Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Shias?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Shias?

    As-salamu alaykum

    Being new to Islam I don't really know the differences between shia and sunnis, but I see that shia's are pretty disliked. What do Shia's believe?
    [B]An-Nisa 78:

    "No matter where you may be, death is going to reach you, even if you are in fortified towers..."[/B]

  • #2
    Re: Shias?

    They curse the companions of rrasool allah
    And the ones they curse, are the most loved by us, the sunnis
    www.treasureofthescholars.wordpress.com

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Shias?

      wa alaikum salam. First of all Alhamdulillah I am happy to hear that you accepted islam. I have got the basic info here.

      Origins - A Question of Leadership
      The division between Shia and Sunni dates back to the death of the Prophet Muhammad, and the question of who was to take over the leadership of the Muslim nation. Sunni Muslims agree with the position taken by many of the Prophet's companions, that the new leader should be elected from among those capable of the job. This is what was done, and the Prophet Muhammad's close friend and advisor, Abu Bakr, became the first Caliph of the Islamic nation. The word "Sunni" in Arabic comes from a word meaning "one who follows the traditions of the Prophet."
      On the other hand, some Muslims share the belief that leadership should have stayed within the Prophet's own family, among those specifically appointed by him, or among Imams appointed by God Himself.

      The Shia Muslims believe that following the Prophet Muhammad's death, leadership should have passed directly to his cousin/son-in-law, Ali bin Abu Talib. Throughout history, Shia Muslims have not recognized the authority of elected Muslim leaders, choosing instead to follow a line of Imams which they believe have been appointed by the Prophet Muhammad or God Himself. The word "Shia" in Arabic means a group or supportive party of people. The commonly-known term is shortened from the historical "Shia-t-Ali," or "the Party of Ali." They are also known as followers of "Ahl-al-Bayt" or "People of the Household" (of the Prophet).

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Shias?

        Originally posted by jordanla1 View Post
        As-salamu alaykum

        Being new to Islam I don't really know the differences between shia and sunnis, but I see that shia's are pretty disliked. What do Shia's believe?

        They believe Ali should have been Caliph after the Prophet :saw: , they devote themselves to the alhulbayt; the family of the Prophet :saw: i.e Ali, Fatima, Hassan, Hussein )May Allah be pleased with them all) and their offspring ) and the reject the khilafah of Abu Bakr, Umar and Uthman [May Allah be pleased with them]. They claim they usurped his right, and accuse them of treachery and have gone even further in inventing outright lies against them, cursing them and not just them, 3 of the wives of the Prophet :saw: they curse as well i.e Aisha, Hafsah and Um Habiba, and many other well known sahaba they oppose as well.
        Allah is always watching [VIDEO]

        How To Weep For The Fear Of Allah

        Please remember to share these links with people you know so they can also benefit from them. :jkk:

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Shias?

          Originally posted by jordanla1 View Post
          As-salamu alaykum

          Being new to Islam I don't really know the differences between shia and sunnis, but I see that shia's are pretty disliked. What do Shia's believe?
          Wa alykumu salaam,

          Congratulations and welcome to Islam.

          Stick to the Quran, Sunnah and the way of the first three generations of Islam {Salaf-us-Saleh} - at the head of them the companions of the Prophet - peace and blessings be upon him.

          Spend your time studying the correct creed (Aqidah),

          Surah: 9, Ayah: 100
          وَالسَّابِقُونَ الأَوَّلُونَ مِنَ الْمُهَاجِرِينَ وَالأَنصَارِ وَالَّذِينَ اتَّبَعُوهُم بِإِحْسَانٍ رَّضِيَ اللّهُ عَنْهُمْ وَرَضُواْ عَنْهُ وَأَعَدَّ لَهُمْ جَنَّاتٍ تَجْرِي تَحْتَهَا الأَنْهَارُ خَالِدِينَ فِيهَا أَبَدًا ذَلِكَ الْفَوْزُ الْعَظِيمُ

          (those who migrated from Makkah to Al-Madinah) and also those who followed them exactly (in Faith).
          Last edited by MountKnowledge; 03-04-14, 01:35 PM.
          http://mountainofknowledge.tumblr.com

          http://www.scribd.com/Mountainofknowledge

          http://mountainofknowledge.wordpress.com/

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Shias?

