Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The forgotten Sunnah's - Let's Revive Them!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The forgotten Sunnah's - Let's Revive Them!!

:start:

:salams

"Whoever revives an aspect of my Sunnah that is forgotten after my death,
    he will have a reward equivalent to that of the people who follow him,
    without it detracting in the least from their reward." (Tirmidhi 7/443)

Allah mention's time and time again that "Follow Allah and his Rasul" or "Obey Allah and his Rasul" .

So it would be good if we mention any Sunnah's that have been forgotten so we can implement them in our lives.

Examples of Forgotten Sunnah's can be Hijama (cupping), licking the fingers after eating and miswaak (Stick).
    "The sinner does not care about whether he angers his Lord or not, all he cares about is satisfying his lusts and desires".
    [Ibn Qayyim- al Jawziyyah]

Re: The forgotten Sunnah's - Let's Revive Them!!

When dark clouds start to appear, Rasulullah :saw: would rush to the masjid to offer 2 rakaat Salaah. Today, when dark clouds appear, we take it lightly. Let us revive this sunnah. Ameen
    "The sinner does not care about whether he angers his Lord or not, all he cares about is satisfying his lusts and desires".

Comment

The Prophet :saw: used to read the following dua as soon as he woke up from sleep:الحمد لله الذي احيانا بعدما اماتنا و اليه النشور (alhamdu lillahi-l-ladhi ahyaanaa ba'ada maa amaatana wa ilaihi-n-nushoor) Praise is for Allah, the one who made us alive after making us die and to him shall we return.

So as soon as you wake up rub your eyes and face, then read this Duaa.

Comment

It is narrated on the authority of Abu Hurayrah who said that when the Messenger of Allah :saw: said: “If one of you puts on shoes, let him begin with the right. And when he takes it off, let him begin with the left. And let him put them both on or let him take them off both.”

[Agreed upon: 5495 & 5855]

Comment

Originally posted by Rafa-Ya-Dain View Post
          :start:

:salams

Examples of Forgotten Sunnah's can be licking the fingers after eating.
          :wswrwb:
          I did not know this was a sunnah, I do this after I eat. Also, I think to mention eating with the hands is also important, since some (if not many) have abandoned this.

The Prophet :saw: used to read the following dua as soon as he woke up from sleep:الحمد لله الذي احيانا بعدما اماتنا و اليه النشور (alhamdu lillahi-l-ladhi ahyaanaa ba'ada maa amaatana wa ilaihi-n-nushoor) Praise is for Allah, the one who made us alive after making us die and to him shall we return.

So as soon as you wake up rub your eyes and face, then read this Duaa.
          I read this when I wake up as well. And before sleeping, 'Allahumma bismika amutu wa ahya'

Comment

Dua for putting on new apparel:

اللَّهُمَّ لَكَ الْحَمْدُ كَمَا كَسَوْتَنِيهِ أَسْأَلُكَ خَيْرَهُ وَخَيْرَ مَا صُنِعَ لَهُ وَأَعُوذُ مِنْ شَرِّهِ وَشَرِّ مَا صُنِعَ لَهُ

Allahumma lakal-hamdu 'Anta kasawtaneehi, 'as'aluka min khayrihi wa khayri maa suni'a lahu, wa 'a'oothu bika min sharrihi wa sharri ma suni'a lahu

"O Allah, all praise is to You, just as You have dressed me, I seek Your blessings of it and the blessings of what it is made of and I seek protection and Your refuge from all evil and the evil of that which it is made of".

Comment

Dua for entering the toilet:

اللَّهُمَّ إِنِّي أَعُوذُ بِكَ مِنَ الْخُبُثِ وَالْخَبَائِثِ

Allaahumma innee a‛oodhu bika minal-khubuthi wal-khabaa’ith

Before entering the toilet, one should recite this dua and enter with his left foot first.

Dua for leaving the toilet:

غُفْرَانَكَ اَلْحَمْدُ لِللَّهِ الَّذِيْ أَذْهَبَ عَنِّيْ الأَذّىَ وَ عَافَانِيْ

Ghufranaka al-hamdu lillahil ladhi adh-haba annil adha wa afani.

O Allah. I seek your forgiveness. All praises are due to Allah who has taken away from me the discomfort and granted me comfort.

When leaving the toilet one should recite this dua and exit with his right foot first.

Comment

Before eating, one should say 'Bismillah' or 'Bismillah wa ala barakatillah'

(Bit obvious I know but just in case some people don't).

Comment

Brushing the bed thrice before going to sleep. This one I always forgot to do but during the summertime, somehow a wasp was on my bed and it stung me. Now I always remember to do it alhamdulillah.
                  ▪️••• 〰 Say what you wish in abuse of me, for my silence towards the idiot is indeed an answer. I am not at a loss for a response, but rather it does not befit the lion to answer the dogs. 〰 •••▪️

~ IMAM SHAFI'I RH

Comment

* Aisha radiallahu anha would drink from a cup. The Prophet salallahu alaihi wasallam would take this cup and search for the place where the lips of his beloved wife made contact. Upon finding the place where his wife drank from the cup, he would put his lips on the very same place so that his lips have touched the place where her lips touched.

Comment

Originally posted by Bismil View Post
                      * Aisha radiallahu anha would drink from a cup. The Prophet salallahu alaihi wasallam would take this cup and search for the place where the lips of his beloved wife made contact. Upon finding the place where his wife drank from the cup, he would put his lips on the very same place so that his lips have touched the place where her lips touched.
                      That's beautiful subhanAllah :jkk:
                      ▪️••• 〰 Say what you wish in abuse of me, for my silence towards the idiot is indeed an answer. I am not at a loss for a response, but rather it does not befit the lion to answer the dogs. 〰 •••▪️

~ IMAM SHAFI'I RH

Comment

Originally posted by srahman33 View Post
                        :wswrwb:
                        I did not know this was a sunnah, I do this after I eat. Also, I think to mention eating with the hands is also important, since some (if not many) have abandoned this.
                        Yes eating with the hands and sitting on the floor and eating is also Sunnah.

Comment

Yes eating with the hands and sitting on the floor and eating is also Sunnah.
                          Eating with the hands makes food taste better as well in my opinion.

Comment

Also, the prophet :saw: used to sleep on his right side with his right hand placed under his right cheek.

Comment

Originally posted by srahman33 View Post
                              Eating with the hands makes food taste better as well in my opinion.
                              Yes it is much better and eating on the floor i heard is good for digestion.

Comment

Working...
                              X