X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Mawlid Not for the Faint hearted

Originally posted by Islam3333 View Post
    Ibn ʿArabī was an Arab Andalusian Sufi mystic and philosopher. He is renowned by some practitioners of Sufism as "the greatest master" and also as a genuine saint. - Wikipedia

Hmm?

You go to Wikipedia for everything? Not all sufis are deviants
    Don't depend too much on anyone in this world because even your own shadow leaves you when you are in the darkness

Comment

So then why did you read it?

Comment

Originally posted by ~Carpe Diem~ View Post
        Masilla and Allah's servant qadi iyad abu bakr ibn arabi is a different person. Imam syuuti said that's its haram for a layman to read the books of the sufi ibn arabi. Dr umar Abdullah farooq said don't touch his books, don't read them. Allah knows best.
        allahu alem

I have been told to not read Ibn Al-Jawzi too

anyway you still need a sheikh to read them, and im not scared of books :o
        My Blog http://historyeyesopened.tumblr.com/ Watch out sister Nousername :o
        Ummah forum mentality depiction by BBC (warning) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LS37SNYjg8w

Comment

• Mawlid coming soon are you ready to

fast
          http://treasureofthescholars.wordpress.com/
          Perfect Handmade Cookies for your Dhikr Sessison
          http://s9.postimg.org/46cs0lqz3/bvita_jpg.jpg
          for all your sufism needs
          http://s2.postimg.org/tl4ep7qzp/image.jpg

Comment

• Mawlid coming soon are you ready to

when is it?

Comment

• Re: Mawlid coming soon are you ready to

Originally posted by Bint Muaawiya View Post
              when is it?
              monday
              http://treasureofthescholars.wordpress.com/
              Perfect Handmade Cookies for your Dhikr Sessison
              http://s9.postimg.org/46cs0lqz3/bvita_jpg.jpg
              for all your sufism needs
              http://s2.postimg.org/tl4ep7qzp/image.jpg

Comment

tumblr_lwsasdqelX1qht847.jpg

Comment

Well brothers, honestly i dont celebrate it as its no benefit to us, right ? I mean if it was something good to do, Sahaba would do it already yet i dont know if any of them celebrated this day nor did sth special for it, you know : )

Comment

Haha. Very funny. :jkk:
                    إن للمتقين مفازا

Comment

I have prepared such a solid refutation that people will forget their own birthday, yeaaaah :badguy:
                      Rasulullah (Sallallahu Alayhi Wasallam) is also reported to have said: “He who is very hasty and so bold as to pass verdicts is also bold in taking the path towards hell

Comment

I am not a pro - milad person , but at the same time I feel happy the day prophet Muhammad ( pbuh ) was born. There is absolutely nothing wrong in feeling happy on that day.

Comment

Ina lilah wa ina illaihi rajioon.

Firstly:

Muslim (1162) narrated from Abu Qataadah al-Ansaari (may Allah be pleased with him) that the Messenger of Allah (blessings and peace of Allah be upon him) was asked about fasting on Mondays and he said: “On (that day) I was born and on it Revelation came down to me.”

Al-Tirmidhi (747) narrated, in a hadeeth that he classed as hasan, from Abu Hurayrah (may Allah be pleased with him) that the Messenger of Allah (blessings and peace of Allah be upon him) said: “Deeds are presented (to Allah) on Monday and Thursday and I like my deeds to be presented when I am fasting.”

Classed as saheeh by al-Albaani in Saheeh al-Tirmidhi.

From the saheeh hadeeths quoted above, it is clear that just as the Prophet (blessings and peace of Allah be upon him) fasted on Mondays out of gratitude for the blessing of his birth on this day, he also fasted it because of its virtue, because the Revelation came down to him on that day, and on that day deeds are presented to Allah. So he (blessings and peace of Allah be upon him) liked his deeds to be taken up when he was fasting. The fact that he was born on that day was one of several reasons for fasting that day.

If a person fasts on Mondays, as the Prophet (blessings and peace of Allah be upon him) did, hoping for forgiveness on that day, out of gratitude for the blessings that Allah bestowed upon His slaves on the day – the greatest of which blessings is the birth of His Prophet and His sending him – and hoping to be among the people who are forgiven on that day, then this is something good and is in accordance with what is proven of the Sunnah of the Prophet (blessings and peace of Allah be upon him). But he should not single out one week for that to the exclusion of others, or one month to the exclusion of others. Rather he should do that as much as he can on a permanent basis.

With regard to singling out one day of the year for fasting it, in celebration of the birth of the Prophet (blessings and peace of Allah be upon him), this is an innovation (bid‘ah) that is contrary to the Sunnah of the Prophet (blessings and peace of Allah be upon him). The Prophet (blessings and peace of Allah be upon him) fasted on Mondays, and no other day, but from year to the next, his birthday may come on that day or any other day of the week.

