know who’s a true Sufi and follower of Salaf otherwise.

Islam is very deep, extraordinary in every single praiseworthy way. There are still pearls to be found, much more than what we have now, although much has been corrupted due to colonization. What those wonderful people of Allah SWT found, is only a glimpse of Islam’s Deep Reality.

Say, `If every ocean became ink for (recording) the words and creation of my Lord, surely, the oceans would be spent up before the words and creation of my Lord came to an end, even if we brought to add (therewith) as many more (oceans). Say, `I am but a human being like you. It has been revealed to me that your God is only One God. So let him who hopes to meet his Lord do deeds of righteousness and let him associate no one in the worship of his Lord. (The Qur’an ‘Azim, Sura Kahf (18)-109-110)

The seed of Islam was put by the Prophet Muhammad (saaws), this was his mission, and so, that tree grew and bears its fruits up to this day until Judgment Day. It will continue to give fruits until the End of Time.

If you want to understand this matter about Ihsan, Islam and Tawhid in general, then look at the tree, from its beginning up to its end. At the beginning there is just one small seed, but grows into a magnificent creation bearing wonderful fruits with wonderful taste. Seeing and tasting those fruits is not the same. This means that Islam is being more and more discovered and proven with facts and Certainty, by people who’ve come to know its Reality through knowledge, struggle and experience in life, in the same way as the tree, starts with a seed but grows and bears fruits later on. So do not object when you hear things sounding “new”, things beyond your present comprehension. Ihsan has a lot of meanings which does not sound clear until lived and practiced, you should be aware of that. Tassawuf is teaching you how to do that and come to Ihsan’s reality. [/
    SIZE]

IHSAN and Tassawuf is about practice and acts, it is Jihad – Struggle for Allah SWT in His Way; it wants actions that mainly are internal, words are only its manuals and basics. If you want to understand Ihsan, get into work, because Tassawuf is “Building Iman and Tawhid to reach the perfection of Ihsan”.

Muhammad is the Messenger of Allah, and those who are with him are hard on the disbelievers (i.e. those who refuse and fight Islam eagerly), but compassionate, merciful among themselves; you will see them bowing down in Ruku, prostrating themselves in Sajdah, seeking grace from Allah, and (His) good pleasure; their distinguishing feature is on their faces from the effect of Sajdah (prostration). This is their description in the Torah; and their description in Injil is: like a sown crop that brings forth its shoot, then makes it strong, then it grows thick and stands straight on its stem, looking good to the farmers; so that He may enrage the disbelievers through them (with their Iman, knowledge and actions for Allah). Allah has promised forgiveness and a huge reward to those of them who believe and do good deeds. Sura Fath (48):29
    Last edited by NURUNalaNUR; 21-07-14, 11:52 PM.

Leave a comment:

• aMuslimForLife
    replied

Originally posted by Bilal el View Post
    When u say u can't conform this nor deny it do u mean that u can't conform/deny that it is a practice or that can can get forgiveness fthrough the whirling Brother I ask with full sincerity and muturity
    Basically I am saying, I don't know anything about that tariqa nor their practices.

Leave a comment:

• Bilal el
    replied

When u say u can't conform this nor deny it do u mean that u can't conform/deny that it is a practice or that can can get forgiveness fthrough the whirling Brother I ask with full sincerity and muturity

Leave a comment:

• aMuslimForLife
    replied

Originally posted by Bilal el View Post
    Salam akhi there are some suf muslems that I now that say u can reach I piouty that u can travel to Mecca and back during yr prayer
    Wa Alaykum Salam,

That doesn't sound that impressive, the ability to get to Mecca and back can be achieved by flying a plane.

also some Sufi in turkey have a special ritual were they spin around with there arms spread out and Allah sends his forgiveness through the man and it is spread to the people around him, is there any truth to this
    I heard of the whirling dervishes, perhaps that is a practice that they engage in. Never met anyone from that tariqa. So I can neither confirm nor deny that statement.

My Thoughts:

Sufism is about learning sacred knowledge and applying it in ones life. And if one does so with sincerity, if Allah so will, HE will grant the believer with closeness to Him, as Allah says, "until I love him. And when I love him, I am his hearing with which he hears, his sight with which he sees, his hand with which he seizes, and his foot with which he walks. If he asks me, I will surely give to him, and if he seeks refuge in Me, I will surely protect him"

The point of Sufism is to reach a point until Allah Love's One. And as Allah says, "And when I love him, I am his hearing with which he hears, his sight with which he sees, his hand with which he seizes, and his foot with which he walks. If he asks me, I will surely give to him, and if he seeks refuge in Me, I will surely protect him"

And Allah knows best.

And Allah knows best.

