The Crucifixion of Jesus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The Crucifixion of Jesus

Im currently reading the gospel of thomas... although there's loads of lies in there attributed to jesus christ there's one thing I found that it says jesus said, and our prophet saw said something so similar.
    I found it amazing cause the gospel of thomas was only just discovered in 1945 and the dude whose coffin it were buried in died in the 4th century so that would be 3centuries before prophet Muhammad pbuh.

The Prophet s.a.w. was walking with his companions when they saw a dead carcass, and he s.a.w. said would any of you love this? -Even if it was alive it would something praiseworthy, They replied. He s.a.w. said wallahi this world is more worthless than this dead carcass.

56. Jesus said, "Whoever has come to know the world has discovered a carcass, and whoever has discovered a carcass, of that person the world is not worthy." Gospel of thomas

amazin innit :)
    "If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor."

"Nothing protects the rights of the minority like the tyranny of the majority"

Comment

Originally posted by Musbah View Post
      Actually you are wrong and I almost feel shy having to teach a Christian their religion. According to the book "The Five Gospels" that a group of Bible Scholars called the Jesus Seminar and published by Macmillan Publishing Company back in 1993 researched the authenticity of what is attributed to Jesus in the New Testament. Those words in 19:26-27 that the Gospel of John claim Jesus said are a fabrication. Here is the excerpt:

"Verses 26-27 are a Johnannine construction: the presence of Jesus' mother and the disciple whom Jesus loved most are peculiar to the Gospel of John. The designation "disciple whom Jesus loved most" is unique to the fourth evangelist- whatever he mean by it (scholars have been unable to agree on the identification of this figure: candidates have included John, son of Zebedee, the author of the Fourth Gospel, and Lazurus). As a consequence, the exchanges between Jesus and his mother and Jesus and that disciple probably reflect the evangelists special interests."

So you can't even establish who it is that Jesus was talking about. Then you have the Bible scholars saying that the words of Jesus is a fabrication. But this is typical of Christians who only hear, read and accept what is convenient for them to suit their cozy misguided beliefs. I guess you are going to blame Allah for being deceitful for that also.
      I hate to tell you this but you are the one who is wrong. The Jesus Seminar is a highly unorthodox group of "scholars". They are not orthodox Christians. It is a matter of fact that the disciple John was at the Crucifixion of Jesus Christ.

Comment

Originally posted by Aamilah Abrar View Post
        Well, wouldn't that make Allah a deceiver of those who believed He was crucified?

Actually, the disciple John was present at Jesus' crucifixion:

When Jesus saw his mother, and the disciple whom he loved standing near, he said to his mother, "Woman, behold, your son!" Then he said to the disciple, "Behold, your mother!" And from that hour the disciple took her to his own home.
        (John 19:26-27 RSV-CE)

John never wrote the Gospel, and neither did any of those the Gospels are attributed to so, why are we meant to believe anything written in them? Thye are written as if they were there, but none of em were there and they lived decades after the events.
        Allah is always watching [VIDEO]

How To Weep For The Fear Of Allah

Please remember to share these links with people you know so they can also benefit from them. :jkk:

Comment

I hate to tell you this but you are the one who is wrong. The Jesus Seminar is a highly unorthodox group of "scholars". They are not orthodox Christians. It is a matter of fact that the disciple John was at the Crucifixion of Jesus Christ.
          Of course I was waiting for you to discredit the scholars since it goes against your fairytale perception of what happened. Typical Christians. They only follow what their pastors, preachers and priests say but don't want to hear what the Bible Scholars say when it comes to analyzing the manuscripts for authenticity and fabrication. And really it is those Bible Scholars who do know the bible better than those church leaders but I can see how preaching the truth would be a conflict of interest for those churches. It's a big business and you can't catch fish with the truth.
          "When a man sees the road as long he weakens in his walk." Ibn Qayyim

Comment

They deluded themselves
            well, if Jesus was substituted by someone looking just like him, no wonder they were deceived.

Comment

Originally posted by olrac View Post
              well, if Jesus was substituted by someone looking just like him, no wonder they were deceived.
              That would have been the point and purpose.

like why would God allow His messenger to be crucified when the messenger didnt do wrong?
              That would be unjust on God's part. And God is NOT unjust.
              "If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor."

"Nothing protects the rights of the minority like the tyranny of the majority"

Comment

Originally posted by olrac View Post
                Were they also deceived for worshipping Jesus when Jesus supposedly said in the Bible:

"But in vain they do worship me, teaching for doctrine the commandments of men." Matthew 15:9

"I can of mine own self do nothing: as I hear, I judge: and my judgment is just; because I seek not mine own will, but the will of the Father which hath sent me". John 5:30

Whose to blame for this deception?
                "When a man sees the road as long he weakens in his walk." Ibn Qayyim

Comment

Originally posted by Mikha’eel View Post
                  John never wrote the Gospel, and neither did any of those the Gospels are attributed to so, why are we meant to believe anything written in them? Thye are written as if they were there, but none of em were there and they lived decades after the events.
                  Actually, the traditional view is that Saint John did write the Gospel of John. See this Catholic Encyclopedia entry for more information:

http://www.newadvent.org/cathen/08438a.htm

Of course I was waiting for you to discredit the scholars since it goes against your fairytale perception of what happened. Typical Christians. They only follow what their pastors, preachers and priests say but don't want to hear what the Bible Scholars say when it comes to analyzing the manuscripts for authenticity and fabrication. And really it is those Bible Scholars who do know the bible better than those church leaders but I can see how preaching the truth would be a conflict of interest for those churches. It's a big business and you can't catch fish with the truth.
                  No offense but there is no reason to be rude to me. I am just simply telling you that the "Jesus Seminar" scholars were highly unorthodox and are not accepted among orthodox Christians.

Regardless, this thread is about the Crucifixion of Jesus Christ. It is attested to by numerous ancient people. So, either it happened or it didn't. Muslims say that it didn't. But if it did not happen then how do you account for the ancient people who attested that it did happen?

Comment

Were they also deceived for worshipping Jesus when Jesus supposedly said in the Bible:

"But in vain they do worship me, teaching for doctrine the commandments of men." Matthew 15:9

"I can of mine own self do nothing: as I hear, I judge: and my judgment is just; because I seek not mine own will, but the will of the Father which hath sent me". John 5:30

Whose to blame for this deception?
                    it is difficult to understand this whole "deception" affair

why substitute someone else for Jesus on the cross, in the first place ?

Comment

Regardless, this thread is about the Crucifixion of Jesus Christ. It is attested to by numerous ancient people. So, either it happened or it didn't. Muslims say that it didn't. But if it did not happen then how do you account for the ancient people who attested that it did happen?
                      both traditions are present in ancient texts

the majority tradition is the crucifixion story as we know it, but there is also the Christian/Gnostic tradition which, overall, corresponds with the Islamic version

Comment

an overview of the "Jesus survival" (swoon) theories can be found here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Swoon_hypothesis

and, of course, the ahmadiyya venerate what they consider as the tomb of Jesus Christ in Kashmir http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roza_Bal

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                        X