Secondly:

What is widespread among people nowadays of celebrating birthdays is an innovation that is not prescribed in Islam. The Muslims do not have any special days that they celebrate apart from the two Eids, Eid al-Fitr and Eid al-Adha.

Moreover, what comparison can there be between the birth of the Prophet (blessings and peace of Allah be upon him), which is indeed a blessing and a mercy for all of mankind as Allah says (interpretation of the meaning): “And We have sent you (O Muhammad صلى الله عليه وسلم) not but as a mercy for the ‘Aalameen (mankind, jinn and all that exists)” [al-Anbiya’ 21:107] and a harbinger of good for all mankind, and the birth or death of any other human being? Moreover, what would that attitude of his Companions, and the righteous who came after them, be towards such an action?

It is not known that any of the salaf or early scholars said that it is prescribed to fast on any particular day of the week or the month or the year, and regard that day as a “festival” because the Prophet (blessings and peace of Allah be upon him) used to fast on the day of his birth every week, which was a Monday. If that was prescribed, the people of knowledge and virtue of the early generations who hastened to do all that is good would have hastened to do it before us. As they did not do that, it is known that this is something that is innovated and it is not permissible to do it.
                          وما من يد الايد الله فوقها.....ولاظالم الاسيبلي باظلمِ

Comment

If you celebrate your birthday you need to celebrate his birthday first as you must love him more than your ownself. If you are not happy you were born then it makes sense why you wouldn't be happy the Prophet SAWAWS was born. But if you are happy you were born or your parents or children were born then you need to be happier that Rasulullah SAWAWS is born. His whole family was happy when he was born. Only Shaytan and his minions were unhappy on the occasion of the Milad of the Prophet SAWAWS. He hates Rasulullah SAWAWS so much he can't look at him! Even Abu Lahab is given respite in hellfire for celebrating the Birth of the Prophet SAWAWS. The only people who aren't happy are the followers of Iblees.

Most Muslims in the world celebrate Milad un Nabi SAWAWS. How do they celebrate? By reciting Quran, naat, qasidas, reciting lots of Salawat. It is Mushtahab and a Sunnah to do this on any occasion but especially on his Milad. It follows the example of Hazrat Hasan Bin Thabit who was appointed a special seat in Masjid Nabawi to recite poetry in honor of Rasulullah SAWAWS. He even was asked by Rasulullah SAWAWS to recite a poem in honor of Hazrat Abu Bakr. This is Sunnah of Rasulullah SAWAWS.

Comment

Originally posted by jilani View Post
                              If you celebrate your birthday you need to celebrate his birthday first as you must love him more than your ownself. If you are not happy you were born then it makes sense why you wouldn't be happy the Prophet SAWAWS was born. But if you are happy you were born or your parents or children were born then you need to be happier that Rasulullah SAWAWS is born. His whole family was happy when he was born. Only Shaytan and his minions were unhappy on the occasion of the Milad of the Prophet SAWAWS. He hates Rasulullah SAWAWS so much he can't look at him! Even Abu Lahab is given respite in hellfire for celebrating the Birth of the Prophet SAWAWS. The only people who aren't happy are the followers of Iblees.

Most Muslims in the world celebrate Milad un Nabi SAWAWS. How do they celebrate? By reciting Quran, naat, qasidas, reciting lots of Salawat. It is Mushtahab and a Sunnah to do this on any occasion but especially on his Milad. It follows the example of Hazrat Hasan Bin Thabit who was appointed a special seat in Masjid Nabawi to recite poetry in honor of Rasulullah SAWAWS. He even was asked by Rasulullah SAWAWS to recite a poem in honor of Hazrat Abu Bakr. This is Sunnah of Rasulullah SAWAWS.
                              Please don't compare muslims who try to stick to the sunnah of the prophet :saw: to " Shaytan and his minions". Fear Allah.
                              الحق لا يعرف بالرجال، اعرف الحق تعرف رجاله

Comment

Originally posted by jilani View Post

Subhanallah how easy it is for you to let your tongue loose without first thinking.

We do things by the Quran and Sunnah. The mawlid cannot be verified as something legitimate by either source nor as a way of the salaf. Therefore we reject it as Bid'ah.

Your love for the Prophet cannot be used to establish something that simply isn't there.

For example, my love for Allah(swt) is great so I do what he tells me to do. I don't pray 5 ruk'ahs out of my love for Allah(swt) instead of four at Zuhr prayer because that is not what he commanded me to do.

May Allah(swt) guide you to the straight path.
                                وما من يد الايد الله فوقها.....ولاظالم الاسيبلي باظلمِ

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                                X