Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What is Tassawuf/"Sufism" - For the Mu'min sees with the Light of Allah SWT

Bismillahi Rahmani Rahim

Abi Said al Khudri (radiyAllahu 'anh) reported that Allah's Messenger Muhammad (saaws) said: "Fear the perception/DEEP INSIGHT (Firasa) of the believer for he sees with the Light of Allah the Almighty the Majestic." Then he read: "Surely! Therein is indeed a sign for the believers." (Surah al Hijr 15:77).

What is Islam ? What Is Iman ? Are there only those Pillars, without anything else in addition? So if there are, then those are the things which complete Islam and Iman; in a similar way as the structure of the house. In order for this house to be complete, pillars are not enough, you need the rest of materials to complete it.

So then, what is IHSAN? If the second Pillar of Islam - Salat has further and detailed explanation, which has also deeper meanings, explanations and Reality; then how can you object the same fact about Ihsan? The people who have earnestly strove to please Allah SWT, the real Jihad of the Sahaba (ra) and following their footsteps and Prophet Muhammad (saaws), they are those who have come to the conclusions of deeper meanings of Ihsan.

They’ve come to a level through the Mercy and Love of Allah SWT to understand the details that complete the construction of Ihsan. In other words its branches and fruits, not just the trunk. This is the same as the Schools of Madhab, Fiqh and their founders. They are people who have come to conclusions through their knowledge and experience, compiling and completing the structure of Islam while on the other side the people of Jihad, meaning the people of struggle in the way of Allah SWT with their lives and wealth, just like the Sahaba (ra) struggled before and after Hijra; compiled and completed the structure of Iman and Ihsan.

These are the people who we call today Sufi, however, we now rarely see any true reflection of those true traditional Sufis. They’ve arrived at the deepest level and meaning of Tawhid,. They are people who struggled throughout their lives, sacrificing themselves for Allah SWT with their lives and wealth, with great struggle, and this is Tawhid. For them, this world and its pleasures was a great zero, and people in their eyes were just weak unable creatures of Allah SWT completely dependant, and contentment with Allah SWT and His Pleasure was their main goal and struggle. Their love for Allah SWT could not be matched with anyone else, and their actions and lives speak to this. Allah SWT was on top, the Number One; everything else came second to them, just as Allah SWT decreed it to be. Believe it or not, these people are part of the Salaf, and the true followers of the Salaf. In the true Sufis you will find the only true reflection of the Prophet Muhammad’s (saaws) Sunnah and Sahaba (ra).

There are those who think that they imitate them, who have not followed the same pathway as the true Sufi, so you will see such people often lacking of understanding and struggle; their life is not based on the same basics as it was for the true Sufis. Do not look at them to judge Sufis and Tassawuf, but look at those Sufis, who are a reflection of the Sahaba (ra). But not all can recognize this, except those who follow the pathway of the Salaf in its truest sense and meaning. You need to live the Sunna which is living the practical life of Prophet Muhammad (saaws) and his Sahaba (ra), in order to understand them and the Salaf. This does not mean just eating, drinking, walking etc. It means you struggle for Allah SWT and His Closeness in a similar way, even if you live in the so called “modern” world, to such a degree that trials start to hit you from different directions in life, but you keep struggling in Allah’s Way while pleading Allah SWT to guide people to Islam and doing Da’wah with your MANNERS and Actions mainly. Once you do this, your life starts to reflect similarly to that of Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) and Sahaba(ra), and eventually a deeper knowledge from Allah SWT starts to come to you, and this is Allah’s NUR. This means, your actions but also life starts to comply with those of Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) and Sahaba (ra), and this is how you’ll know the Reality of the Salaf after them and the Sufi’s Beauty and Reality. It is very difficult to know who’s a true Sufi and follower of Salaf otherwise.

Islam is very deep, extraordinary in every single praiseworthy way. There are still pearls to be found, much more than what we have now, although much has been corrupted due to colonization. What those wonderful people of Allah SWT found, is only a glimpse of Islam’s Deep Reality.

Say, `If every ocean became ink for (recording) the words and creation of my Lord, surely, the oceans would be spent up before the words and creation of my Lord came to an end, even if we brought to add (therewith) as many more (oceans). Say, `I am but a human being like you. It has been revealed to me that your God is only One God. So let him who hopes to meet his Lord do deeds of righteousness and let him associate no one in the worship of his Lord. (The Qur’an ‘Azim, Sura Kahf (18)-109-110)

The seed of Islam was put by the Prophet Muhammad (saaws), this was his mission, and so, that tree grew and bears its fruits up to this day until Judgment Day. It will continue to give fruits until the End of Time.

If you want to understand this matter about Ihsan, Islam and Tawhid in general, then look at the tree, from its beginning up to its end. At the beginning there is just one small seed, but grows into a magnificent creation bearing wonderful fruits with wonderful taste. Seeing and tasting those fruits is not the same. This means that Islam is being more and more discovered and proven with facts and Certainty, by people who’ve come to know its Reality through knowledge, struggle and experience in life, in the same way as the tree, starts with a seed but grows and bears fruits later on. So do not object when you hear things sounding “new”, things beyond your present comprehension. Ihsan has a lot of meanings which does not sound clear until lived and practiced, you should be aware of that. Tassawuf is teaching you how to do that and come to Ihsan’s reality. [/
    SIZE]

IHSAN and Tassawuf is about practice and acts, it is Jihad – Struggle for Allah SWT in His Way; it wants actions that mainly are internal, words are only its manuals and basics. If you want to understand Ihsan, get into work, because Tassawuf is “Building Iman and Tawhid to reach the perfection of Ihsan”.

Muhammad is the Messenger of Allah, and those who are with him are hard on the disbelievers (i.e. those who refuse and fight Islam eagerly), but compassionate, merciful among themselves; you will see them bowing down in Ruku, prostrating themselves in Sajdah, seeking grace from Allah, and (His) good pleasure; their distinguishing feature is on their faces from the effect of Sajdah (prostration). This is their description in the Torah; and their description in Injil is: like a sown crop that brings forth its shoot, then makes it strong, then it grows thick and stands straight on its stem, looking good to the farmers; so that He may enrage the disbelievers through them (with their Iman, knowledge and actions for Allah). Allah has promised forgiveness and a huge reward to those of them who believe and do good deeds. Sura Fath (48):29
    Last edited by NURUNalaNUR; 21-07-14, 11:52 PM.

Comment

Re: The Beauty of Sufism: The Path to Allah and His Love

Shaykh Hafs Sayyidi Umar b Farid said, "Do not be among those with aimless studies since these undervalue the intellect and unsettle it. There is a knowledge beyond written transmission which is finer than the ultimate perception of sound intellects. I learned it from me and I took it from me. My self profited from my gift." (Darqawi Letters)

My Thoughts:

Concerning the statement, "There is a knowledge beyond written transmission which is finer than the ultimate perception of sound intellects." Imam Malik said, "Knowledge does not consist in narrating much. Knowledge is but a light that Allah places in the heart." (Sifat al Safwa Ibn Jawzi)
      My Blog ---> Reflections of the Traveler http://baraka.wordpress.com

Comment

Re: The Beauty of Sufism: The Path to Allah and His Love

bump
        My Blog ---> Reflections of the Traveler http://baraka.wordpress.com

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
        X