Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The forgotten Sunnah's - Let's Revive Them!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The forgotten Sunnah's - Let's Revive Them!!

Originally posted by Ariadne View Post
    I remember a hadith about Umm Salamah came to Prophet and her fingers are not adorned (i.e. no ring), so the Prophet told her that a woman should not let her fingers empty i.e. from ring, even if the ring was made of animal's skin. Please clarify this hadith if you can?

I just surprised why many don't consider women wearing ring as Sunnah.
    You can check this out :insha: -

http://islamqa.info/en/11886
    "The sinner does not care about whether he angers his Lord or not, all he cares about is satisfying his lusts and desires".
    [Ibn Qayyim- al Jawziyyah]

Comment

Originally posted by Allah's_Servant View Post
      Difference of opinion some say it beautifies her and she should not wear it outside (then again they also say that she should not wear jelewry outside even when it is clear from Hadiths that Aisha (rd) and the believing women use to wear jewelery outside the house) others say it is fine they use a hadith in which the Prophet (Saw) tells a woman to use Kohl and they say it shows that Kohl was a everyday thing and not just for the inside (Not giving a ruling just telling u the different opinions) I for one wear Kohl outside I just make sure not to make it dark and not add to much. The Kohl that was used was called Ithmid. If you want Kohl of the Sunnah I would use this website http://www.healthmeanswealth.co.uk/Kohl_Ithmid_Shop.php
      Jzk for the difference of opinion. I remember once i tried kohl for a party, and even after washing my face it was still visible... i try to not use it at hone since i know for a fact, it will be so so difficult to remove it when going outside. But if kohl is permissible outside that would make it easier for me.
      Like i said, kohl tends to remain, or atleast you still have a visible fade-ish kohl smudge. Is it okay to pray with kohl?... since even after wudu it will still be somewhat there.

Also this i found in the site provided
      "Ithmid cures headache when mixed with watery honey"... is it when you drink it? Or apply it to your eyes... sorry if that questions sounds stupid... i am just confused. But i really have bad headache, and if that is a method, natural method, of helping me with the headaches i constantly get then i would really like to try it.

Lol so many questions.
      Bye...

Comment

Originally posted by Maghrebia00 View Post
        Jzk for the difference of opinion. I remember once i tried kohl for a party, and even after washing my face it was still visible... i try to not use it at hone since i know for a fact, it will be so so difficult to remove it when going outside. But if kohl is permissible outside that would make it easier for me.
        Like i said, kohl tends to remain, or atleast you still have a visible fade-ish kohl smudge. Is it okay to pray with kohl?... since even after wudu it will still be somewhat there.

Also this i found in the site provided
        "Ithmid cures headache when mixed with watery honey"... is it when you drink it? Or apply it to your eyes... sorry if that questions sounds stupid... i am just confused. But i really have bad headache, and if that is a method, natural method, of helping me with the headaches i constantly get then i would really like to try it.

Lol so many questions.
        Your welcome. You can pick the opinion you see the strongest.

With regards to praying with kohl and doing wudu then it should be valid. Or it is best you do wudu and then put the kohl on your eyes.

It doesn't mention drinking it just mixing it so apply it to the eyes. You can ask a scholar though.
        Don't depend too much on anyone in this world because even your own shadow leaves you when you are in the darkness

Comment

Originally posted by Hannahk92 View Post
          Brushing the bed thrice before going to sleep. This one I always forgot to do but during the summertime, somehow a wasp was on my bed and it stung me. Now I always remember to do it alhamdulillah.
          That's a tragically comic story, but while we're on it, more sleeping-related sunnahs:

-Brushing of the teeth before sleeping (even if you already did for isha)
          -Sleeping in a state of wudhu
          -Reading Surah al-Mulk
          -33x SubhanAllah, 33x Alhamdulillah, 34x Allahu Ackbar

And most importantly, naps are sunnah.

