Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shahada in Jerusalem

Dear Group,

I have not undergone shahada despite much praying and study. I am leaving for a trip to Jerusalem next week and was wondering if one can testify in the Great Dome of the Rock or other holy mosque in Jerusalem? The only problem that I can see is one might not be let in as some of these Islamic holy places only admit Muslims inside. I am not sure how one proves this but this could make it difficult. Any advice would be most welcome.

John

Re: Shahada in Jerusalem

You should say Shahada in Masjid Al Aqsa. : ) No dear they will let you in. If they don't try and explain you want to take your sahahda I promise you they will let you in very quick : )
    Don't depend too much on anyone in this world because even your own shadow leaves you when you are in the darkness

Comment

Hi john,
      Is there a specific reason why you haven't undergone shahada yet ? Well coming to the point, just be honest to the imaam(preacher aka guardian) of the mosque, let them know what you are there for. They might greet you with open arms.
      Also, A person becomes a Muslim by reciting the Shahada with a sincere heart in Arabic. so you can travel to a mosque in jerusalem, but my advice is try the local masjid(mosque). There you can find people who may help you and guide you properly on a day to day pace.

Comment

Many thanks. The reason I have not as yet is because I have tried to run very hard in the opposite direction. It is not simple for me as I have been a Christian priest. In fact I am going to Jerusalem as part of a Masters in Orthodox theology. So I hope you can see the irony in all this. However, no matter how hard I have run or where I have tried to hide Allah will not let me go. I have tried to talk myself out of this by using my Christian theology but even that hasn't worked. My trip is within a few days so although I have contacted my local mosque I thought I might take action in Jerusalem. That for me will be the last great test. Al hammdhu lil'la.

Comment

Originally posted by john Konstantin View Post
          Many thanks. The reason I have not as yet is because I have tried to run very hard in the opposite direction. It is not simple for me as I have been a Christian priest. In fact I am going to Jerusalem as part of a Masters in Orthodox theology. So I hope you can see the irony in all this. However, no matter how hard I have run or where I have tried to hide Allah will not let me go. I have tried to talk myself out of this by using my Christian theology but even that hasn't worked. My trip is within a few days so although I have contacted my local mosque I thought I might take action in Jerusalem. That for me will be the last great test. Al hammdhu lil'la.
          Subhnallah. Don't try to run Allah has guided you and you should be very happy about that so many try and run and stay in the dark. We as your Brothers and Sisters will be here for you and support you when you become Muslim. Your Palestinian Muslim brothers and sisters will also help. Al Aqsa will make you awe struck when you walk inside. I live in Palestine and stepping in and seeing Al Aqsa was the greatest thing I've ever seen
          Don't depend too much on anyone in this world because even your own shadow leaves you when you are in the darkness

Comment

Thank you for your inspiring response Allah's Servant. May it be so! Incha,allah.

Comment

Please do let us know the result. I am eager to welcome you to Islam in shaa Allah.
              Allāhu akbar

Comment

Indeed, sounds like you have been amongst the guided, subhan-Allah. :) !
                Allah mentions that in the quran as well:

So whoever Allah wants to guide - He expands his breast to [contain] Islam; and whoever He wants to misguide - He makes his breast tight and constricted as though he were climbing into the sky. Thus does Allah place defilement upon those who do not believe.,[6:125] (translation salih international)

Also, "Verily, Allah sends astray whom He wills, and guides whom He wills." [Faatir, 35:8]

Then Allah misleads whom He wills and guides whom He wills." [Ibrahim, 14:4]

"But He sends astray whom He wills and guides whom He wills." [An-Nahl, 16:93]

and many more verses.

so my friend, insha allah , take the shahada with sincerity and see how Allah SWT makes things easy for you !
                All the best for your journey and insha allah you will succeed in your task. take care.

Comment

Many thanks all! I understand that it is Israeli guards that check to see who is Muslim on the Temple Mount and some people are even made to recite verses of the Quran to prove that they are Muslims. So I am not sure if I will even get as far as a Guardian to ask entrance. But, incha, allah, this obstacle may easily be broached. And of course I will report back. The minute anything develops! :)

Comment

I hope these pictures say it all.

Comment

Can't see the pics but I'm guessing sense you have Mohammed Abdullah under your name that you are now our Muslim brother!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Allahu Akbar!!! Welcome to the Ummah aki!

Comment

Beautiful pictures! Welcome to Islam brother, may Allah keep you on His religion.

Comment

Many thanks. Whilst everyone being turned away from the gate to the Temple Mount by the Israeli soldiers. I prayed the Surah El Fatihah and passed through as if an invisible angel. I made my shahada in the mirhab in front of what must have been a thousand or more believers during Jummah Prayer. Al hammdhu lil la!

Comment

Many thanks. Whilst everyone being turned away from the gate to the Temple Mount by the Israeli soldiers. I prayed the Surah El Fatihah and passed through as if an invisible angel. I made my shahada in the mirhab in front of what must have been a thousand or more believers during Jummah Prayer. Al hammdhu lil la!
                            :sub: I am very glad! :jkk: for the update.

Comment

Alhamdulillah.

Just as Allah willed.

You chose a very nice name. How did you find the whole experience?

The third picture looks professional.
                              Allāhu akbar

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X