Was my fajr valid?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Was my fajr valid?

Sunrise was at 6:27 and i started fajr at 6:25 and ended at like 6:30. I read somewhere that if you finish one rakat before sunrise that you have prayed it on time, but I don't know whether i finished 1 rakat before sunrise... prayer valid?

edit: had some blood on my back and i washed it off but i was not sure whether it was all washed away, am i supposed to do fajr again?

Re: Was my fajr valid?

:salams

Yes, you should repeat the Fajr salaah.

Fajr, Eid, and Jummah salaah are invalid if you start the salah before its time has left and finish it after the time has come to an end.

http://www.askimam.org/public/question_detail/16462
    http://www.sunniforum.com/forum/show...time-has-ended
    Secure few moments, everyday, to reflect upon the innumerable blessings of Allah and thank Him for bestowing them upon you.

"A person who is blessed with the ability to be grateful, shall never be deprived of barakah and increase in blessings."
    - Rasulullah (صلی اللہ علیہ وسلم)‎

Comment

Originally posted by mmkay View Post
      Sunrise was at 6:27 and i started fajr at 6:25 and ended at like 6:30. I read somewhere that if you finish one rakat before sunrise that you have prayed it on time, but I don't know whether i finished 1 rakat before sunrise... prayer valid?

edit: had some blood on my back and i washed it off but i was not sure whether it was all washed away, am i supposed to do fajr again?
      You'll have to pray again as Akhi Mirror said,

the 3 times which Salah is Forbidden is as follows,

http://islamqa.info/en/48998

:jkk:
      http://www.ilovepalestine.com/campai...imesinGaza.gif

"It does not befit the lion to answer the dogs."

– Imam al-Shafi’i (Rahimahullah)

Comment

It is valid provided you straight away perform the salah right after you wake up, regarding forbidden time for prayers in above post, that is only applicable to nawafil prayers, not the the obligatory one..

read this: http://islamqa.info/index.php/en/65605
        Please forgive me if I have ever offended you. :jkk:

My Humble Blog..

Comment

Originally posted by lala24 View Post
          It is valid provided you straight away perform the salah right after you wake up,read this: http://islamqa.info/index.php/en/65605
          That would be considered Qada.
          Secure few moments, everyday, to reflect upon the innumerable blessings of Allah and thank Him for bestowing them upon you.

"A person who is blessed with the ability to be grateful, shall never be deprived of barakah and increase in blessings."

Comment

There's a difference of opinion I guess. People should specify which madhab they want the answer from, if any.

Comment

Originally posted by .mirror. View Post
              Pls read the link I provided first, I'm sure you will understand what I'm trying to say
              Please forgive me if I have ever offended you. :jkk:

My Humble Blog..

Comment

Originally posted by مسلمة View Post
                There's a difference of opinion I guess. People should specify which madhab they want the answer from, if any.
                What's the other opinion?

Comment

Assalam,

I remember two hadiths regarding sin of making Qada if any one can elaborate it or prove that it is not a sahih hadith & clear my doubts please, jazakallah.

1) praying qada deserves a punishment of one HUGUB. one hugub refers to 88 years
                  2)(something like this)one who is praying mary fard prayers ' together' at one time had reached the door of Kufar

I ve heared this from Taa'lim books of Tablighi jammat.
                  My sect - No Sect

My Aqeedah - http://legacy.quran.com/112 ( The Aqeedah of Sahabas)

Just a Muslim

Comment

According to the majority of Muslim Jurists you can pray a Qada prayer at the forbidden times which include the time right after Fajr.

Since you kept praying, it would become Qada but would remain valid. For the majority praying the Qada at forbidden times is also permitted based on generality of the following Hadith

"مَن نام عن صلاة أو نسيها فليصلها إذا ذكرها، لا كفارة لها إلا ذلك"

"He who sleeps away from a prayer (i.e remains asleep and misses it) or forgets it, then let him pray it when he remembers it,there is no Kafarah for it except that."

Based on this the majority have said that any prayer can be made up during any forbidden time.

Since you began the prayer and it ended up going out of its time, it would become Qada and remain valid.

As for the blood, then according to the Shafis blood does not invalidate prayer.
                    Watch those eyes

Comment

However, having said what I have said, you have nothing to lose by repeating your prayer to avoid any Ikhtilaaf which exists in the opinions of the scholars.

Additionally, you remind of the instance which took place during the Prophet (PBUH) where two men become Junbi and did not have water and the time of prayer approached.

They both prayed but then one repeated the prayer later and though the one did not repeat the prayer had made the correct decision, the second one got a double reward.

So, repeating the prayer will not do you any harm and is the safer position.
                      Watch those eyes

Comment

Originally posted by .mirror. View Post

Assalam brother

I remember two hadiths regarding sin of making Qada if any one can elaborate it or prove that it is not a sahih hadith & clear my doubts please, jazakallah.

1) praying qada deserves a punishment of one HUGUB. one hugub refers to 88 years
                        2)(something like this)one who is praying mary fard prayers ' together' at one time had reached the door of Kufar

My sect - No Sect

My Aqeedah - http://legacy.quran.com/112 ( The Aqeedah of Sahabas)

Just a Muslim

Comment

Originally posted by talibilm09 View Post
                          Assalam brother

A tabligi asked me the same question 3 years ago.

The first Hadith is a fabrication.
                          Watch those eyes

Comment

To the virtues and excellence of Namaz e Fajr on time we can login to the website prayer times to see the correct timings of Fajr Prayer. So that we cannot miss our prayers and will perform them on time.

Comment

Can anyone give me an actual Hadith that says that if sunrise comes while you are still praying fair then your prayer isn’t valid.

I’ve looked this up before, and i have seen this being said a lot but I haven’t seen any actual hadiths or aya’s From the Quran that say this.

Maybe I am looking in the wrong places though. So can anyone provide me with anything related to this topic.

its not that i miss fair often. It’s very rare that I do. But i am just curious.

Comment

Working...
                              X