Comment

“Say: If you (really) love Allah then follow me [SAWS], Allah will love you and forgive you your sins. And Allah is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful.”
            [Al-e-Imran:31]

“…Help you one another in Al-Birr and At-Taqwa (virtue, righteousness and piety); but do not help one another in sin and transgression. And fear Allah. Verily, Allah is Severe in punishment.”
            [AlMaidah:2]

“When one of you prays towards a sutrah, he should get close to it so that Shaytaan cannot break his prayer.”

using the siwak before every prayer.

keeping your clothes (pants, thawb, etc..) above your ankles.
            The Prophet (sal Allahu alaihi wa sallam) said, “Allah the Most High said, ‘I am as My servant thinks (expects) I am. I am with him when he mentions Me. If he mentions Me to himself, I mention him to Myself; and if he mentions Me in an assembly, I mention him in an assembly greater than it. If he draws near to Me a hand’s length, I draw near to him an arm’s length. And if he comes to Me walking, I go to him at speed.’” [Sahih Al-Bukhari]

Comment

Sunnahs about DRINKING {Water} :

Sit and DRINK.
              Recite "Bismillah" before DRINKING and say "Alhamdulillah" after DRINKING.
              DRINK in three breaths and remove utensil from mouth after each sip.

Sunnahs about SLEEPING:
              To sleep in the state of WUZU (Ablution).
              Dust the bed thrice before retiring to bed.
              To brush the teeth with a meswak.
              One should sleep immediately after ISHA salaah.
              To sleep on the right hand side keeping right palm under the right cheek.
              To keep the knees slightly bent when sleeping.
              To refrain from sleeping on one`s stomach.
              To recite Surah Mulk, Aayat-Al-kursi. before sleeping.
              To recite Surah Iqlaas, Surah Falaq and Surah Naas three times before sleeping thereafter blowing over the entire body thrice.
              Recite before sleeping 33 times Subhan`Allah, 33 Alhamdulillah and 34 Allahu`Akbar.
              To recite the DUA before sleeping.
              To wake up for Tahajjud salaah

Sunnahs when wearing CLOTHES:
              Prophet Muhammad (SalallahuAlaihiWaSallam) loved white clothing.
              When putting on any garment RasoolAllah(SalallahuAlaihiWaSallam) always began with the right limb.
              When removing any garment RasoolAllah(SalallahuAlaihiWaSallam) always removed the left limb first.
              When wearing shoes first wear the right shoe then left and while removing first remove left and then right
              http://www.islamicity.com/forum/prin....asp?TID=14629
              The Prophet (sal Allahu alaihi wa sallam) said, “Allah the Most High said, ‘I am as My servant thinks (expects) I am. I am with him when he mentions Me. If he mentions Me to himself, I mention him to Myself; and if he mentions Me in an assembly, I mention him in an assembly greater than it. If he draws near to Me a hand’s length, I draw near to him an arm’s length. And if he comes to Me walking, I go to him at speed.’” [Sahih Al-Bukhari]

Comment

Absolutely AWESOME thread :jkk:
                Btw can we all please give references when stating the sunnahs :jkk:
                My Lord sanctify my flawed heart
                As You have sanctified Your house,
                Make my heart as protected and as honoured
                In which permission of entry
                Is only granted to a few,
                Please Allah, allow my heart
                To be preserved only for You.

---

It hurts, to watch you leave so soon,
                when I don't know, if I will ever see you again
                In Jannah, we will meet :love:

If I have ever offended, hurt or insulted you, forgive me for the sake of Allah سبحانه وتعالى‎

Comment

Sunnahs of the Toilet :
                  Recite the dua before entering the toilet.( i.e. Allahumma inni auzbeka minal qubs wal qabaes )
                  • Enter with the left foot.
                  • To sit and urinate. One should never urinate whilst standing.
                  • To leave the toilet with the right foot.
                  • To recite the dua after coming out of the toilet (i.e. Ghufranaka )
                  • One should not face Qiblah or show his back towards the Qiblah.
                  • Do not speak in the toilet.
                  • Be very careful of the splashes of urine (being unmindful in this regard causes one to be punished in the grave).
                  • After relieving oneself, to cleanse oneself using water.

Anas reported: When the Messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him) entered the privy, and in the hadith transmitted by Hushaim (the words are): When the Messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him) entered the lavatory, he used to say: O Allah, I seek refuge in Thee from wicked and noxious things.
                  Sahih Muslim 3:729

Narrated Anas ibn Malik: When the Prophet (peace be upon him) entered the privy, he removed his ring.
                  Abu Dawud 1:19

Narrated Abu Aiyub Al-Ansari: The Prophet said, “While defecating, neither face nor turn your back to the Qibla but face either east or west.” Abu Aiyub added. “When we arrived in Sham we came across some lavatories facing the Qibla; therefore we turned ourselves while using them and asked for Allah’s forgiveness.”
                  Sahih Bukhari 1:8:388

