Is becoming a Plastic Surgeon Haram ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is becoming a Plastic Surgeon Haram ?

Is becoming a Plastic Surgeon Haram ? ;)

Re: Is becoming a Plastic Surgeon Haram ?

No. As long as you are helping those who are suffering from physical problems, such as burns, disfigurements, etc... and not using this profession to make money off of people's low self esteem.
    ูˆูŽุฅูุฐูŽุง ุณูŽุฃูŽู„ูŽูƒูŽ ุนูุจูŽุงุฏููŠ ุนูŽู†ูู‘ูŠ ููŽุฅูู†ูู‘ูŠ ู‚ูŽุฑููŠุจูŒ ุฃูุฌููŠุจู ุฏูŽุนู’ูˆูŽุฉูŽ ุงู„ุฏู‘ูŽุงุนู ุฅูุฐูŽุง ุฏูŽุนูŽุงู†ู ููŽู„ู’ูŠูŽุณู’ุชูŽุฌููŠุจููˆุงู’ ู„ููŠ ูˆูŽู„ู’ูŠูุคู’ู…ูู†ููˆุงู’ ุจููŠ ู„ูŽุนูŽู„ู‘ูŽู‡ูู…ู’ ูŠูŽุฑู’ุดูุฏููˆู†ูŽ
    "And when My servants ask you (O Muhammad concerning Me, then answer them), I am indeed near (to them by My knowledge). I respond to the invocations of the supplicant when he calls on Me (without any mediator or intercessor). So let them obey Me and believe in Me, so that they may be led aright."
    Surah al-Baqarah ayah 186
    [2:186]

.:.
    .:. Perfer et Obdura : Dolor Hic Tibi Proderit Olim .:.
    Be patient and strong : someday this pain will be useful to you

Comment

Originally posted by Pippin1376 View Post
      No. As long as you are helping those who are suffering from physical problems, such as burns, disfigurements, etc... and not using this profession to make money off of people's low self esteem.
      why?if a female muslim becomes a plastic surgeon I don't think how it wud be haram to carry out a surgery on another female's body or face it's perfectly halal then.

Comment

Originally posted by mirakool View Post
        why?if a female muslim becomes a plastic surgeon I don't think how it wud be haram to carry out a surgery on another female's body or face it's perfectly halal then.
        Are you talking about a boob job? Unless the breast was disfigured or something was wrong with it, then no one should be touching them. Vanity plastic surgery is haram. Medical plastic surgery isn't. They're just like regular surgeons in that case.
        ูˆูŽุฅูุฐูŽุง ุณูŽุฃูŽู„ูŽูƒูŽ ุนูุจูŽุงุฏููŠ ุนูŽู†ูู‘ูŠ ููŽุฅูู†ูู‘ูŠ ู‚ูŽุฑููŠุจูŒ ุฃูุฌููŠุจู ุฏูŽุนู’ูˆูŽุฉูŽ ุงู„ุฏู‘ูŽุงุนู ุฅูุฐูŽุง ุฏูŽุนูŽุงู†ู ููŽู„ู’ูŠูŽุณู’ุชูŽุฌููŠุจููˆุงู’ ู„ููŠ ูˆูŽู„ู’ูŠูุคู’ู…ูู†ููˆุงู’ ุจููŠ ู„ูŽุนูŽู„ู‘ูŽู‡ูู…ู’ ูŠูŽุฑู’ุดูุฏููˆู†ูŽ
        "And when My servants ask you (O Muhammad concerning Me, then answer them), I am indeed near (to them by My knowledge). I respond to the invocations of the supplicant when he calls on Me (without any mediator or intercessor). So let them obey Me and believe in Me, so that they may be led aright."

Comment

Originally posted by Pippin1376 View Post
          I don't know the Islamic perspective but I agree it can't be right to profit from people who feel bad about their bodies because they don't fit societies distorted perception of 'beautiful'.

Am I right in thinking a male surgeon could only perform surgery on a male patient and a female surgeon on a female patient?

Comment

Originally posted by Rainyday View Post
            I don't know the Islamic perspective but I agree it can't be right to profit from people who feel bad about their bodies because they don't fit societies distorted perception of 'beautiful'.

Am I right in thinking a male surgeon could only perform surgery on a male patient and a female surgeon on a female patient?
            I think it would be the ideal, but doctors are kind of under a different ruling. If there is no one available, then go to the one who is most able to help you. I may be wrong, but that's what I've been told. Plus, there tends to be more male surgeons to begin with, so if you're waiting for a female doctor and die in the process due to stubbornness then you might be at fault?

Comment

OP is a troll btw

Comment

OP, what do the symbols mean on your username. please explain to the class.
                70 scholars issued fatawas that Imam Ahmad b. Hanbal should be executed! That was the popular opinion back then, don't be fooled by popular opinion today! - Ahmad Musa jibreel

Tawheed Series - click

Comment

Originally posted by Hadid View Post
                  OP is a troll btw
                  I've never seen them, so I don't know, but the question is a valid one so there's no harm in answering it.

Comment

Originally posted by mirakool View Post
                    1. Women are not allowed to look at the private parts of other women.

2. Changing the creation of Allah is a major sin. Allah curses the women who do this.

Cosmetic surgery is only permitted to correct a defect, like burns, weight loss, amputees, skin grafts, ect.

http://islamqa.info/en/search?key=surgery

Comment

I heard that it all depends tbh. “On the authority of Abu Abdullah al-Nu’maan ibn Basheer (may Allah be pleased with them both) who said: I heard the Messenger of Allah (peace be upon him) say, ‘That which is lawful is clear, and that which is unlawful is clear, and between the two of them are doubtful [or ambiguous] matters about which not many people are knowledgeable. Thus, he who avoids these doubtful matters certainly clears himself in regard to his religion and honour. But he who falls into the doubtful matters falls into that which is unlawful, like a shepherd who pastures around a sanctuary, all but grazing therein. Verily every king has a sanctuary and Allah’s sanctuary is His prohibitions. In the body there is a morsel of flesh which, if it be sound, all of the body is sound and which, if it be diseased, all of the body is diseased. This part of the body is the heart.” (Recorded in Bukhari and Muslim)

There are lots of grey areas and it seems to me that plastic surgery is one of them. I heard of many stories where husbands said they would divorce their wives if they didn't get surgery or cases where women were very insecure and ridiculed for certain things that could be fixed with surgery but weren't considered deformities.

Sometimes males might have access to female doctors that are the best and females might be in situations where having a male doctor would give the best results? Plastic surgery is really serious so the patient should always go with the best doctor available.

Comment

Originally posted by |Sister| View Post
                        1. Women are not allowed to look at the private parts of other women.
                        Does this also apply during childbirth or for medical reasons? I was thinking about that the other day for some reason.

Comment

Does this also apply during childbirth or for medical reasons? I was thinking about that the other day for some reason.
                          Medical comes under a different ruling. If the person doesn't look or feel, then they won't know how far along the women is and might cause problems like ripping and what have you from pushing when they're not ready.

Comment

Medical necessity excuses it, but what the sister implied is that it's "perfectly halal" for a sister to look at a sister's body. It isn't. *Implants is not medical necessity.

Comment

The 'awrah of a woman amongst other women is the same as the 'awrah of men (from her navel to her knees). Therefore implants may not fall under that category.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X