Islamic view of asexuality?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Islamic view of asexuality?

Hello all. Another question: what is the Islamic view of asexuality (ie. not being physically attracted to anyone)? Does Islam have a view of it at all? Did the Prophet (PBUH) ever say anything in particular about people who choose not to marry? I know in Islam marriage is considered to be something beneficial for both the male and female, so does this clash with asexuality?

I'm asking because I identify with being an asexual. It's not something I chose, but something that I feel God has given me. Sometimes I think that God has given me a life where I can dedicate myself completely to Him, but then at other times, I feel as if I'm doing something wrong. I simply do not know.

(BTW, I DO feel romantic attraction - like, I would like to spend my life with a man, but just as long as there's nothing else involved!)

Re: Islamic view of asexuality?

Originally posted by Lily123 View Post
    Hello all. Another question: what is the Islamic view of asexuality (ie. not being physically attracted to anyone)? Does Islam have a view of it at all? Did the Prophet (PBUH) ever say anything in particular about people who choose not to marry? I know in Islam marriage is considered to be something beneficial for both the male and female, so does this clash with asexuality?

I'm asking because I identify with being an asexual. It's not something I chose, but something that I feel God has given me. Sometimes I think that God has given me a life where I can dedicate myself completely to Him, but then at other times, I feel as if I'm doing something wrong. I simply do not know.

(BTW, I DO feel romantic attraction - like, I would like to spend my life with a man, but just as long as there's nothing else involved!)
    And what do you seek from us that you won't be able to find from google ?

Comment

We have a communist Satanist who claims he is asexual on this forum. His name on here is LoveIsTheAnswer.
      "When a man sees the road as long he weakens in his walk." Ibn Qayyim

Comment

Originally posted by Musbah View Post
        We have a communist Satanist who claims he is asexual on this forum. His name on here is LoveIsTheAnswer.
        You called :). Why is it you are mentioning my political affiliation by the way? Seems weird because it does not define me very well at all considering I only support lesser communism and Communist ethics.

I am just curious that is all.

Comment

Well whether asexuality is a blessing from god or not is irrelevant for me. Far too subjective but I will not criticize your reasoning on this though.

I asked a Muslimah about this topic on a forum last year I think. She said that asexuality was mentioned in the ahadith but I have read the vast majority of Sihah al-Sittah although I admit to brushing over Abu Dawud fairly quickly. The repetition of ahadith are a bit annoying sometimes like West's Legal Digest. I never found the narration and she never responded back so she may have just spoke out of her head or who knows what.

I find it cool that you are a Muslim asexual by the way. I have been a raging Ace for years. Always remember that the cake is not a lie :D

Comment

Originally posted by LoveIsTheAnswer View Post
            You called :). Why is it you are mentioning my political affiliation by the way? Seems weird because it does not define me very well at all considering I only support lesser communism and Communist ethics.

I am just curious that is all.
            I feel it necessary to repeat how you define yourself so the Muslims can be wary and know who they are really dealing with. By the way, if Allah Azza wa Jall ever decrees that you become a Muslim then I have the perfect name for you: Yahya (John) since you are asexual. Allah says in the Quran:

"Then the angels called him, while he was standing in prayer in Al-Mihrab (a praying place or a private room), (saying): "Allah gives you glad tidings of Yahya (John), confirming (believing in) the Word from Allah [i.e. the creation of 'Iesa (Jesus), the Word from Allah ("Be!" - and he was!)], noble, keeping away from sexual relations with women, a Prophet, from among the righteous." (3:39)

Comment

Originally posted by TazZ- View Post
              And what do you seek from us that you won't be able to find from google ?
              I was also interested in the subject. And I found this(dr. Zakir Naik on polygamy):
              In Western society, it is common for a man to have mistresses and/or multiple extra-marital affairs(I`m "westerner" living in Europe. It is obvious slander), in which case, the woman leads a disgraceful, unprotected life. The same society, however, cannot accept a man having more than one wife, in which women retain their honourable, dignified position in society and lead a protected life. Thus the only two options before a woman who cannot find a husband is to marry a married man or to become ‘public property’. Islam prefers giving women the honourable position by permitting the first option and disallowing the second. There are several other reasons, why Islam has permitted limited polygyny, but it is mainly to protect the modesty of women.]
              So if a woman stays single, then she is doomed to sleep around??? And to spare her this situation she is to be married?? Seriously?? Please, please tell me this view is not common among you...
              Please, do not take offence - I`m simply distraught.
              Last edited by RewriteDestiny; 23-06-14, 12:35 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Musbah View Post
                I feel it necessary to repeat how you define yourself so the Muslims can be wary and know who they are really dealing with.
                I am very open with who I am and it is the main reason I use my signature. The issue is that politics do not define people very well at all and I just find it weird you mention it on a religious forum. If this was a political forum then all the better.
                But now that I think about it, Islam seems to heavily mix politics within the religious practice. I personally have never seen a religion that does this on a mass scale frankly.

By the way, if Allah Azza wa Jall ever decrees that you become a Muslim then I have the perfect name for you: Yahya (John) since you are asexual. Allah says in the Quran:
                Yahya? Like Harun Yahya? My name would be synonymous with the greatest fake of all time? . Although I do admit his hair is awesome :D.

"Then the angels called him, while he was standing in prayer in Al-Mihrab (a praying place or a private room), (saying): "Allah gives you glad tidings of Yahya (John), confirming (believing in) the Word from Allah [i.e. the creation of 'Iesa (Jesus), the Word from Allah ("Be!" - and he was!)], noble, keeping away from sexual relations with women, a Prophet, from among the righteous." (3:39)
                Well, it is good to know what chastity is such an important thing in Islam :)

Comment

[QUOTE=LoveIsTheAnswer;5908019]
                  But now that I think about it, Islam seems to heavily mix politics within the religious practice. I personally have never seen a religion that does this on a mass scale frankly.
                  QUOTE]

Islam is not just a religion but an economic, political and social entity.

Comment

Islam is not just a religion but an economic, political and social entity.
                    I always forget this because being a westerner I always treat religions as religions. Reminds me of Judaism and how there are non-believing Jews who support Jewish ethics and culture. I never had this with Hinduism or Christianity.

Comment

Originally posted by LoveIsTheAnswer View Post
                      I always forget this because being a westerner I always treat religions as religions. Reminds me of Judaism and how there are non-believing Jews who support Jewish ethics and culture. I never had this with Hinduism or Christianity.
                      This is one of the reasons why Islam is fought all over the world. If it was just a religion then it would be considered harmless by Statists especially those who want to spread "Freedom and Democracy". The concept of law in Islam is that the Creator would not create man and then put him on this earth and then tell him to fend for himself without giving him the manual to live his life the way the Creator wants him to live it. And since most of man's time on earth will revolve around economics of trade, political relations with other peoples and social behaviors, then he is in need of Guidance in all aspects of his life, hence Shariah Law.

Comment

Nothing wrong with not being attracted to someone, if one pursues a willingness to ALLAH. (putting your faith before everything). in Islam it is a blessing to get married for a man and woman as well as being loving and compassionate towards them. however If you do get married, as a woman you must fufill the desires that your man requests of you (cant be anything haram though), or you will have sinned. on the other hand if you are mistreated or abused then the man has sinned deeply.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                        X