Abu Qatada reported it from his father that the Messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him) said: When anyone amongst you enters the privy he should not touch his penis with his right hand.
                  Sahih Muslim 2:512

Aisha (may Allah be pleased with her) said: “Whoever tells you that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) used to urinate standing up, do not believe him. He only ever used to urinate sitting down
                  Sahih al-Tirmidhi No. 11

Anas (may Allah be pleased with him) reported: “When the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) wanted to answer the call of nature, he would not lift his garment until he had squatted close to the ground.”[
                  al-Tirmidhi No. 14, see also Saheeh al-Jaami’ No. 4652

The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) said: “Most of the punishment of the grave will be because of urine.”[3]
                  Ibn Maajah No. 342, see also Saheeh al-Jaami’ No. 1202

Narrated AbuSa'id al-Khudri: I heard the Apostle of Allah (peace be upon him) say: When two persons go together for relieving themselves uncovering their private parts and talking together, Allah, the Great and Majestic, becomes wrathful at this (action).
                  Abu Dawud 1:15

Narrated Abu Huraira: The Prophet said, "Whoever performs ablution should clean his nose with water by putting the water in it and then blowing it out, and whoever cleans his private parts with stones should do it with odd number of stones."
                  Sahih Bukhari 1:4:162

Salman said that (one among) the polytheists remarked: I see that your friend even teaches you about the excrement. He replied; Yes, he has in fact forbidden us that anyone amongst us should cleanse himself with his right hand, or face the Qibla. He has forbidden the use of dung or bone for it, and he has also instructed us not to use less than three pebbles (for this purpose).
                  Sahih Muslim 2:505

Narrated Abdullah ibn Mas'ud: A deputation of the jinn came to the Prophet (peace be upon him) and said: O Muhammad, forbid your community to cleans themselves with a bone or dung or charcoal, for in them Allah has provided sustenance for us. So the Prophet (peace be upon him) forbade them to do so.
                  Abu Dawud 1:39

Narrated Aisha, Ummul Mu'minin: When the Prophet (peace be upon him) came out of the privy, he used to say: "Grant me Thy forgiveness."[5]
                  Abu Dawud 1:30

Usama b. Zaid (Allah be pleased with him) reported: Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) on his way back from 'Arafat got down in one of these creeks (to answer the call of nature), and after he had done that I poured water (over his hands) and said: Are you going to pray? Thereupon he said: The place of prayer is ahead of you.
                  Sahih Muslim 7:2942

Comment

Originally posted by sunrise786 View Post
                    Absolutely AWESOME thread :jkk:
                    Btw can we all please give references when stating the sunnahs :jkk:
                    :insha:

Comment

Interesting Hadiths.
                      I need to get myself a Siwak.

Comment

Narrated Abu Huraira: "Allah's Apostle said, "If a fly falls in the vessel of any of you, let him dip all of it (into the vessel) and then throw it away, for in one of its wings there is a disease and in the other there is healing (antidote for it) i e. the treatment for that disease." (Translation of Sahih Bukhari, Volume 7, Book 71, Number 673)"

To be more specific a house fly, you can allways take new glas of water *if water*. But maybe very useful in a place where there is not much water.
                        Last edited by Kindsolid; 26-01-14, 07:37 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Sara_ View Post
                          Sunnahs of the Toilet :
                          Recite the dua before entering the toilet.( i.e. Allahumma inni auzbeka minal qubs wal qabaes )
                          • Enter with the left foot.
                          • To sit and urinate. One should never urinate whilst standing.
                          • To leave the toilet with the right foot.
                          • To recite the dua after coming out of the toilet (i.e. Ghufranaka )
                          • One should not face Qiblah or show his back towards the Qiblah.
                          • Do not speak in the toilet.
                          • Be very careful of the splashes of urine (being unmindful in this regard causes one to be punished in the grave).
                          • After relieving oneself, to cleanse oneself using water.

