X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: weed.....

Originally posted by Abu 'Abdullaah View Post
    Did you test this by smoking a fat one?
    Roll one up for the brothers, puff puff pass..
    Account disabled.

Comment

Originally posted by lifesci
      Biochemistry 101
      The theory is all mumbo jumbo to me but you were wrong about the effects.

Comment

Originally posted by BroIslam View Post
        how??? weed is leaf like smoking tobbaco.... alchaol is man made with different stuff

Alcohol is actually completely natural - it's just the product of yeast and sugar. Completely natural.

Comment

Your assertion is baseless like most of your one-liners.
          On the contrary, I have much more experience in this field than you.

Comment

Weed is Psychological enslavement to a plant. Ask any weed addict. He'd even kill if he doesn't get his daily dose. Get therapy because once u r in the addiction stage and i assume u r then u only find reasons to justify ur addiction.

Comment

Originally posted by Aj2 View Post
              Weed is Psychological enslavement to a plant. Ask any weed addict. He'd even kill if he doesn't get his daily dose. Get therapy because once u r in the addiction stage and i assume u r then u only find reasons to justify ur addiction.
              Seriously......?

First of let me say, weed is haram and I'm not going to argue that. But with regards to its effects, the things people believe are grossly exaggerated. You're not gonna go out and kill to get weed, you're not suddenly going to start acting a fool, you're not going to start stealing and all those other things mentioned in those old propaganda films that everyone still seems to believe in.
              Are there people who have screwed up their lives because of weed?.. yes there are, but the main problem was their loss of motivation in doing things. There are cases as well of mental problems but those are in cases of heavy use at a young age.

In any case my point is, that we can't keep perpetuating the ignorant propaganda, it does more damage than good. Because if someone decides to do it, even though it is haram, and they realize that the 'effects' are a lie, they might think the same of other drugs, that it's all a lie.

In short, it is haram, but let's not go overboard with the exaggerations. Just because the effect aren't as bad as people think doesn't make it any less haram.
              Collection of Arabic Learning material and Islamic Books

Away for a bit :wavey:

Comment

Right. And how does that explain the fact that the majority of your posts are oneliners of disagreements that lack explanations and details. If you wanna argue something post details, until then i will assume logically that you lack knowledge on the subject.
                You may think you are being logical but the truth is far from it. Posting a lot or a little doesn't mean anything.

You claimed that weed does not cause loss or impairment of senses and you are simply wrong about that. That's the main reason people smoke it - to get those effects.

Comment

Actually, posting little means you have little or no explanation as this last post proves again. I already explained the biochemical effect on the neurochemistry to back my claims. You still havent backed your claim. Explain to me on the molecular, or atleast at the anatomical level how weed impairs the neurochemistry. Certainly, you must know since you are "more experienced" than me.
                  If you cant do that, your argument is baseless and I will logically assume you to be a liar as well.
                  You've typed up some jargon. Congratulations because it means nothing to anyone - it's all theory. Tell me how you have tested your 'scientific' claims. I have both personal and professional experience of 'engaging' with weed/smokers.

Comment

LOL.. theory.
                    You have experience with potheads but not a single idea of how the brain works. You dont know the difference between between enhancing and impairing. You dont know what is is inhibition and exciting. You dont know what a neurotransmitter is. You dont know how cow milk affects the brain, how caffeine affects the brain, how sugar affects the brain. If you dont know any of this, then just as i expected, you dont know what you are talkin about.

I didnt test my claims. These are established facts, the type the reference during brain surgery. Like i said, basic biochem.
                    To know the effects weed has on people, one only needs to spend some time with potheads. You've formed an opinion based on nothing solid and not just any old opinion but one that establishes halal and haram. I've witnessed the effects of weed but you've read about them in a book.

Comment

watch this lecture and listen carefully at the first part of the lecture...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gzAo...bPiOE8&index=3

Comment

I am not a Muslim but just to give weight on this since we all agree. Weed is bad for you. Common sense should be able to tell you that drugs do your body no good and why on earth would you desire to be out of your mind?
                        Is life so bad that one would want to escape it temporarily only to end up coming back to reality that you have created a hell hole of a life by trying to escape it. l nor anybody who desires happiness and purpose in life would not wish to be high and regardless of your religion or creed, drugs are by no means excuses to live a shallow hedonistic life.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                        X