            They are worse than atheists and jews

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Shias?

              Originally posted by jordanla1 View Post
              As-salamu alaykum

              Being new to Islam I don't really know the differences between shia and sunnis, but I see that shia's are pretty disliked. What do Shia's believe?
              Walaikum assalam,

              Shiaism originally started as a political schism, but over time, it evolved into another religion as it absorbed elements from Zoroastrianism, Judaism and Hinduism. This is the reason why Shiaism is predominant in Iran. It is a nationalist expression of the Iranian peoples ethnic identity, including their old religion, Zoroastrianism, and their patriotic love for the pre-Islamic Sassanid Persian empire.

              Its takes a lot of reading, but these links should be a primer:

              http://www.schiiten.com/backup/Ahlel...com/index.html

              http://www.anti-majos.com/

              http://youpuncturedtheark.wordpress.com/

              http://gift2shias.com/

              http://twelvershia.net/

              http://islamistruth.wordpress.com/

              http://devilsdeceptionofshiism.wordpress.com/

              http://www.sunnidefense.com/

              http://lies-of-answering-ansar.org/

              http://aaunveiled.wordpress.com/

              http://www.islamicweb.com/beliefs/cults/shia.htm

              http://www.ansar.org/english/index.htm

              http://sonsofsunnah.com/

              http://www.islamawareness.net/Deviant/Shia/khutoot.html

              http://www.youtube.com/user/RafidiTerminator
              Last edited by cyber_abdullah; 03-04-14, 02:04 PM.
              The Crisis of ISIS (Response to Hamza Yusuf)
              Destroying the lies of the Murjiah!
              http://www.islamic-awareness.org
              http://islamqa.info/ - Best source on Islamic fatwas
              Shia Death squads in Iraq ethnically cleansing Sunnis

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Shias?

                :jkk: for all answers, is it true that some of them have accused some of the companions of being homosexual? astaghfirullah
                [B]An-Nisa 78:

                "No matter where you may be, death is going to reach you, even if you are in fortified towers..."[/B]

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: Shias?

                  Originally posted by jordanla1 View Post
                  :jkk: for all answers, is it true that some of them have accused some of the companions of being homosexual? astaghfirullah
                  Yes. They accuse Umar ibn al-Khattab (ra) of being a homosexuall, despite him being one of the 10 companions who the prophet (saw) said he had a ddream about them being guaranteed paradise.

                  This videos the shias shot in an Iranian Husseiniyat is an example of their hatred towards Umar. It took place during a festival called "Omar Koshan" (the killing of Umar) which they celebrate every year in Iran. The transvestite dancer is meant to be a characture of Umar whom they slander as a homosexual:

                  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zEBiMDjJC0k

                  The "Abu Lulu" they keep chanting is the man who murdered Umar (ra).


                  I would recommend this channel because it has good, easy to understand videos of the kufr of the shias:

                  https://www.youtube.com/user/RafidiTerminator
                  Last edited by cyber_abdullah; 03-04-14, 10:45 PM.
                  The Crisis of ISIS (Response to Hamza Yusuf)
                  Destroying the lies of the Murjiah!
                  http://www.islamic-awareness.org
                  http://islamqa.info/ - Best source on Islamic fatwas
                  Shia Death squads in Iraq ethnically cleansing Sunnis

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: Shias?

                    Originally posted by absabir View Post
                    wa alaikum salam. First of all Alhamdulillah I am happy to hear that you accepted islam. I have got the basic info here.