Anas reported: When the Messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him) entered the privy, and in the hadith transmitted by Hushaim (the words are): When the Messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him) entered the lavatory, he used to say: O Allah, I seek refuge in Thee from wicked and noxious things.
                          Sahih Muslim 3:729

Narrated Anas ibn Malik: When the Prophet (peace be upon him) entered the privy, he removed his ring.
                          Abu Dawud 1:19

Narrated Abu Aiyub Al-Ansari: The Prophet said, “While defecating, neither face nor turn your back to the Qibla but face either east or west.” Abu Aiyub added. “When we arrived in Sham we came across some lavatories facing the Qibla; therefore we turned ourselves while using them and asked for Allah’s forgiveness.”
                          Sahih Bukhari 1:8:388

Abu Qatada reported it from his father that the Messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him) said: When anyone amongst you enters the privy he should not touch his penis with his right hand.
                          Sahih Muslim 2:512

Aisha (may Allah be pleased with her) said: “Whoever tells you that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) used to urinate standing up, do not believe him. He only ever used to urinate sitting down
                          Sahih al-Tirmidhi No. 11

Anas (may Allah be pleased with him) reported: “When the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) wanted to answer the call of nature, he would not lift his garment until he had squatted close to the ground.”[
                          al-Tirmidhi No. 14, see also Saheeh al-Jaami’ No. 4652

The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) said: “Most of the punishment of the grave will be because of urine.”[3]
                          Ibn Maajah No. 342, see also Saheeh al-Jaami’ No. 1202

Narrated AbuSa'id al-Khudri: I heard the Apostle of Allah (peace be upon him) say: When two persons go together for relieving themselves uncovering their private parts and talking together, Allah, the Great and Majestic, becomes wrathful at this (action).
                          Abu Dawud 1:15

Narrated Abu Huraira: The Prophet said, "Whoever performs ablution should clean his nose with water by putting the water in it and then blowing it out, and whoever cleans his private parts with stones should do it with odd number of stones."
                          Sahih Bukhari 1:4:162

Salman said that (one among) the polytheists remarked: I see that your friend even teaches you about the excrement. He replied; Yes, he has in fact forbidden us that anyone amongst us should cleanse himself with his right hand, or face the Qibla. He has forbidden the use of dung or bone for it, and he has also instructed us not to use less than three pebbles (for this purpose).
                          Sahih Muslim 2:505

Narrated Abdullah ibn Mas'ud: A deputation of the jinn came to the Prophet (peace be upon him) and said: O Muhammad, forbid your community to cleans themselves with a bone or dung or charcoal, for in them Allah has provided sustenance for us. So the Prophet (peace be upon him) forbade them to do so.
                          Abu Dawud 1:39

Narrated Aisha, Ummul Mu'minin: When the Prophet (peace be upon him) came out of the privy, he used to say: "Grant me Thy forgiveness."[5]
                          Abu Dawud 1:30

Usama b. Zaid (Allah be pleased with him) reported: Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) on his way back from 'Arafat got down in one of these creeks (to answer the call of nature), and after he had done that I poured water (over his hands) and said: Are you going to pray? Thereupon he said: The place of prayer is ahead of you.
                          Sahih Muslim 7:2942
                          :jkk: for the Ahadith's.
                          "The sinner does not care about whether he angers his Lord or not, all he cares about is satisfying his lusts and desires".

Comment

Umaiyyah bin Makhshi (May Allah be pleased with him) reported: Messenger of Allah (PBUH) was sitting while a man was eating food. That man did not mention the Name of Allah (before commencing to eat) till only a morsel of food was left. When he raised it to his mouth, he said: "Bismillah awwalahu wa akhirahu (With the Name of Allah, in the beginning and in the end).'' Messenger of Allah (PBUH) smiled at this and said, "Satan had been eating with him but when he mentioned the Name of Allah, Satan vomited all that was in his stomach.''

[Abu Dawud and An-Nasa'i].

Comment

always eat and drink with right hand bcos shaitan eat and drinks with his left hand. so whoever eats and drinks with left hand will also display nature of shaitan, becareful my brothers and sisters.
                              enter house with bismillah continue it with a salam even if thers none in the house because angels of mercy are in your house(unless untill you dont have a picture of a living thing which is the COPYRIGHTS of Allah swt)
                              My sect - No Sect

My Aqeedah - http://legacy.quran.com/112 ( The Aqeedah of Sahabas)

Just a Muslim

Comment

Originally posted by talibilm09 View Post
                                always eat and drink with right hand bcos shaitan eat and drinks with his left hand. so whoever eats and drinks with left hand will also display nature of shaitan, becareful my brothers and sisters.
                                enter house with bismillah continue it with a salam even if thers none in the house because angels of mercy are in your house(unless untill you dont have a picture of a living thing which is the COPYRIGHTS of Allah swt)
                                :jkk:

Comment

Working...
                                X