Is Eugenics haram?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is Eugenics haram?

I mean personally think it's a great idea but from the Islamic point of view my guess would be it is haram to enforce.

so purely and simply, is it?

Re: Is Eugenics haram?

You do know what eugenics is right? It is the systematic slaughter of those that are deemed lesser. Eugenics is a concept that cannot exist without the Evolutionary Theory. By employing Eugenics are are "playing god" and determines which species or product of a species is deemed lesser and unfit to survive. Castrating or slaughtering people based off of any deemed defect is moral in Eugenics. A common notion is that in eugenics people who hold faith in a god are mentally impaired, so you are saying you want every Muslims to be castrated, sterilized or killed?

The Evolutionary Theory proves that there are lesser species but when you get involved in nature's cycle and start deciding to speed up the process you are only hindering it and basing your morality off of naturalism and science. Science is not a place for morality although the basis of morality is found thanks to biology.

All I can say is NEVER BASE YOUR ETHICAL STANDARDS FROM SCIENCE!
    The world i getting over populated and by scientific morality you should slaughter at least 2 billion people to reduce the population safely. Do you really wanna do that?

Comment

Really?

I always thought Eugenics was the breeding of people who shared desired characteristics in order to create (due to higher probability) children with such desired characteristics. At the same time stopping (This is not a must though) people who have less desired characteristics from breeding or only breeding with each other.

I can't recall seeing anywhere that Eugenics directly meant killing people.

The concept seemed fine from my point of view.

I do hope you aren't connecting the supposed actions of the Nazis with the Eugenics i'm talking about.

Comment

As I said before, I see morals as a load of tosh.

Assuming anything stays within the guide lines of the religion then i won't go out of my way to stop it.

Comment

What the nazis did is one example of eugenics, do not make the mistake of thinking that there is any difference. The core principles are the same. If fact, their eugenics programs were based on programs that were already in existence in North America. Here, there was a campaign of forced sterilization of those deemed to be of diminished capacity (and a few on race). The Alberta Eugenics Board was still active into at least the 1970's. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eugenic..._United_States

Besides all of that, who are any of us to question the wisdom of the one who created all beings? Who are we to judge one of Allah's (swt) creations as inferior?

Comment

Originally posted by Bindipper View Post
            Really?

I always thought Eugenics was the breeding of people who shared desired characteristics in order to create (due to higher probability) children with such desired characteristics. At the same time stopping (This is not a must though) people who have less desired characteristics from breeding or only breeding with each other.

I can't recall seeing anywhere that Eugenics directly meant killing people.

The concept seemed fine from my point of view.

I do hope you aren't connecting the supposed actions of the Nazis with the Eugenics i'm talking about.
            Yeah dude. Eugenics is essentially assuming the role of nature and natural selection. All species improve themselves. Where I live there is an ongoing evolutionary trait amongst black widows where they are giving birth to brown widows(a different yet slightly altered species). Now eventually the black widows will die off and in my neck of the woods they have, and naturally. But in Eugenics this would call for the extermination of the weaker species.
            Anything deemed undesirable like mental illness or genetic defects would call for a person's sterilization or death. In the logic of Eugenics, anything dislike(such as blonde hair or brown eyes) can be labelled inferior or undesirable and thus call for sterilization or extermination.

Comment

Originally posted by LoveIsTheAnswer View Post
              Yeah dude. Eugenics is essentially assuming the role of nature and natural selection. All species improve themselves. Where I live there is an ongoing evolutionary trait amongst black widows where they are giving birth to brown widows(a different yet slightly altered species). Now eventually the black widows will die off and in my neck of the woods they have, and naturally. But in Eugenics this would call for the extermination of the weaker species.
              Anything deemed undesirable like mental illness or genetic defects would call for a person's sterilization or death. In the logic of Eugenics, anything dislike(such as blonde hair or brown eyes) can be labelled inferior or undesirable and thus call for sterilization or extermination.
              Hmm, as much as I like of being able to create a 'superior' race (lol), I can see the implications of it from a religious aspect.

Again I'm sure aspects of Eugenics can be taken out such as the proactively killing or sterilization of people and simply promote breeding between individuals of similar characteristics that are desirable.

Comment

You mean cultivating humans so that we can survive harsher conditions (The sea/space)?

Comment

Originally posted by Faissaloo View Post
                  You mean cultivating humans so that we can survive harsher conditions (The sea/space)?
                  No, so that certain genetic characteristics don't die out over time.

Comment

No, so that certain genetic characteristics don't die out over time.
                    So still cultivation. No killing right?

Comment

So still cultivation. No killing right?
                      Sorry I seemed to have missed that part, but yes. Not proactively exterminating people (or stopping them from breeding) just promoting the breeding of people desired characteristics.

Comment

Sorry I seemed to have missed that part, but yes. Not proactively exterminating people (or stopping them from breeding) just promoting the breeding of people desired characteristics.
                        Cool, I think we should start doing that with astronauts so that we can send people into space without as much training in sha Allah

Comment

Cool, I think we should start doing that with astronauts so that we can send people into space without as much training in sha Allah
                          errr, I was more referring to creating more people who are taller, green/blue eyes, not seeing the white race become extinct and still seeing full raced people (be it white, black, brown or yellow) instead of an entire world with only mixed race people lol.

Comment

errr, I was more referring to creating more people who are taller, green/blue eyes, not seeing the white race become extinct and still seeing full raced people (be it white, black, brown or yellow) instead of an entire world with only mixed race people lol.
                            How do you propose we do that, by hunting down people and tranquilising them before putting them in cages to breed?

Comment

That's pointless

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X