Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The forgotten Sunnah's - Let's Revive Them!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The forgotten Sunnah's - Let's Revive Them!!

:salams
    Narrated Ibn `Abbas:
    (The Prophet (ﷺ) said), "Healing is in three things: A gulp of honey, cupping, and branding with fire (cauterizing)." But I forbid my followers to use (cauterization) branding with fire."
    Sahih al-Bukhari 5680
    The Prophet (sal Allahu alaihi wa sallam) said, “Allah the Most High said, ‘I am as My servant thinks (expects) I am. I am with him when he mentions Me. If he mentions Me to himself, I mention him to Myself; and if he mentions Me in an assembly, I mention him in an assembly greater than it. If he draws near to Me a hand’s length, I draw near to him an arm’s length. And if he comes to Me walking, I go to him at speed.’” [Sahih Al-Bukhari]

Comment

Why's it sunnah to lick our fingers after eating?
      "Why Do We Fill Our Hearts With Everything But Allah And Expect Not To Fall Apart"

Comment

Originally posted by Faith1 View Post
        Why's it sunnah to lick our fingers after eating?
        It is a Sunnah to lick the fingers after eating food. Ibn Al-Qayyim may Allaah have mercy upon him while clarifying the guidance of the Prophet sallallaahu `alayhi wa sallam ( may Allaah exalt his mention ) (when eating food), said: “After finishing eating food, he [Prophet] used to lick his fingers.” Moreover, Anas may Allaah be pleased with him narrated that the Prophet sallallaahu `alayhi wa sallam ( may Allaah exalt his mention ) used to lick his three fingers when he finishes eating

In Sahih Muslim, Jaabir relates radiallahu anhu relates that the Prophet sallallahu alayhe wasallam commanded us to lick our fingers and the plate and he sallallahu alayhe wasallam said that you do not know (or you never know) which part of the food contains the barakah.
        The Prophet (sal Allahu alaihi wa sallam) said, “Allah the Most High said, ‘I am as My servant thinks (expects) I am. I am with him when he mentions Me. If he mentions Me to himself, I mention him to Myself; and if he mentions Me in an assembly, I mention him in an assembly greater than it. If he draws near to Me a hand’s length, I draw near to him an arm’s length. And if he comes to Me walking, I go to him at speed.’” [Sahih Al-Bukhari]

Comment

A forgotten sunnah is to add extra water to food so you have a larger portion of food and give some to the neighbours.
          Ya Muqallib Al-Quloob Thabbit Qalbi Alaa Deenik
          ( O changer of hearts, keep my heart steadfast on your deen)

www.treasureofthescholars.wordpress.com

Comment

Originally posted by Sara_ View Post
            It is a Sunnah to lick the fingers after eating food. Ibn Al-Qayyim may Allaah have mercy upon him while clarifying the guidance of the Prophet sallallaahu `alayhi wa sallam ( may Allaah exalt his mention ) (when eating food), said: “After finishing eating food, he [Prophet] used to lick his fingers.” Moreover, Anas may Allaah be pleased with him narrated that the Prophet sallallaahu `alayhi wa sallam ( may Allaah exalt his mention ) used to lick his three fingers when he finishes eating

In Sahih Muslim, Jaabir relates radiallahu anhu relates that the Prophet sallallahu alayhe wasallam commanded us to lick our fingers and the plate and he sallallahu alayhe wasallam said that you do not know (or you never know) which part of the food contains the barakah.
            :jkk:
            "The sinner does not care about whether he angers his Lord or not, all he cares about is satisfying his lusts and desires".
            [Ibn Qayyim- al Jawziyyah]

Comment

1. Qinaa - which is a small cloth that the Prophet salallahu 'alaihi wa salim used to were in his hat in order to soak up oil.

2. 'Asa (walking stick) - in Uswa i Rasool Akram it says that the Prophet salallahu 'alaihi wa salim used to always carry a walking stick with him, even when he rode on a camel. It is also reported in Shamaa'il Kubra that not many people will practice this sunnah as the Qiyamah nears.

