Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I've read hadiths about Aisha (ra) being 9..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I've read hadiths about Aisha (ra) being 9..

When the marriage was consummated. What makes me doubt the Hadith is because of the many evidences that says otherwise. How it was only one person who made those reports (her great nephew I believe).. Also the battle, how no one under the age of 15 could be in it, just so many things... I can post a video if you all want (just haven't posted bcos well Im too lazy and I'm sure you guys know it)

Anyway my Q is- why have scholars not took the evidence into consideration? Yes I believe in hadiths however I do not take them all as 100% accurate (I believe only the Quran is 100%) .. I used to believe the hadiths stating her age but after the proofs that suggest otherwise, I'm confused. Also in hadiths she says things like "I was a girl of nine.." But people even just 100 years ago didn't know their age, how would Aisha have known it?

Thanks
    "Why Do We Fill Our Hearts With Everything But Allah And Expect Not To Fall Apart"

Re: I've read hadiths about Aisha (ra) being 9..

what evidences r u talking about?
    )

Comment

I'll look for the video and post it in a little

Oops I thought I posted the site
      http://www.discoveringislam.org/aisha_age.htm
      Last edited by Faith1; 16-11-13, 10:30 AM.
      "Why Do We Fill Our Hearts With Everything But Allah And Expect Not To Fall Apart"

Comment

I can't find the video but here's a link saying similar things
        http://www.discoveringislam.org/aisha_age.htm

Comment

I couldn't find the video link but it explains pretty much the same thing as in the link I posted

Comment

:salams

The hadith about Aisha (ra) is found in both Bukhari and Muslim and has 1400 years of Islamic scholarship to prove its authenticity.

So I don't understand how a random article or video on the internet is proof. How's do you know the credentials of the person commenting? How do you even know the points he is making is even true or it his not some flawed understanding due to his ignorance which causes him to come to these conclusions? What qualifications does such a person have that he has the authority to deauthenticate a hadith which has been agreed to be authentic?

Hence the question comes down to do you take an authentic hadith recorded in Bukhari and Muslim, or do you take the opinion of a random person on the internet who probably does not even have the qualifications to rule on the authenticity of hadith.

Comment

I don't know what to take because of the claims (i won't call them facts) that were made..

I'm not saying those hadiths are not accurate I'm just being honest and saying it did make me question it.

Also I know that a marriage is null if the woman didn't consent to the marriage.. When I thought about it, how could a 6 year old girl (its reported she was 6 but the marriage wasnt consummated then) consent to marriage? I don't know maybe I'm missing something. Im asking so that I would know.

Comment

http://www.letmeturnthetables.com/20...isha-when.html
                Last edited by Ariadne; 16-11-13, 11:20 AM.
                :GB_bonesrock:
                And all the heavens go their way.... And only change is here to stay...

Comment

I know that she was a woman. I'm talking about her consent to marriage, if she was 6, how could she consent (I'm NOT in any way suggesting anything bad about our beloved prophet) .. I believe she was also engaged to someone else before so.. Idk

Comment

I was talking to some Muslim woman- very knowledgeable.. She made a statement that basically a woman doesn't have to consent, that if she refuses then she cannot be forced but consent is not needed if she's not old enough. Then another person made a remark and said because of that, he can't accept Islam

I showed her the Hadith where the prophet said consent has to be made- her consent can be her silence- she says that's what it means (what I said she said in the aforementioned). I don't believe it's what's meant by that Hadith however I'm obviously no scholar so I don't know but it doesn't seem right to me.

Is what that girl said true?

Comment

Originally posted by Faith1 View Post
                      I was talking to some Muslim woman- very knowledgeable.. She made a statement that basically a woman doesn't have to consent, that if she refuses then she cannot be forced but consent is not needed if she's not old enough. Then another person made a remark and said because of that, he can't accept Islam

I showed her the Hadith where the prophet said consent has to be made- her consent can be her silence- she says that's what it means (what I said she said in the aforementioned). I don't believe it's what's meant by that Hadith however I'm obviously no scholar so I don't know but it doesn't seem right to me.

Is what that girl said true?
                      If you're honestly really that interested in this topic, then I'd recommend taking the time out to do some proper research.

I'd recommend reading both of these;

The Islamophobe's Glasshouse
                      Doubts about Aisha's Age - Refutation

And watching this;

A Fast Growing Islamic Search Website -

www.Searching-Islam.com

Comment

Not that interested.. I mean its not relevant to me. It's just I have people who ask a lot about that certain thing and I don't wanna answer wrong .. I just say I don't know.. Guess I'll look into

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                        X