If this hypothetical situation were to occur, would it be permissible

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If this hypothetical situation were to occur, would it be permissible

Basically imagine a situation where a business no longer has the right to choose whether to sell it's products/services to whomever it wants and to whomever it does not want.

So if a situation occurred where a gay couple who required the services of a business for a gay marriage(lol) were by law required to sell the product/service to these people. Would Islam allow us to carry out the action because it is the law of that nation now?

or must we instead close the business down altogether in such a nation because it is doing things that are assisting sinful actions now?

Apologies if the wording is a little all over the place.

Re: If this hypothetical situation were to occur, would it be permissible

This is my hypothetical answer.
    The convert story that has been read 15,000+ times
    "In the Ottoman Empire, Muhammadﷺ's descendants formed a kind of nobility with the privilege of carrying green turbans."

Comment

Is this in relation to the story about that hotel that didn't allow gays to stay there...?

Comment

Originally posted by Bindipper View Post
        Basically imagine a situation where a business no longer has the right to choose whether to sell it's products/services to whomever it wants and to whomever it does not want.

So if a situation occurred where a gay couple who required the services of a business for a gay marriage(lol) were by law required to sell the product/service to these people. Would Islam allow us to carry out the action because it is the law of that nation now?

or must we instead close the business down altogether in such a nation because it is doing things that are assisting sinful actions now?

Apologies if the wording is a little all over the place.

Even hypothetically that is impossible.
        Visit my channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCYk...dE4pHzSid7Lr0w

Comment

Originally posted by muzzybee View Post
          Even hypothetically that is impossible.
          in some cases it is british law already, i.e the christian couple running a B&B who were prosecuted for refusing to let a homosexual couple stop at their place in a double bed.
          FOLLOW THE NEW BLOG - GINGERBEARDMAN - Muslim, father, husband, writer, defender of ginger rights!

www.facebook.com/outreach4Islam - Outreach4Islam have been working together in Leicester, calling the not yet Muslims to Islam since 2006.

Comment

Originally posted by Outreach4Islam View Post
            in some cases it is british law already, i.e the christian couple running a B&B who were prosecuted for refusing to let a homosexual couple stop at their place in a double bed.
            hmmm yeah you are right, i think i misunderstood the question.I was thinking that a government decides what business you run

Comment

But in Islam , we are allowed to do business with non muslims right ?
              So on what category or circumstance does this come under.

Curious ?

Comment

But in Islam , we are allowed to do business with non muslims right ?
                So on what category or circumstance does this come under.

Curious ?
                yes, but you must also not facilitate something haram as well

so two faggots in seperate rooms, all good. two faggots same room no good.
                FOLLOW THE NEW BLOG - GINGERBEARDMAN - Muslim, father, husband, writer, defender of ginger rights!

www.facebook.com/outreach4Islam - Outreach4Islam have been working together in Leicester, calling the not yet Muslims to Islam since 2006.

Comment

yes, but you must also not facilitate something haram as well

so two faggots in seperate rooms, all good. two faggots same room no good.
                  So how do you know , they go faggoting around , i mean they can come as friends and you know book a room.
                  Similarly in this country so many couples , who are nor married , book rooms.

Ok, it does make sense in a restaurant lets say,
                  You put a notice no alcohol ,but you cant prevent an alcoholic coming in to buy or eat and who has consumed alcohol outside.

Comment

So how do you know , they go faggoting around , i mean they can come as friends and you know book a room.
                    Similarly in this country so many couples , who are nor married , book rooms.

Ok, it does make sense in a restaurant lets say,
                    You put a notice no alcohol ,but you cant prevent an alcoholic coming in to buy or eat and who has consumed alcohol outside.
                    with alcohol you still can, a restaurateur can throw someone out for bringing alcohol in or other things not permitted in his restaurant. however homosexuals are protected by law and if you knew they were or had strong reasonable suspicion you shouldn't hire them a room for it!

Comment

Okay let's say your business is to run a banquet hall and a couple want to perform a gay marriage ceremony there. If you refuse on the grounds that they are gay, then you can be prosecuted for it under the law. I can tell you for SURE that the fact that they are protected by British law means NOTHING! I can also tell you that the claim that we are "obliged to follow the law of the land" is false- it is a rumour spread by scholars for dollars who have sold their deen for a miserable price and they have no Islamic evidence whatsoever to back up their claim, so you CANNOT use the "law of the land" argument.

At best, in general terms, you are allowed to serve non Muslims such as if you work in a halal food store then you can still serve food to non Muslims even if they are gay- because that is merely a transaction of buying and selling food and you're not responsible for their sin and you're not facilitating their sin by selling to them.

The one defense I can think of is that if you ran a banquet hall and you stated that you "run an Islamic ethos business" and "the management reserve the right to refuse any application for use of their premises", then MAYBE, just maybe legally you can state that you have the right to refuse the use of that hall because it's an Islamic business and they are infringing on your right to practise your religion.... but don't quote me on that, I could be wrong and you'd need to speak to a lawyer who is qualified in and understands this field thoroughly. What would be more appropriate would be to refuse to allow use of the hall but not state why, or state a different excuse such as the place being fully booked on the dates they require and then it becomes harder to prove discrimination.

I'm no scholar but that's all I could think of off the top of my head, so take that as a lay person's opinion and by all means correct me if I'm wrong. And Allah knows best.
                      The Lyme Disease pandemic: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5u73ME4sVU

Comment

Never serve faggots. That wud b my policy

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                        X