3. Suka - a small box that Prophet salallahu 'alaihi wa salim used to keep his 'itr (perfume) in.

4. Henna and Katm - the Prophet salallahu 'alaihi wa salim used these as a dye and so did the Sahabah. The women used to always keep their hands died with henna as well, not just on special occasions.
              "The sinner does not care about whether he angers his Lord or not, all he cares about is satisfying his lusts and desires".
              [Ibn Qayyim- al Jawziyyah]

Comment

I remember a hadith about Umm Salamah came to Prophet and her fingers are not adorned (i.e. no ring), so the Prophet told her that a woman should not let her fingers empty i.e. from ring, even if the ring was made of animal's skin. Please clarify this hadith if you can?

I just surprised why many don't consider women wearing ring as Sunnah.

And all the heavens go their way.... And only change is here to stay...

Comment

Drinking black seeds (habatussauda).
                  Wearing henna for women's nails. Now women prefer wearing nail polish.
                  Wearing kohl on eyes.
                  Wearing trousers above ankles for men.
                  Cleaning between toes during ablution (wudu).
                  ~ Don’t trade a house in Jannah :insha:, for a lowly house in this transient world ~

They want to extinguish the light of Allah with their mouths, but Allah will perfect His light, although the disbelievers dislike it (61 : 8)

Comment

Originally posted by Mockingjay View Post
                    Drinking black seeds (habatussauda).
                    Wearing henna for women's nails. Now women prefer wearing nail polish.
                    Wearing kohl on eyes.
                    Wearing trousers above ankles for men.
                    Cleaning between toes during ablution (wudu).
                    Kohl on the eyes is for men, right?

I have barely seen muslim men do it, it is not even a hard sunmah to do.

and you know henna... can that just be on the nails or does it have to be the whole tip of the fingers... because I have seen some women do nails and others the whole tip?
                    Bye...

Comment

Originally posted by Maghrebia00 View Post

and you know henna... can that just be on the nails or does it have to be the whole tip of the fingers... because I have seen some women do nails and others the whole tip?
                      Kohl for both men and women.

Also Pippin already made a thread like this so AbuM should just merge this thread with that thread
                      Don't depend too much on anyone in this world because even your own shadow leaves you when you are in the darkness

Comment

Originally posted by Ariadne View Post
                        I remember a hadith about Umm Salamah came to Prophet and her fingers are not adorned (i.e. no ring), so the Prophet told her that a woman should not let her fingers empty i.e. from ring, even if the ring was made of animal's skin. Please clarify this hadith if you can?

I just surprised why many don't consider women wearing ring as Sunnah.
                        Oh man... I wasn't aware of that hadith... I have never worn rings, I think they don't suit me much... if that hadith is true I may just try and find a small ring... ohh I will feel like a lady!
                        Bye...

Comment

Originally posted by Allah's_Servant View Post
                          Kohl for both men and women.

Also Pippin already made a thread like this so AbuM should just merge this thread with that thread
                          Ohhhh even outside?

And which kohl is best to use... because I heard some rumours of some containg ingredients that is bad for you... there is also the powder version and thr liquid versions...
                          Bye...

Comment

Ohhhh even outside?

And which kohl is best to use... because I heard some rumours of some containg ingredients that is bad for you... there is also the powder version and thr liquid versions...
                            Difference of opinion some say it beautifies her and she should not wear it outside (then again they also say that she should not wear jelewry outside even when it is clear from Hadiths that Aisha (rd) and the believing women use to wear jewelery outside the house) others say it is fine they use a hadith in which the Prophet (Saw) tells a woman to use Kohl and they say it shows that Kohl was a everyday thing and not just for the inside (Not giving a ruling just telling u the different opinions) I for one wear Kohl outside I just make sure not to make it dark and not add to much. The Kohl that was used was called Ithmid. If you want Kohl of the Sunnah I would use this website http://www.healthmeanswealth.co.uk/Kohl_Ithmid_Shop.php
                            Don't depend too much on anyone in this world because even your own shadow leaves you when you are in the darkness

Comment

Henna can be on nails only or the whole tip. The purpose is to differentiate female hands from male hands.
                              ~ Don’t trade a house in Jannah :insha:, for a lowly house in this transient world ~

They want to extinguish the light of Allah with their mouths, but Allah will perfect His light, although the disbelievers dislike it (61 : 8)

Comment

I don't see these as "forgetten Sunnah" as I've heard of them (I haven't scrolled through the whole page). But this thread is really good, people learn what's sunnah in an easy way. Perhaps sources would be good aswell , but google can fix that :)

Assalamu aleikum
                                Quote me if you want an answer

Comment

Working...
                                X