• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wave&Smile
    replied
    Re: Work ethics in Islam?

Some more:

O ye who believe! Do not squander one another’s wealth in vanities, but let there be amongst you traffic and trade by mutual good will.
    ——— The Holy Quran, 4:29.

The Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) was asked what type of earning was best, and he replied: ” A man’s work with his hands and every (lawful) business transaction.”
    ——— Al-Tirmidhi, Hadith 846.

The Prophet also said: “A truthful and trustworthy merchant is associated with the prophets.“
    ——— Al-Tirmidhi, Hadith 50.

The Prophet Muhammad (s) said: ““It is better for any of you to carry a load of firewood on his own back than to beg from someone else .”
    ——— Riyadh-Us-Saleheen, Chapter 59, hadith 540.

And also: “There was a merchant who would lend to the people, and whenever his debtor was in difficult circumstances, he would say to his employees, ‘Forgive him so that God may forgive us.’ So, God forgave him.”
    ——— Sahih Al-Bukhari, Volume 3, Hadith 292.

Leave a comment:

• Umar_
    replied

Abu Huraira reported: The Prophet, peace and blessings be upon him, said, “The signs of a hypocrite are three: whenever he speaks he lies, whenever he promises he breaks his promise, and whenever he is trusted he betrays his trust.”

Source: Sahih Bukhari 33, Sahih Muslim 59

Grade: Muttafaqun Alayhi (authenticity agreed upon) according to Al-Bukhari and Imam Muslim

Leave a comment:

• neelu
    replied

Lol trust athiests and Christians to come out with lie upon lie about Islam. There's plenty of evidence within the Islamic scriptures regarding work ethics that prove your lying [email protected] acquaintances wrong. I can't be bothered to post all the evidence on here because suffice to say the premise of what you were told was completely wrong, baseless and has no evidence to support it whatsoever- perhaps you should ask those Christians or athiests to substantiate their claims in future; then come here and show us their spurious made up quotes that wont appear in any actual real Islamic scripture. I don't see the need to justify the deen to you- the truth is in the Islamic scriptures and the contents of those books speak for themselves as it were.

My guess is they perhaps came across the odd random Muslim who showed poor work ethics and deduced that Islam must have taught that or something.

Leave a comment:

• Panthera tigris
    started a topic Work ethics in Islam?

Work ethics in Islam?

I have met opinions (from borh atheists and Christians) that Islam does not have any work ethic, favoring plundering of disbelievers instead of hard work. I even read an opinion of some cleric (though a minor one) that the reason why Muslims are poor is because they no longer conduct ghazwas against "kuffar" and the antidote for this poverty is to start conducting raids on Europe aimed at taking slaves and property.

My knowledge of this matter is limited. I have not been able to validate or invalidate these statements.

Any scholarly opinions?

All answers much appreciated.
    Last edited by Panthera tigris; 11-06-14, 10:10 PM.

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
X