Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

where can I get the strength to start wearing hijjab again?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• where can I get the strength to start wearing hijjab again?

Wearing the hijab again.

Sisters I have been a Muslim now for 6 years when I converted to Islam soon after I started wearing the hijab for about a year. I believed it would protect me from unwanted attention from men but it made me stand out even more. Am a white woman so I suppose I did stand out to people I would get stares more from men esp asian men and would always be stopped when I walked in the stright. Its like some Muslim men get over excited when they see a converted white woman in a hijab it use to annoy be so much. Even when I would say give salam and say "brother I am married" their would say lets just have some fun and it dont matter. I would also get lots of stares from the public more curious and be asked questions with a look of pity for me like am a victim "why do you wear that? Did your husband force you to wear it" and "Did you become Muslim so you could marry your husband"? " was Islam forced on you by your husband" When I answer them back by saying "no I became a muslim on my own I converted 3 years before I met my husband" I then get the shocked look then even more questions fired at me and some hash words etc.I use to get annoyed and decided to take the hijab off now I am left alone and I can walk in the street in peace.I am more following Islam now more than ever I feel a very close contection with my creater and want to please him more than anything in this world. I see Muslim women with hijabs on in the street and wish and pray to Allah that I would have the strength to wear my hijab again.I am now thinking of putting my hijab back on but feel abit uneasy about it its a big step but need too be strong and just do it.Has any sisters been in a similar situation as me or if you wear the hijab or even considering wearing it I would like to know ur comments and your hijab experiences. Hopefully reading your threads would give me the strength I need. Xxx*

Re: where can I get the strength to start wearing hijjab again?

:salams

Truthfully nothing in life is easy, but I guarantee if you start wearing the hijab solely for the sake of Allah not only will you eventually get used to it, but you'll also be rewarded heavily for any abuses that are hurdled at you.

Narrated Abu Sa'id Al-Khudri and Abu Huraira: The Prophet said, "No fatigue, nor disease, nor sorrow, nor sadness, nor hurt, nor distress befalls a Muslim, even if it were the prick he receives from a thorn, but that Allah expiates some of his sins for that."

May Allah protect you.
    Ameen!

Ibn Umar was asked, �Did the sahaba laugh?� He said, �Yes, and the faith in their hearts was like mountains.�

"You can not be the ummah that will call the world to goodness if you hate everybody else" - Nouman Ali Khan

Comment

My condolences that the men treated you so poorly, when they approach you, pretend not to speak English or lower your eyes and keep moving. it is very telling of the times we live in when a pious woman cannot walk down the street without getting harassed by her Mislim brothers.

Comment

make intentinon taht you will wear hijab and just put it on sis.

We have all come to a point where we are looked at (for whatever reasons, hate, desire, disgust, ) because we wear hijab. This is part of our personal jihad. know that allah is rewarding the sacrifices we make for his sake and isn't the best thing about hijab that sisters will recognise taht you are a sister in islaM :)

__________________________________________________ _____________________________

please donate to the Ummah forum sadaqa jariya project. Click on the link for for more information, and to make a donation- https://www.justgiving.com/sadaqah-jariyah-project/

Comment

Decide do you want to please your Creator or not ?

see verse quran 82:6

''O man! What has made you careless concerning your Lord, the Most Generous?''
          My sect - No Sect

My Aqeedah - http://legacy.quran.com/112 ( The Aqeedah of Sahabas)

Just a Muslim

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
          X