Leave a comment:

• Bilal el
    replied

Salam akhi there are some suf muslems that I now that say u can reach I piouty that u can travel to Mecca and back during yr prayer also some Sufi in turkey have a special ritual were they spin around with there arms spread out and Allah sends his forgiveness through the man and it is spread to the people around him, is there any truth to this

Leave a comment:

• aMuslimForLife
    replied

Imam Abu Hasan al Shadhili said, "The Wali will not reach Allah, so long as he still has any worldly desires, so long as he still attempts to dispose of his own affairs, or so as he continues to rely on his own choices."

Leave a comment:

• Muslim 15
    replied
    Re: The secret of real sufism

I am El Hadji. This is my new user name.

I am not Shia. As to the thread, it is about an important topic.

Leave a comment:

• MuslimWarrior
    replied

Originally posted by El Hadji View Post
    Allow the discussion to go on, please.
    You're a deviant. Goto shia chat and be with your alike

Leave a comment:

• El Hadji
    replied

Originally posted by -Shamil- View Post
    No, that's not the real Sufism. Now mods can close the thread
    Allow the discussion to go on, please.

Leave a comment:

• -Shamil-
    replied

No, that's not the real Sufism. Now mods can close the thread

Leave a comment:

• El Hadji
    replied
    The secret of real sufism

Allah created the human being and loves him. That is why everyone loves love.

"I have only created jinns and men, that they may serve Me." (S 51 V 56). Serving Allah here means knowledge of Allah. You have to know that to know Allah, you must be another Allah. Else you can not not know Allah.

For instance, a weak man who sees a strong man can know this is a strong man. But a strong man's cognition of another strong man is not the same. He knows what he endured, what obstacles he surmounted, what difficulties he faced, what efforts he made, what injuries he sustained, what commitment he had. A weak man can not know this.

This is the claim of the accomplished Sufis. They achieved knowledge of Allah. This knowledge is bestowed on one once his trusworthiness is established, in the heavens. This would never have been possible if you were not another Allah. This knowledge of Allah can not be with you except that you are another Allah. For instance, Allah says to Muhammad "you did not throw when you threw, but Allah threw" (S 8 V 17). He also says about Muhammad "he was at a distance of but two bow-lengths or even nearer" (S 53 V 9). The Sufis claim they are Allah. Al Hallaj claimed it, Ibn Arabi claimed it, Abu Yazid Al Bistami claimed it. In fact, all of the accomplished Sufis claim it. This is to say that the divine came in this world in human form. Not 1 time, not 5 times, not 25 times, not 313 times, not 124 000 times, but as many times as there have been in this world prophets, saints and Sufi saints. There is in a hadith qudsi that the heart of the believer can contain Allah. That hadith is about special believers.

This is the secret of real sufism.

Note: There are other realities similar to this one, for instance the reality of fana, and other ways to explain these realities. Please refrain from doing so, however, as we would divert from the topic.

Leave a comment:

• aMuslimForLife
    replied

Originally posted by aMuslimForLife View Post
    Wisdom from the Scholars of Ishan (Tasawwuf) from Ahlus Sunnah Wal Jamaah

Imam Darqawi said, "If you want to travel the path quickly and to immediately obtain realization, you must perform obligatory prayers and what is confirmed of supererogatory good actions. You should outward knowledge as it is necessary since our Lord is only worshiped by means of it. Do not purse it deeply since it is not desired that you penetrate it deeply into it. What is desired is to penetrate deeply into the inward." (The Darwawi Way)

Leave a comment:

• aMuslimForLife
    replied

Wisdom from the Scholars of Ishan (Tasawwuf) from Ahlus Sunnah Wal Jamaah

Imam Abdullah al Haddad said, "You should have a regular practice of reading useful knowledge, which is that increases your knowledge of the Essence of Allah, His Attributes, Acts and favours, makes you aware of His commands and prohibitions, leads you to renounce the things of this world and wish only for the hereafter, and brings your faults, the defects in your acts and the plots of your enemy to your notice. This knowledge is present in the Book, the sunnah, and the writings of the leaders (imams)." (The book of Assistance)

My Thoughts:

We are commanded in the Quran, "Oh you who believe, be with the Truthful." This is a command to be with those whom will have a positive effect on you. Sometimes this is not easy in the modern world, our life is quite busy. We can't always make it to the masjid, to be with other believers. So a possible solution to this is to read the books of the righteous. Be with them in spirit. Open the Quran, be with Allah. Open the book on hadith, be with the Prophet, Open books of the Saliheen (the righteous) and be with righteous. We should make a daily practice of doing the above, especially the Quran, hadith and the books of the Saliheen. I also found listening to lectures to be very helpful as well.

And Allah knows best.

Leave a comment:

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
X