Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Few Questions

Salam,
    I am an exmormon (hence my username) atheist willing to accept Islam.
    Due to my Mormon background (Arabs, never let your leaders allow their Missionaries in), I was unusually devout and very curios about religion (to a greater extent to the average Mormon).
    That being said, I have been studying many religions and I due to recently moving to Utah with almost no Muslims have a few questions:
    1: Has Allah ever commanded someone to kill someone?
    In the Old Testament some of the worst morality of mankind has been commanded including but not limited to-
    -God killing Egyption firstborn sons
    -God ordering complete genocide of Midianites (except female children who would be sex slaves for the soldiers and priests)
    -God ordering death for multiple crimes
    Is there any equivelant to Islam in the above?

Also I will need someone to explain the morality of Allah commanding Abraham to sacrifice his son

2: Hell
    -What is it like
    -Approximate percentage of people that will go there?
    -Who goes there?
    -Why are there eternal punishments for temporal sins?
    -Can one leave Hell?

3: Allah
    -Does Allah have a physical appearance?
    -What is Allah?
    -If Allah is allpowerful how can Allah not do everything at once leaving nothing more to do?

4: The Prophets
    -Are prophets fallible?
    -Is every word a prophet says true?
    -Has a prophet ever been prejudice towards race or believing status (In Matthew 15 Jesus calls a pleading Canaanite women a dog and at first refuses to help her due to her race, anything like that?)

5: Philosophical
    -Why doesn't Allah give mankind the revelation instead of relying on man to translate The Qur'an?
    -Does Allah grant miracles? If so how does one know Allah has given them a miracle?
    -Why doesn't Allah stop attrocities?
    -I have heard man was originally supposed to pray 50 times a day until Moses nerrgotiated with Allah to 5. Is this story true and if so how can Allah know best?
    -If sex is bad before marriage why are we designed to be lustful?

This is all sincer and inshaallah I can get over my doubts. Thabk you for your time.

Re: Few Questions

Salam,
    1. Yes, Allah has commanded it in certain circumstances, but never for someone who is innocent. For example, if someone were to kill your innocent brother, it is not moral for that person to expect to be let free to live the world. There is no such case as you have described from the Old Testament.

2. The least suffering for the inhabitants of Fire would be for him who would have two shoes and two laces of Fire (on his feet), and with these would boil his brain. For temporal sins, people go to hell for a period of time. Believers go to hell for the sins they do if they outweigh the good deeds and those deeds are not forgiven by Allah, but will be let into heaven afterwards.
    To the people who feel obligated to reply to every single thread even if with a lol:
    Not every thread demands [one's] input, some are more advanced than [one's] thinking, so read and learn.
    Others are of subjects [one] has discussed many times before [so] just read them to see how others feel about a subject.
    - AbuM

Comment

Originally posted by AboveWhite View Post
      Salam,
      Due to my Mormon background (Arabs, never let your leaders allow their Missionaries in), I was unusually devout and very curios about religion (to a greater extent to the average Mormon).
      That being said, I have been studying many religions and I due to recently moving to Utah with almost no Muslims have a few questions:
      In the Old Testament some of the worst morality of mankind has been commanded including but not limited to-
      -God ordering complete genocide of Midianites (except female children who would be sex slaves for the soldiers and priests)

Also I will need someone to explain the morality of Allah commanding Abraham to sacrifice his son

-What is it like
      -Who goes there?
      -Can one leave Hell?

-What is Allah?
      -If Allah is allpowerful how can Allah not do everything at once leaving nothing more to do?

-Are prophets fallible?
      -Has a prophet ever been prejudice towards race or believing status (In Matthew 15 Jesus calls a pleading Canaanite women a dog and at first refuses to help her due to her race, anything like that?)

-Why doesn't Allah give mankind the revelation instead of relying on man to translate The Qur'an?
      -Does Allah grant miracles? If so how does one know Allah has given them a miracle?
      -I have heard man was originally supposed to pray 50 times a day until Moses nerrgotiated with Allah to 5. Is this story true and if so how can Allah know best?

This is all sincer and inshaallah I can get over my doubts. Thabk you for your time.
      Originally posted by AboveWhite View Post
      Salam,

-What is it like
      -Who goes there?
      -Can one leave Hell?

-What is Allah?

-Are prophets fallible?

I will try to answer to the best of my knowledge inshaAllah.

1. in islam you are only allowed to kill someone in defence and not the innocent. Only Allah have a right over a persons life so we are not allowed to kill someone unless there is a valid reason to do so (as described by pickaname).

2. It is said that the fire in this world is just 1/70 (if im not mistaken) of that in Hell. So you can imagine how hot it is. The disbelievers stays in hell forever. One can only leave hell once all his sins has been paid for in hell and this is for the believers only. But 1 day in hell is equivalent to 1000 days in this world so even if you are in hell for a year it can feel eternal.

3. No Allah does not have a physical appearance. Allah is the one and only God. He neither begot anyone nor was He begotten and He has no equal. Leaving nothing more to do? Perhaps you can elaborate?

4. I know our Prophet Muhammad pbuh was. Yes it is for they are messengers of Allah and Allah does not lie. As for being prejudice..none that I know of were prejudiced towards certain race. In fact our Prophet Muhammad pbuh teaches us to respect all races equally

5. All words of Allah are being communicated by His messenger, i.e. Prophets. The Quran is His revelation to mankind, communicated over 20+ years through our Prophet Muhammd pbuh.
      Allah only grant miracles to the prophets, not to mankind. Those are miracles that you can see with your naked eyes. There could be people who receive miracles personally but which is private only to them, e.g recovering from a sickness when doctors have already said chances of surviving is zero.
      Everything that happens in this world is due to our own action. Allah gave us a brain and a heart which allows us to make our own decisions. Whatever our action in this world will be judged in the after life.
      Yes the story is true. But it was actually Muhammad pbuh who did the negotation. He met Moses on his way to meet Allah and Moses said that us humans cant do 50 prayers a day so in the end Allah granted Muhammads pbuh request to pray only 5 times a day. This is about Allah's mercy to us mankind.
      There are ways to control your lust and that is why in Islam once you are able to, you should get married. And again we are given the power to think on our own and hence why lust can be controlled and should not be a reason for us to commit to such act.

Comment

For no.4 I meant to say was not fallible. Didnt know how to edit my post

Comment

Regarding no. 5, Allah does know best as he did not reduce the rewards of the prayers, for He said:

'These are five prayers and they are all (equal to) fifty (in reward) for My Word does not change.'
          To the people who feel obligated to reply to every single thread even if with a lol:
          Not every thread demands [one's] input, some are more advanced than [one's] thinking, so read and learn.
          Others are of subjects [one] has discussed many times before [so] just read them to see how others feel about a subject.
          - AbuM

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
          X