                    Origins - A Question of Leadership
                    The division between Shia and Sunni dates back to the death of the Prophet Muhammad, and the question of who was to take over the leadership of the Muslim nation. Sunni Muslims agree with the position taken by many of the Prophet's companions, that the new leader should be elected from among those capable of the job. This is what was done, and the Prophet Muhammad's close friend and advisor, Abu Bakr, became the first Caliph of the Islamic nation. The word "Sunni" in Arabic comes from a word meaning "one who follows the traditions of the Prophet."
                    On the other hand, some Muslims share the belief that leadership should have stayed within the Prophet's own family, among those specifically appointed by him, or among Imams appointed by God Himself.

                    The Shia Muslims believe that following the Prophet Muhammad's death, leadership should have passed directly to his cousin/son-in-law, Ali bin Abu Talib. Throughout history, Shia Muslims have not recognized the authority of elected Muslim leaders, choosing instead to follow a line of Imams which they believe have been appointed by the Prophet Muhammad or God Himself. The word "Shia" in Arabic means a group or supportive party of people. The commonly-known term is shortened from the historical "Shia-t-Ali," or "the Party of Ali." They are also known as followers of "Ahl-al-Bayt" or "People of the Household" (of the Prophet).
                    Why is there so much conflict over who succeeded Muhammad? I didn't think that mattered a whole lot, apparently I am mistaken and it matters to Muslims a great deal... why? What man could be greater than a messenger of a god to proclaim themselves worthy enough as to succeed him?

                    Originally posted by muqallid View Post
                    They are worse than atheists and jews
                    Judge thee not the belief, but the character of the believer.
                    Last edited by Valentine; 03-04-14, 02:20 PM.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: Shias?

                      They hate our mother Aisha [may Allah be pleased with her]. Just talk to a shia [as I have] and you'll see that it won't be long before they start rambling about how evil they think she was. They never have anything good to say about her.
                      "Wert thou to follow the common run of those on earth, they will lead thee away from the way of Allah. They follow nothing but conjecture: they do nothing but lie." (surah 6:116)

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: Shias?

                        Originally posted by drac16 View Post
                        They hate our mother Aisha [may Allah be pleased with her]. Just talk to a shia [as I have] and you'll see that it won't be long before they start rambling about how evil they think she was. They never have anything good to say about her.
                        No they do not.
                        If you do not discuss the topic by default, it's like everything is okay on the surface. I'm happy with that.
                        “And whatever you have of favor - it is from Allah. Then when adversity touches you, to Him you cry for help”

                        [an-Nahl 16:53].

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: Shias?

                          here is the whole story. http://www.bbc.co.uk/religion/religi...nishia_1.shtml

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: Shias?

                            Originally posted by Magic. View Post
                            No they do not.
                            If you do not discuss the topic by default, it's like everything is okay on the surface. I'm happy with that.
                            You'll never come to a meaningful assessment of someone if you just go by what appears on the surface. In Haqqul Yaqeen, which is one of the most treasured books of 12er Shiism, it is said that, when the Mahdi returns from his occultation, he will ressurect Aisha and will whip her. I can't find any pdf files of the book, but it's currently available on Kindle.
                            Last edited by drac16; 03-04-14, 02:57 PM.
                            "Wert thou to follow the common run of those on earth, they will lead thee away from the way of Allah. They follow nothing but conjecture: they do nothing but lie." (surah 6:116)

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: Shias?

                              Originally posted by drac16 View Post
                              You'll never come to a meaningful assessment of someone if you just go by what appears on the surface. In Haqqul Yaqeen, which is one of the most treasured books of 12er Shiism, it is said that, when the Mahdi returns from his occultation, he will ressurect Aisha and will whip her. I can't find any pdf files of the book, but it's currently available on Kindle.
                              That's repugnant.
                              But I'am talking about the Shi'as who have not openly displayed their hate, I will still speak to them with respect and courtesy as they do for me. Doesn't mean I am about to join them.
                              “And whatever you have of favor - it is from Allah. Then when adversity touches you, to Him you cry for help”

                              [an-Nahl 16:53].

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X